Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 66 of 91 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 90 91 >
Topic Options
#964355 - Wed Jan 30 2013 03:56 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
I think Grace is referring to the "starting letter" challenge. In this case, it's exact match - if you get one in "Man in Space" and then take another one in "Space Shuttle", both do count.

#964533 - Wed Jan 30 2013 07:50 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Okay, I've got two readings of my question, so let's be specific.

Here is my challenge: "Play 6 quizzes containing 3 letter P's in each of their titles. Score at least 5 correct in each. Each quiz must be in a different sub-category, and must not have been played by you within the last 30 days!"

So if I play a particular sub-category X, then its parent directory is still fair game? What about its subdirectories?

It sounds like Wes is saying that X's subdirectories and parent directory would still be available to count toward the challenge, if I understand him correctly -- "exact match".

Cheers!

Edited by gracious1 (Wed Jan 30 2013 09:44 PM)

#964534 - Wed Jan 30 2013 08:01 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
ozzz2002 Online   FT-cool

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
Why not just play six quizzes from various subcategories of say, Science, and see what happens. If you do not get your challenge points, go to another category. No harm done.

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#964546 - Wed Jan 30 2013 08:53 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
I would have thought that its parent would be fine, as that is not the same subcategory. Subcategories of the subcategory, however, are within it, I think. You could try playing one and a second about which you are not sure to test it - no need to do all 6, as you should see your progress recorded - if the second one doesn't show, try going somewhere else. There are hundreds of subcategories around!

#964630 - Thu Jan 31 2013 09:43 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
habitsowner Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Arkansas USA
I took two new, player created, quizzes per the one of my daily challenges. I got 50% or more on both. Both show they are crossed off on the home page under new quizzes and both show in green on the "new quiz page". Neither of them are QuizBots However, I haven't not been given credit for either of them.

Why hasn't the credit been shown, i.e., that challenge shown as completed?

Thank you for your reply.

Lee

#964633 - Thu Jan 31 2013 09:58 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

If they were "In the dark..." or anything listed below it, they were actually not added today but yesterday. This challenge can be quite difficult in the morning when editors have not yet added many quizzes for the day.

#964635 - Thu Jan 31 2013 10:14 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
habitsowner Offline
Forum Adept

Thank you, Wesley Crusher. That's exactly what it was. What a waste of time THAT was on my part, and now I may not be able to do more on it today.

Oh well, maybe later on this afternoon I'll get a chance.

Thanks for your reply.

Lee

#964638 - Thu Jan 31 2013 10:19 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
In a bit of a mischievous mood today so when I got this challenge today ""Visit Ask FunTrivia and ask a trivia question you'd like the answer to! " So I thought I'd take them literally and have a bit of fun. grin My question: So the question I'd really like to know the answer to is the password to the Funtrivia game The Winner Takes it All? (Tongue in cheek) It got taken down pretty quick, can't for the life of me think why. lol

#964641 - Thu Jan 31 2013 11:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
AlonsoKing Offline
Explorer

Loc: Belgium
Today my medium challenge was:

- Rumor has it that you scored 2220 points in the Mind Melt game on Jan 09 13. Beat that score today.

and my hard challenge was:

- Score at least 1947 points in today's Mind Melt - using the TIMED mode.

It strikes me as odd that the goal of the medium challenge is higher than the goal of the hard challenge. Of course you could do the medium challenge in casual/untimed mode but the hard challenge blocks that. Isn't it possible to prevent that you have the same game in more than one daily challenge on the same day? I can't recall I ever had this before.

Of course I had a bad run in Mind Melt today so I messed up both challenges.

#964642 - Thu Jan 31 2013 11:15 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AlonsoKing]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Originally Posted By: AlonsoKing
Today my medium challenge was:

- Rumor has it that you scored 2220 points in the Mind Melt game on Jan 09 13. Beat that score today.

and my hard challenge was:

- Score at least 1947 points in today's Mind Melt - using the TIMED mode.

It strikes me as odd that the goal of the medium challenge is higher than the goal of the hard challenge. Of course you could do the medium challenge in casual/untimed mode but the hard challenge blocks that. Isn't it possible to prevent that you have the same game in more than one daily challenge on the same day? I can't recall I ever had this before.

Of course I had a bad run in Mind Melt today so I messed up both challenges.

The point system is different in untimed mode. You'd get a maximum of 180 points for 30 correct answers.

But, back to the original point, this is just a coincidence. Your medium challenge picks a random score from the past month(?) and your difficult takes some sort of average and bases the score on that. Getting both of those challenges is quite unlikely, and it's even more unlikely that you will get a higher score on the medium.

Terry has coded it so that you can't get a certain combination of challenges in the same day. I guess this just wasn't one of the combinations.

~(_8(I)

#964726 - Thu Jan 31 2013 03:29 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AdamM7]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Could it be (easily) fixed so that it doesn't happen?

#964933 - Fri Feb 01 2013 02:30 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
nautilator Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Do the frequency and difficulty levels of the QQ challenges take into account a person's QQ badges?

#964936 - Fri Feb 01 2013 03:25 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

I've had times in which my "beat a previous score" challenge dealt with Piece of Cake and was in a similar situation to the Mind Melt example. It might be a good idea to prevent those two challenges from appearing on the same day. Terry mentioned a player won't get more than one "My Daily Quiz" on the same day or you wouldn't get more than one challenge dealing with the International Hourly Game and stuff like that, so I assume this was some sort of oversight.

#964944 - Fri Feb 01 2013 05:01 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: nautilator]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Originally Posted By: nautilator
Do the frequency and difficulty levels of the QQ challenges take into account a person's QQ badges?

No, all challenges have the same frequency and it's always one question for easy and 2 for medium. The only limitation is that this is not given to low level members who may just not have enough experience yet to write a QQ.

#964977 - Sat Feb 02 2013 01:45 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
MikeMaster99 Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: Melbourne VIC Australia      
We need a new word to describe the excitement and anticipation when purchasing another daily challenge and the feeling of deflation when it is yet another 'Easy' one!

#964983 - Sat Feb 02 2013 02:03 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
nautilator Offline
Forum Adept

We do, it's called "business as usual" frown

#965004 - Sat Feb 02 2013 06:09 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
froggyx Offline
Explorer

Loc: Greater Manchester England UK
Mike, I know the feeling!
(At least, if it's not an Epic, I always hope for a difficult, but am grateful for a medium challenge too)

#965005 - Sat Feb 02 2013 06:30 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: MikeMaster99]
ozzz2002 Online   FT-cool

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
Originally Posted By: MikeMaster99
We need a new word to describe the excitement and anticipation when purchasing another daily challenge and the feeling of deflation when it is yet another 'Easy' one!

There are probably several, but most would get me thrown off the site. smile

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#965006 - Sat Feb 02 2013 06:30 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Probably the best synergy in challenges... EVER.

Easy: Play 5 categories of the Global Challenge during a set today
Medium: Rank in the top 25% of players in one of your Global Challenge games today. Ranks are assigned when the sets close.
Hard: Rank in the top 3 (in your division) in one of your Global Challenge games today (when the set closes).

And yes, this is meant as a suggestion to fix it smile

#965022 - Sat Feb 02 2013 09:50 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
But how cool to knock all out at once! Lol

#965071 - Sat Feb 02 2013 01:37 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
Probably the best synergy in challenges... EVER.

Easy: Play 5 categories of the Global Challenge during a set today
Medium: Rank in the top 25% of players in one of your Global Challenge games today. Ranks are assigned when the sets close.
Hard: Rank in the top 3 (in your division) in one of your Global Challenge games today (when the set closes).

And yes, this is meant as a suggestion to fix it smile

Doesn't sound like it should be fixed. I would be very pleased to get that.

#965072 - Sat Feb 02 2013 01:45 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
I had something similar one day (just two, though, not all three) and I loved it!

#965078 - Sat Feb 02 2013 03:41 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

I had two of those three today (Wes's Medium was my Easy, though), and was thrilled to knock off two in one batch of GC.

Edited to add: Of course, I was also worried that if I didn't get them both in the first set, I would be unable to make any purchases.

Edited by looney_tunes (Sat Feb 02 2013 03:42 PM)

#965103 - Sat Feb 02 2013 07:51 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
nautilator Offline
Forum Adept

Can regular and gold members not cross paths in the point nemesis? With the quiz limitation it's essentially impossible for a regular member to win in such a situation.

#965107 - Sat Feb 02 2013 08:11 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

You just have to get your points from games rather than quizzes - there are lots of points available that way.

Page 66 of 91 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 90 91 >

Moderator:  Terry