Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#965887 - Wed Feb 06 2013 11:44 PM first post and question about all time high score
Walneto Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Arkansas USA
What is the highest score anyone ever obtained in one day? (daily point total)

Also, if I want to make a try at the ENDURANCE badge, what day should I do it on? (Which day of the week usually has the lowest high score?)

Edited by Walneto (Fri Feb 08 2013 05:25 PM)

#965921 - Thu Feb 07 2013 07:04 AM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York City
Hi, welcome to the forums smile

This chart shows the top 5 scores each day, for the past month. The top scores range from 25000-55000. You can try and see if there seems to be a correlation between certain scores and the day of the week.

http://www.funtrivia.com/pointstoday_HOF.cfm

Good luck!

#965925 - Thu Feb 07 2013 08:39 AM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
salami_swami Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
I have seen one player get 130,000 points in a single day. That is dedication!

Then, of course, someone wanted to beat it, and got 160,000 a few days later...

Edited by salami_swami (Thu Feb 07 2013 08:39 AM)

#965999 - Thu Feb 07 2013 05:57 PM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
Those are rare days though. I think most people get the Endurance badge with around 40,000 give or take a little bit.

#966010 - Thu Feb 07 2013 06:09 PM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Christinap]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: Christinap
Those are rare days though. I think most people get the Endurance badge with around 40,000 give or take a little bit.

Oh is that all? LOL wink wink crazy sick

Edited by gracious1 (Thu Feb 07 2013 06:10 PM)

#966035 - Thu Feb 07 2013 07:38 PM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Originally Posted By: gracious1
Originally Posted By: Christinap

Oh is that all? LOL wink wink crazy sick

It's not called Endurance for nothing! I remember deciding one morning (early afternoon FT time) that my score was one of the top ones at that time, so I would just play all day and see how it went. Ten hours of continuous playing later (after setting myself up with a bowl of fruit and a large jug of water nearby) I made it, collapsed in the corner, and tried to focus onthe room around me. Even then, my score was definitely on the low side for winners of the Endurance badge.

#966036 - Thu Feb 07 2013 07:40 PM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
malik24 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Somerset UK
I did an overkill of 50k points (or was it 60k? it was really overkill, anyway). I really didn't want someone to sneak up behind me and the second person ended up only being in the early 20k range, lol. On the plus side I got a lot of '24 hour' and quiz-taking badgelets done that day too!

I haven't checked (in-depth, I mean, I've glanced) but I doubt there's a best day because it depends who's in the mood to get a lot of points which is probably a select few players anyway... though possibly if more people are free on the weekends the odds could be slightly better on a weekday?

Edited by malik24 (Thu Feb 07 2013 07:41 PM)

#966039 - Thu Feb 07 2013 08:04 PM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
croatoan Offline
Participant

Loc: Louisiana USA
When I won Endurance, I got by with about 39k. I would imagine sometime in the middle of the week would be the best day to make a run at it, if there's actually any difference.

#966044 - Thu Feb 07 2013 09:34 PM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
salami_swami Offline

It only took me 22,000 points, and it didn't take me long. I was newly gold, so could play all the for kids quizzes. wink

#966058 - Thu Feb 07 2013 11:37 PM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
Walneto Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Arkansas USA
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I can see I'm going to have to fasten my seat belt. It's going to be a long haul with a bumpy ride.

#966080 - Fri Feb 08 2013 04:17 AM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I tried for Endurance a few times, without success, and then won it while aiming for another challenge altogether. I can't remember the score, though, but it was only in December last year, so I didn't have a lot of easy quizzes to play.

#966092 - Fri Feb 08 2013 06:39 AM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
nasty_liar Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England UK
I finally got this badge a couple of weeks ago but it wasn't a planned effort, various factors came together for me to have a run at it.

At about 4pm my time (10am FT time) I received an epic challenge that involved me needing to score in the top 20 site wide that day. Now you absolutely CANNOT waste an epic when you finally receive one.. so I decided that I needed to make damn sure that I made top 20.

I had about 5000 points upto that point in the day already and when I looked at the brains standings from the day before I noticed the top 20 all scored about 15,000 or above... so with 15,000 the target I set off playing quizzes, hourlies - anything I could get my hands on.

After two hours or so I had over 15,000 points and I noticed that I was actually in 2nd place! So that was when I decided to continue to try for the endurance for two reasons. 1, I'd already spent a lot of effort to get 15,000 points (more than I'd ever scored before) and 2, I knew that I was staying up late that night to watch a live event on TV so I'd be able to check nobody had sneaked ahead of me at 10pm FT time before heading to bed.

I think I played for about 4 more hours in total and scored 35,000 points to win it.

You can pretty much rely on being able to score 5,000 points per hour through a combination of quizzes and hourlies (more if you are a superior player to me). The hourlies I focused on were the one I'm good at, Piece of Cake (to score about 250 points every hour for less than 20 seconds play) and Obscurity which yields an easy 200 points every hour.

The quizzes I played were in the General Knowledge category, I played all the easy mixed quizzes in the various sizes (25, 20, 15, 10 questions) and then the average quizzes in the same subcategory.

I also checked the 'Buzz' every 20 minutes to check for new quizzes going online and picked up two early bird scores. This is when you get full marks in the first 20 minutes of a new quiz going online - it can only be found on 'the buzz' but it is worth the 150 points for 10/10 on the quiz plus the 500 point bonus for 'Early Bird'. Pretty good return of 650 points for playing one quiz.

Hope this is useful in some way!

I will never, ever be scoring that many points in one day again!

#966106 - Fri Feb 08 2013 09:14 AM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
salami_swami Offline

Quote:
it is worth the 150 points for 10/10 on the quiz plus the 500 point bonus for 'Early Bird'. Pretty good return of 650 points for playing one quiz.

Unless, of course, you've already won the Early Bird 10 times, in which case, you no longer get points for it. smile

#966116 - Fri Feb 08 2013 11:16 AM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: salami_swami]
nasty_liar Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England UK
Really? Wow, I did not know that... mind you, unless you're looking for the points there's really no reason do 'Early Bird' anymore so I guess that stops players from repeatedly pinching it.

It certainly isn't my first preference to play a quiz early because the info and correct answers do not show up!

#966118 - Fri Feb 08 2013 11:30 AM Re: first post and question about all time high score [Re: Walneto]
salami_swami Offline

It was implemented some time ago when a few players (I admit to being somewhat of one) would constantly win every new quiz that came online, not really giving other players a chance.
It was changed to only 10 wins to prevent players from dominating and preventing others from even being able to win it at all. smile

Moderator:  Terry