Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 69 of 93 < 1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#966038 - Thu Feb 07 2013 07:53 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mynah5459song Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Ontario Canada
Thanks everyone, especially ozzz2002. I didn't realize that I could do more than one quiz in a category to gain the 2413 score. I have done that and have received a COMPLETED!!!

#966040 - Thu Feb 07 2013 08:08 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
I love a happy ending. smile

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#966104 - Fri Feb 08 2013 09:03 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
I had the easy challenge of completing a crossword in the category History. Unfortunately, I have already played each and every crossword in this category before (but more than several months ago).

Could the challenge text specify that only crosswords not taken before count towards this challenge? I hoped that the 30 days rule available in several other daily challenges would rescue this challenge for me.

#966107 - Fri Feb 08 2013 09:40 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I had a Medium challenge where I had to get at least a certain score on the New Question Game, which I completed. Just recently, I bought a challenge, and it was the Easy challenge that said "Play today's New Question Game and grade the questions when complete."
I realize that if I had completed the Medium challenge then I would have also completed the Easy challenge, but I thought we weren't suppose to get these similar challenges.

#966148 - Fri Feb 08 2013 04:50 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
You can certainly get similar challenges, just not ones that are mutually contradictory. As has been said several times, especially near the start of this thread, if you plan on purchasing, and you have a challenge that says some game may be completed in any mode, you should play the harder one, because a later challenge could specify that mode. But if you get a challenge that specifies easy mode, you will not later get one that specifies hard mode for the same game. In a similar vein, if your challenge requires playing the New Question Game, don't forget to rate the questions at the end. You have the option, even if you are not instructed to do so; do it in case you regret it later.

#966171 - Fri Feb 08 2013 06:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

The thing I said was I have 2 challenges relating to New Question, one part of the original three, and my one bought challenge. I thought it was mentioned either here or in the testing thread that similar challenges wouldn't appear together.

#966179 - Fri Feb 08 2013 07:41 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Similar challenges do appear together, as several people have asked about before. What won't happen is mutually exclusive challenges. I have several times bought a challenge that was already completed because its requirements were met in completing an earlier challenge.

#966186 - Fri Feb 08 2013 08:45 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

I remember Terry saying there wouldn't be anything like "Rank in the top 5" and "Rank #1 in any hourly game" together or "Score 7/10 in two of four International Hourly Games" and "Score 7/10 in all four International Hourly Games". (I also just remembered it was in the testing thread.) In other words, two challenges dealing with the exact same game (in my case, a daily game).
If it was something like "Complete a Buzzy Bee Scavenger Hunt" and "Answer X questions correct playing player-centered quizzes" I can understand but not my example given what Terry said.

So does this mean it's possible to get two challenges: something like one that says score 30/30 in the Mind Melt game and another that says score 22/30 in the Mind Melt game?

Edited by Buddy1 (Fri Feb 08 2013 08:47 PM)

#966187 - Fri Feb 08 2013 08:55 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Yes. I have had something similar to that very example. One of them required being timed, the other said I could use either mode. They didn't get issued together, but the second arrived with a purchase.

#967297 - Wed Feb 13 2013 11:30 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
My Medium Challenge today: "Score at least 1498 points in today's The Daily Game - using the TIMED mode."

I played question set 30 and scored 1750 points.

However, the Daily Challenge page reads:
"Scored 1472. Try again tomorrow! Incomplete"

????

#967304 - Thu Feb 14 2013 12:32 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: gracious1
My Medium Challenge today: "Score at least 1498 points in today's The Daily Game - using the TIMED mode."

I played question set 30 and scored 1750 points.

However, the Daily Challenge page reads:
"Scored 1472. Try again tomorrow! Incomplete"
????

Terry, this indeed seems to be a scoring bug. [c:1180,u:547573] shows incomplete in spite of yesterday's set 30 clearly showing her in first with 1750. I didn't find a second record of her playing in any division (which was my first suspicion - the game for some reason letting her play twice)

Grace - did you possibly play the 1472 the day before yesterday (which would imply that the game accidentally found a record from the wrong day)? Did you play very late (after 11:50 PM) or early (before 12:10 AM) on either day?

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Thu Feb 14 2013 12:33 AM)

#967307 - Thu Feb 14 2013 01:34 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Yes, I did play the game and got that score the day before. I remember now. And I played it late; I don't know exactly what time but I was rushing to finish all my daily games before midnight.

Edited by gracious1 (Thu Feb 14 2013 01:34 AM)

#967321 - Thu Feb 14 2013 03:15 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Guess that's the reason then - your score accidentally got assigned to a post-midnight time so the database found it. Terry should take a look to see if this has any likelihood of repeating or whether this is a "can happen once in several years" problem.

#967523 - Fri Feb 15 2013 08:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
MargW Offline
Participant

I've completed one of my three challenges today, scored too few correct on my intermediate quiz, and have a Buzzy Bee quiz as my difficult challenge. Since the present Buzzy Bee quiz is in Foreign films, and despite playing several, I am well aware I don't have enough knowledge to win this, I wanted to buy a challenge. Not allowed since I don't have two complete. Could it not be changed to two challenges unplayed rather than incomplete? That way, if you play your challenges but lose, and have enough points to buy a challenge, you can do that and not waste a whole day.

#967525 - Fri Feb 15 2013 08:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Actually, buying extra challenges has two requirements, both of which are implied challenges on their own:

- You need the credits to buy them which means you need to have passed challenges in the past.
- You also need to have no more than one incomplete or failed, so you need to complete (usually) two challenges before you can buy more.

Both of these work together to make it more difficult and costly to buy multiple challenges on one day. This is intentional - we want people to be able to buy more when on a winning streak than when on a losing one. Think of it as an extra incentive to do well in your initial set - if you want to buy on a day, you first need to qualify, so that easy or medium suddenly becomes more interesting!

(Also, you may still have a chance to win the Bee. It's rare these days that one lasts more than 4-6 hours. With the challenges, the incentive is always there to grab it and someone will inevitably do so, making sure that a new category comes up.)

#967531 - Fri Feb 15 2013 09:36 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
MargW Offline
Participant

Thanks, Wes

I understand the logic of making it more increasing the difficulty (and cost) of buying more challenges as you proceed through a day, but it is frustrating not to be to even buy one. I try to not buy more than one a day, unless I'm trying to get an Epic.

#967536 - Fri Feb 15 2013 10:16 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Buying always only one per day is the best efficiency in terms of credits, but if that's your goal, you can also afford to occasionally miss one. You'll average just over 8 credits a day even if you always complete all challenges, so an occasional day of not being able to buy won't hurt your overall rate - it just prevents you from going broke smile

#967842 - Sun Feb 17 2013 11:37 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Anton Offline
Mainstay

Loc: California USA
Got the Epic Quizzer last night. Managed to complete two of the categories, animals and world. I look now it says I am short on points in those two.

#967851 - Sun Feb 17 2013 12:15 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Can it be you accidentally followed a link for two of the quizzes you played instead of staying in the category? You are showing scores in the 700s in two other categories and a 95 in Sci/Tech which might show that you did play something, thinking it was in Animals or World, but which actually belonged to an different place.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Sun Feb 17 2013 12:15 PM)

#967853 - Sun Feb 17 2013 12:23 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Anton Offline
Mainstay

No. I had two green check marks when I logged off. I kept thinking to myself that I had 2/12 done. This morning I had no green check marks.

#967856 - Sun Feb 17 2013 12:47 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Anton]
DomiNeyTor Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA
Another possibility for points (and checkmarks) going away is if some of the points were from the Quizbot mixes. I've seen that happen to me in the past. Those scores only count if the ENTIRE challenge is completed while the quiz is still there.

#967857 - Sun Feb 17 2013 12:49 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Anton Offline
Mainstay

That must be it. I did play some of those.

#968108 - Tue Feb 19 2013 05:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Creedy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Coffs Harbour NSW Australia  
Hi

In the Daily Challenge today - Level three - I'm playing against another person for the highest score out of 4 "Who's the Expert" game. (I bought an extra challenge for this)

It hasn't registered my score for the previous one I played. It was "Quotes" I think.

Thanks.

#968111 - Tue Feb 19 2013 05:50 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
If you played "Quotes" before you were given the challenge, or before your competitor was named, then that game won't be counted for the challenge. Only games played after the competitor has been named will count.

Could this be what happened?

#968114 - Tue Feb 19 2013 05:57 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Creedy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Coffs Harbour NSW Australia  
No I don't think so, but we'll see what happens after the next one I play smile

Page 69 of 93 < 1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry