Rules
Terms of Use

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#96675 - Tue Dec 19 2000 12:32 AM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: San Diego California USA 
CoF, it is vital that you get your hair trimmed every few months at least. If you really want your hair to grow, you have to keep the dead and split ends trimmed off. This will not be stressful to your hair in the least. You should share the story that you told me on ICQ about when you walked into the beauty supply store. I still laugh about that one.

#96676 - Tue Jan 30 2001 03:53 PM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

CoF, a few weeks ago I had six inches cut off my hair. Now my hair is a little bit above my elbows. I have found that I am losing less hair. I don's suggest that you take extreme measures like I did, but I do suggest getting your hair trimmed. I asked the stylist why I was losing so much hair and she seemed to think that it had something to do with the weather since I wasn't on any kind of medication.

#96677 - Tue Jan 30 2001 05:24 PM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
dumpling Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Shropshire, UK
A tip I was given by a friend for strengthening hair and nails is Kelp, tablet form. Available from healthfood stores, the other thing is Cod Liver Oil, it moisturises from the inside, its also very good for your joints.

dumpling

#96678 - Tue Jan 30 2001 05:31 PM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Thanks dumpling, I must give your suggestions a try. I have a hard time getting my hair to shine. I hope you tips will help to make my hair stronger, healthier, and shiny.

#96679 - Tue Jan 30 2001 06:01 PM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
dumpling Offline
Enthusiast

I seem to remember deep in the recesses of my mind that Mayonnaise is brill for moisturisng and helping shine...but then I suppose it would be with egg yolks and oil as it's main ingredients.

Dumpling

#96680 - Tue Jan 30 2001 06:07 PM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
dumpling Offline
Enthusiast

I have been looking and come up with this site they have some wonderful natural tips

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/conditioner1.html

Dumpling

#96681 - Wed Jan 31 2001 07:54 AM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Thank you dear dumpling. I'll check out the site later in the morning. I am not quite awake here (it's 5:00 AM) Big yawn!! I just wanted to thank you before I go back to bed to get some more shut eye. LOL

#96682 - Thu Mar 08 2001 02:37 PM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
Pling Offline
Mainstay

I was just flicking through a magazine and saw this tip, I thought I'd share it with you all...lol

For thicker, shiny hair, massage an egg into your hair for 5 minutes before rinsing and shampooing it out.

#96683 - Thu Mar 08 2001 02:56 PM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
Anonymous
No longer registered

I have been searching for a shampoo for oily hair, but it is like they have all been taken off the shelfs here, I have looked at Pantene and others and not one store carries shampoo for oily hair,I see alot of shampoo for normal, damaged,fine,and color treated hair. I have been using herbal essence shampoo, but want to change. Does anyone have any ideas or tips for my oily hair?
My hair is extremely oily when not washed on a daily basis.

#96684 - Thu Mar 08 2001 03:28 PM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Hello billsgyrl, I am not sure what shampoos to suggest for oily hair, but you could ask your hairdresser if they have any products there for sale. You could probably get a better deal at a beauty supply store and I'm sure they could help you with some suggestions. I know that Redken has a good shampoo for oily hair but I think you have to purchase it in a beauty supply story or from a salon. I will see what I can find for you.

#96685 - Mon Apr 09 2001 11:54 PM Re: Tips For Long Hair Needed
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

billsgyrl, I read an article this morning about oily hair and I thought of you. Looks like you can use baby shampoo for your hair, which is probably good news, as it easliy available and inexpensive too. This is what the article read:

"So many people suffer from oily hair. Oily hair is caused by a dry scalp believe it or not. Shampoos contain detergent, which dries out the scalp, which causes the scalp to work harder to produce more oil to compensate for the dry scalp. Combine that with the feeling of wanting to wash your hair more often and it becomes a vicious circle that won't be won unless you change the way you treat the oil. Use a shampoo that is gentler and has less detergent. A baby shampoo, A shampoo made with natural ingredients and less chemicals such as Aveda, Abba, (available in salons),or Neutrogena. The problem won't be solved overnight as it will probably take a few months for the scalp and the hair to balance out. Be patient and you'll gradually lose the oil slick you have come to know."

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong