Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#967769 - Sat Feb 16 2013 06:35 PM Interview with Satguru
Pagiedamon Offline

Loc: North Carolina USA
Pagiedamon
Please tell us a little about yourself. Married, in a relationship, or single? Kids? Pets?

Oy vay, as we say in Mexico, I was one of the first people I knew who wanted a serious relationship and marriage, and planned to start looking as soon as I finished my degree and was able to work to support a marriage. But the wish to meet someone and the availability of the right people are separate things, and effort aside whatever I tried has yet to find a single woman I would have married who wanted me long enough to reach the point where I'd ask them, unless they moved away or went back with their exes or any other reason possible to wreck something. I've had plenty of other offers but unless it's someone I've already decided is right myself an offer from anyone else is outside my range of interest as they either reach the mark or not. So after nearly 30 years of periods of extremely active efforts I remain single, although readers of my blog will all be familiar with who we've named Grace, who is the only woman I've considered marrying who wasn't obviously right as she asked me first and stayed around even after I didn't jump at it. I believe in the end if it's meant to happen with anyone it will, and while the others dropped off she is still around so getting to know her better all the time.

I've always had pussycats since I was eight, and after the first one died just short of his 18th birthday, as well as the various strays I persuaded my parents to keep until they were moved on, it wasn't a week before I felt the space and went to the cat's home for the next one. Once I left the family home I spent too much time staying with my father so after cat two died of leukaemia didn't get another one as I couldn't leave them on their own. I had my friend's cat here for two weeks when they went away, and he managed to escape outside and wouldn't come in, and we had to borrow a trap to catch him by putting his food in it. A few hours after putting it in the garage where he often went and sheltered I went out and saw a tabby cat as hoped, brought it in and found a female tabby not Jake, and ended up taking her overnight to my friend's to stop her getting in it again so he couldn't. The next morning Jake was caught and returned home and swapped for the female who was placed back in my garden. The next day I checked and called out of the back door, and there she was. I fed her again and each day I did the same and clearly she had nowhere to live as she was always in my garden, so put up posters and had no response, so put the food in the kitchen and she ate it there and never left. Lucy was with me for eight years, we weren't sure how old she was but probably older than the vet thought, as she died of liver cancer which he said was normally a symptom of old age. I'm still not here enough to get another one yet, as she only knew the house with me away a day or two a week and a mechanical feeder, but didn't think a new cat would appreciate me vanishing and leaving them alone but may still get one as they'd be homeless otherwise as I only take in strays as so few people want adult cats for some reason although a kitten is only like that for a year before becoming one. I also had budgies, hamsters, fish and various aquatic creatures from the exotic pet shop in Hendon when I was younger.

ren33
As many of us know, you have an unusual job. Can you tell us about it?

I didn't realise therapy was so unusual, but will do so! I was always fascinated with medicine, having worn out my parent's copy of Dr Spock's "Baby and Child Care" and spending my book tokens on medical books as a child. Then I visited a hospital for the first time and went off the reality of treating the sick, and moved to the mental aspect, as some books were on psychiatry and psychology, and met two psychiatrists on holiday when I was about 11 who were so impressed they gave me some private tuition. Then random friends would start telling me their problems out of the blue when I rang them about other things, and I automatically knew the answers to give them without really having to think about it, and they said I really sorted them out. I found it fascinating and decided I may as well do it for a living and after many other subjects managed to get on the first course of a few in 1986 and is what I do now. The really unusual side is my voluntary work I began in 2001 hypnotising people who think they've been abducted by aliens, and said at the time all I wanted in return (besides the vast amounts of information which is the main reason I do it) was to get in the media, which I have done four times so far doing it for various satellite TV programmes. I always wanted to be a comedian and entertainer but as I needed a union card to audition for any acting work there weren't enough hours in a week to fit in my long term studies I wanted for a profession to rely on as well, and get enough performing in private venues to get one, so have used my other job to get in the back door instead.

bionic4ever
Do you have any tips on how a casual observer or researcher might tell the difference between what you do and what someone like Sylvia Browne does?

That's probably an evidential test. I use simple legal/scientific tests to use blind questioning with no opportunities to check the answers by cheating. Now I can't remember the details of Sylvia Browne's readings except I think she's one of the big names but I don't do mediumship, communicating with spirits, but connect directly to the frequency I'm asked to and collect what comes in. Then you score yourself a rough percentage as to accuracy, and although you may get a few facts about a total stranger right by chance the more specific and frequently you do it really rules out finding it randomly. So if you are given accurate information specifically relating to your question in any form, including pictures (I drew a face which turned out to be someone's mother and just like the photo she showed me, after it was done having never met the daughter on a telephone reading) there are only so many times you can hit a bulls-eye on information you had no way of knowing otherwise before it shows you must be genuine.

Jazmee27
How did you become interested in the paranormal?

Any stories I've read or programmes I've watched on it as a child made me wonder if it was real and wish it was, and when Uri Geller bent forks on TV in 1971 onwards set me off properly, and I started trying it myself (never done it from memory) and bought books on all the other aspects. When I finished college I decided to study for pleasure, and that was the topic I chose, and that's a lifetime's mission as until we know it all we have to keep doing the research.

bionic4ever
Do you believe that everyone has psychic abilities within them that they simply have to tune in to and learn how to use - or is this something only a select few are born with?

Just as we all have five senses (potentially at least, even if some organs may not work properly to convey them to us) everyone has the full set of others, the sixth being 'knowing', ie without being told. Unlike the others this is a vestigial sense (one claimed to have reduced from a full one over thousands of years of disuse) and besides the few born with it open to some degree, it is like a muscle which grows bigger and stronger with use, but as not physical can and will expand till possibly as clear as the others. I work with other enthusiasts and when someone tunes in something akin to a good phone connection the information flows in as if you're watching it directly.

ren33
North London seems to be where you have always lived, and you are happy there. Why does it appeal?

I don't know where the line of it being home and familiar wherever I came from crosses the line of it being one of the nicest areas in Britain, but certainly between them the longer I've lived here the more attached I've become. I always wanted to come from a small town where you grew up with the same people and met them all the time, but can't do that in your 20s onwards as an outsider as I discovered when I moved to Oxford as I couldn't afford a flat here. That taught me the people and familiarity came before the area's other qualities, especially if you are single, and when offered a job in Harrow after being made redundant there after a year meaning I could afford somewhere here took the offer and never looked back to leaving as I'd tried it and proved it wasn't better 'over there' (wherever that was). I have memories of the places almost going back to day one (my actual memories are at the age of one as I've described holidays and events my parents dated exactly for me) and wherever I am nowadays after a short time I start thinking about North London and start missing it, and am in my greater home (like Greater London is to the centre) wandering around places like Finchley Road and Hampstead Garden Suburb.

lesley153
Describe your perfect house and perfect location.

I used to think it would be something large and modern, but having visited many places and areas discovered distant areas may be nice but aren't home (I lived in a few other places in the late 80s-early 90s), and returned to preferring the 1930s styles to actually live in (rather than appreciate the artform of the modern ones) I'd grown up in and still live in now. I'd like one double the size of mine as you've seen the stuff/space ratio here, and although I've added a room since a 5 bed/3 reception mansion would still be ideal. Otherwise my old family house which will always be home to me wherever else I am, or one of the 4-5 bed jobs opposite my old school on The Park estate in Golders Green on the edge of Hampstead Heath would do me just fine- I had quite a few friends living in them and couldn't do much better than those or the area they're in.

ren33
You appear to have done quite a bit of travelling. Where have you been and which place did you enjoy most and why?

I've been to ten countries (but many repeat visits especially France) and eleven US states over two trips, and four continents by just scratching the edges of Africa and Asia on the Mediterranean, but when I was eight we went to a music course in Devon which was located in one of the most scenic spots in Britain, and continued to go every year for 22 in a row and four Easters as well. I made half my friends and a few girlfriends there, and had more activity in a few weeks there than the rest of the year. I find the people make the holidays the most, as I've been to some really nice places more than once but was bored stiff when there wasn't anyone interesting there, including Dartington Hall at times, so it was a combination of both for me.

lesley153
If you could turn the clock back, would you do anything differently?

I think nearly everything I (and all of us) did was the best I could at the time, so could only be wise after the event, but chucking my first girlfriend as she was boring and I'd just switched from a boy's school to a mixed school and thought I could pick and choose was definitely the biggest ricket and would never have done so looking back. I rang her the next day to apologise but she wasn't having it.

Otherwise exam and career choices which went wrong initially were learning experiences which forced me to switch subjects by default to others I could do well in I wouldn't have chosen, and tried to weigh up other major decisions on whatever I could, including turning down the offer to play keyboards for Toyah Wilcox's band (of course before they did well) as I couldn't imagine fitting it in with my A levels, and would not have done that differently as you can always join a band if you're good enough but much harder to resit exams later in life.

Pagiedamon
How did you first find FunTrivia? What brings you back?

I had a list of questions for years and used to ring places and go to the library and look them up, and in February 2000 my neighbour opposite left a computer in my room so I could do his accounts at home rather than squeeze into his tiny office with him, so for the first time could use the internet here instead of the library. I put the disk in to connect for my startup, and when I opened the search window thought I should look up the answers to my long list of mysteries and put in 'trivia' so I could get the likeliest places to have them. Of course Terry had optimised this site (although there is really only one other similar one so little else to challenge it) so came on top, I registered (there was only the forum side then, Quizzyland arrived a month later) and posted my entire list in the 'I need an answer' section. Apart from two (the great minority) the others all got an answer by the next day (including a few by gtho4) and thanked everyone and checked back for answers to the others and moved on. As it shared the phone line back then I had to ration the internet, as it also cost the price of a normal phone call so didn't chat or reply to anything else, but we did have a 'useless facts' encyclopedia where I posted one of my own trivia items as well.

A year later (after spending far too much time on a supernatural forum, my other major interest) I had collected enough new questions and then of course Ask FT was there as well so as you also got up the 'guru list' for answering questions (although I would have anyway) I always scanned the latest ones in case I could answer them as well. As the telephone situation hadn't changed I stuck to the q&a areas but always checked in regularly after that (April 19th 2001 from my original Quizzyland profile I carelessly lost) until my ISP offered a flat rate internet package in 2003, and set up a second line and spent months going back and reading everything here going back to the start, and flooding the forums with obscure information, and getting to know some of the most interesting characters I have ever come across, which combined with the trivia activities have kept me part of it ever since as it's my internet family now.

bionic4ever
Which one of the many quizzes you've created is your absolute favorite?

It's between "A Wee Quiz on Urine" and "Mucus"; I have always been fascinated by bodily functions (ask Freud...), so favourite areas to write a quiz on for me, and the urine quiz had more plays in the first week than any others I had since they'd been written. I think the fact they are all areas everyone can relate to means they have the widest appeal and I think most people are fascinated by such things to some extent as well, even if they've grown out of it by five or six unlike me.

lesley153
What first prompted you to investigate the "settled science" of anthropogenic global warming?

I have always been fascinated by any major changes in life, so when the papers started talking about massive sea level rises and the like it caught my attention, as a little more interesting than crimes and love affairs, and after a few years started to find the newer articles either had reduced the expectations quite a bit or set the events further and further in the future. Having been legally trained I saw the standard holes start to appear in their case, and with the benefit of the internet (where most scientists publish their work for all to read) started checking up for myself. In fact it turned out instead of a solid case which the media had initially presented, and gradually back pedalled on its size and arrival, and was nearly all a supposition with plenty of contrary evidence, with the major part of it based purely at a distant point in the future based only on very poorly estimated computer algorithms, much the same as attempting to model a human mind which is equally complex. Once I saw the disconnect between what was now mainly being presented by politicians (who also used it to raise taxes on the poorest people as fuel and energy take more of the proportion of income from the poor than others, as like food they are also essentials paid for before there's anything remaining for other things) and what I'd read I had to set the record straight, and continue to do so unless someone more able to do so than me does it themselves. But as the media rarely publish the studies I read casting vast doubts over the entire thing there's no other way to get the information out there than doing it yourself.

ren33
What sparked off your fascination with road signs, transport and such things as bus tickets?

I have always collected something, from coins and model cars as a small child, to rocks and crystals, and when I was at primary school I saw a bunch of boys in a huddle and went to see what they were doing and found them all showing handfuls of Underground tickets. I already collected football and TV themed cards you bought in packs from the shops so train tickets was a natural follow up. Then from Underground tickets with only a few hundred stations only showing where you bought it to British Rail, with 2,500 or so stations and tickets potentially from each to each (2,500 squared) meant a virtually endless supply, except they stopped the small traditional tickets nationally in 1988 so my hobby stopped with it.

I was always fascinated with roads and cars as a small child, and often told my parents to slow down on a road so I could see a car's radiator grille (when they still had proper ones) to know what it was. I knew most models of cars and lorries and bought the "I Spy" book of number plates at around four and spent years on and off filling them in till I had every one in Britain, but as Ireland stopped them in the early 80s couldn't complete them all. The signs I photograph are uniquely British, as until 1964 we had our own system, which was replaced by the continental ones used in all of Europe with very little national variations. But London had so many we kept them until many wore out as far cheaper than swapping them on political orders, so 40 years later I'd forgotten they were going at all as they vanished so gradually I didn't notice. Then I saw one when I had the digital camera I knew was very old so took the picture, and once you start noticing them I took every other one I found. A few months later one I had taken was replaced and I realised the historic importance to get a photo while they were still here (each direction sign at least is unique) and made a mission to get as many as I could since, and now have the largest personal collection on the internet and still adding to it. Half or so I took from 2008 onwards are now gone so have set them in history to be seen for future generations, like the old train tickets which would otherwise have been shredded and recycled over and over again.

lesley153
If you had a £50,000 windfall, how would you treat yourself?

As it's far too small for a house and I have all the electrical kit I need already it would be a car and its following petrol and insurance. Since petrol became more expensive than food for the same period I had to switch my comfortable saloon for a small hatchback as it's the only way I can keep going where I want and pay for it. But they don't perform on motorways and as a result rarely use them and am restricted as a result, while the others could cruise for hours with no effort. I'd like a Jaguar XJ6 a couple of years old (£20,000 or so?) while the rest could cover the petrol for its lifetime.

lesley153
What are your goals for the next five years?

1) To have a book published or an article published and paid for (I've had one published unpaid nationally so got that done at last).
2) To finally get a decent girlfriend who doesn't have more problems than my work clients.
3) In a perfect world find a way to afford to live in Hampstead Garden Suburb again.
4) To get more TV work, ideally on a terrestrial channel people actually watch.

bionic4ever
Vegemite or Marmite? (*ducks and hides*)

Until a few years ago you couldn't get Vegemite here, and although I'd like to try it currently the only way to do so is to buy a whole pot (costing a few times more than Marmite as imported) so until someone offers samples I can't know. Marmite is nice but I far prefer peanut butter.

Great questions everyone, you guys know me far better than I realised!

Thanks to all who participated.

#967777 - Sat Feb 16 2013 08:01 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Bedford England UK           
Wow. Read it all, loved it!
I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. ~ Richard Greenberg

#967788 - Sat Feb 16 2013 08:45 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Thanks Lesley, I already said your (and all the others') questions gave me the chance to express as much as I possibly could, and showed you all did know me at least as well as I hoped as all my major interests and other thoughts have been covered. I've always liked writing about myself since primary school where it was often our weekend homework, and evidenced by my blog daily.

UN IPCC

#967789 - Sat Feb 16 2013 08:55 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
Great Interview.

What 1 living and what 1 dead person would you love to be able to have answer any questions you have, bounce ideas off of with or spend time investigating a topic?

Seeing your avatar I would like to know your thoughts on the Star Trek Universe, and your thoughts on the various movies and different series.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Sat Feb 16 2013 08:55 PM)

#967794 - Sat Feb 16 2013 10:56 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Quote:
Seeing your avatar I would like to know your thoughts on the Star Trek Universe, and your thoughts on the various movies and different series.

Good question. As I'm a big fan of Star Trek (especially TNG) I'd like your take on them as well.

And....peanut butter? I didn't think people other than Americans liked PB. Do you like it with Jelly as well?

Very interesting and informative interview. Loved it!

#967826 - Sun Feb 17 2013 06:07 AM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
sue943 Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Great interview.

#967827 - Sun Feb 17 2013 06:55 AM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: ClaraSue]
Lones78 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Forrestfield Western Australia
Originally Posted By: ClaraSue
Quote:

And....peanut butter? I didn't think people other than Americans liked PB. Do you like it with Jelly as well?

I love peanut butter!

Great interview. I admit your comments and posts here have piqued my interest, it's great to find out a bit more.

#967828 - Sun Feb 17 2013 09:24 AM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Thanks everyone, I originally thought nothing could replace the original series of Star Trek and didn't even bother to watch TNG when it started. I saw one after a while and found the stories were at least as good regardless of the different characters, and then watched everything until the final episode of Enterprise. In fact looking at them all now TNG was my favourite, it had the best storylines with a large input of Buddhism (Gene Roddenberry's personal interest, which I picked up long before I found out) and spiritual dimensions such as the Q and the many times they slipped into other times and dimensions. And when I found Patrick Stewart was performing at Guildford I slipped in and watched them rehearsing, which is why wdwfla here made the avatar for me as I really have been with him at work (albeit not on the bridge).

I'll think about the personalities next when the right ones come to me. I've had peanut butter all my life and tried it with most things, and it goes with them all, but nothing better than Nutella which I had with it most days for over ten years for breakfast or tea.

Edited by satguru (Sun Feb 17 2013 09:27 AM)

UN IPCC

#967849 - Sun Feb 17 2013 12:05 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

I think I've pinned down the two people to be interviewed by, the dead is one I've mentioned many times, Robert Monroe, who founded the Monroe Institute, which is the largest organisation teaching and researching out of body experiences. I've read his three books and he appears to have the ability to see into every dimension including he claims god himself. As he's witnessed many earthly activities accurately at a distance I have no reason to disbelieve his claims as to the other places, especially on the quality of the information he brought back. It's not that difficult to learn most of what you need to here yourself especially with the internet to help, but if you can't cross dimensions you need one of the few people who apparently can as if they exist the vast majority of knowledge available is elsehwere.

The living person probably relates more to my current research, and as well as meeting a few of the names I'd have thought about including Harry Hill, the doctor who became one of our best comedians, many more are now available on Facebook and have found a few quite disappointing when working outside their known fields which impressed me initially. But having seen various interviews and presentations online the unofficial lord Christopher Monckton (he was stripped of his title before he inherited it when the rules were changed but insists on using it) would be the most likely candidate. He is spending a fortune of what is most likely his own money travelling the world educating people on the true figures on global warming while the press and politicians barely mention them. I tend to be able to spot a criminal and a genius very quickly, and he is both a genius and one of the most decent people I have come across. He beat serious illness to recover and get back into politics (he is also working to get Britain out of the EU, something I agree passionately with, as we won the last war exactly to stop the sort of measures they are now gradually imposing on us) and have a gruelling schedule of lectures as well as actively opposing any meetings on global warming he can get into, the latest being the UN regular one which extended the Kyoto Protocol, while he asked 'why are we here when temperatures stopped rising 16 years ago?'. I expect quite a few delegates didn't even realise that as they were just going on what they were instructed to vote for without needing to actually know or understand the details which he clearly does. He also spent time interviewing Greenpeace activists who didn't know a thing about the climate although standing outside a meeting hall campaigning about it, and if they were the best they have imagine the general level across the board. He is the antidote to everything which is wrong in the world today, and if there were hundreds like him instead of the other clones we wouldn't be in the mess we are.

UN IPCC

#967865 - Sun Feb 17 2013 01:37 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
Always fascinating to not only hear your answers but some of your reasoning that goes with it.

Though it's not as evident on the boards today as it once was, your passion for good debate, and your sheperding, as well as that of your esteemed fellow moderator back then, of topics, along with input from fellow debaters, gave me a more universal view of the world. I thank all involved for that, but especially you, and those who fought behind the scenes, to keep the lively debate going as long as possible.

#967868 - Sun Feb 17 2013 01:57 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
chorister Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: London England UK            
To know you is to love you, and I should know - no-one has known you longer or loved you better. Now let's all wish for someone lovely and your own age to love you too. Intelligent,eccentric, tolerant, humorous females - where are you all?

#967880 - Sun Feb 17 2013 03:00 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Thanks Bx, those were the days! I hope a lot of people learnt a lot there as you did, and whatever the occasional issues that cropped up it was always busy and easily the best level of debate and debaters anywhere online. We never knew what we'd find as moderators when we arrived, but was never really any trouble when we came across any sorts of general chaos and sorted it out quickly. I really enjoyed my time as a moderator, and as well as the general satisfaction in doing our best to keep things running smoothly I think my biggest personal sense of achievement was getting the various people saying they would leave to reconsider and stay on. I remember virtually all the regulars since I arrived and am always delighted the rare times one from years back turns up on the homepage after coming back to see what's happening again.

And thanks for the vote of confidence which could probably only come from a mother!

UN IPCC

#967911 - Sun Feb 17 2013 05:09 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
Fascinating interview. Good to get to know you and your many and varied interests a bit better.

#967971 - Mon Feb 18 2013 09:28 AM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Quote:

Us Americans aren't the only weirdos out there. wink Peanut butter is amazing, but jelly isn't. Jelly is just gross.

And there are also those of us in America who like Vegemite. :P I would also like to try Marmite, but I have had Vegemite a time or two, as I have a friend who brought some from Australia.

It's pretty good. Thin layer on toast, not like an entire sandwich, but it's good. :P

As always, I enjoyed the interview. Satguru is such an interesting person. laugh

Edited by salami_swami (Mon Feb 18 2013 09:28 AM)

#968011 - Mon Feb 18 2013 02:03 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
MadMartha Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Georgia USA
Very interesting person Satguru! I enjoyed reading your interview.

#968034 - Mon Feb 18 2013 03:35 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Thanks everyone, I stayed here as there are so many interesting people in one place!

UN IPCC

#968548 - Thu Feb 21 2013 03:19 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
bionic4ever Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Chocolate City Wisconsin USA
Great interview, Sat! Now I'm wondering if Nutella is available in the UK...

#968552 - Thu Feb 21 2013 03:27 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
No. Nutella is the worst spread ever invented. No one should ever have to suffer through eating Nutella. It's terrible.

But that's just one humble opinion of the nasty slime that is Nutella. wink

#968578 - Thu Feb 21 2013 06:11 PM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Don't get me started about the British market- I first discovered its limits when I had to do special customer orders in the sports shop and found the great majority of equipment from shoes to tennis rackets isn't available in Britain as they don't ship less than a specific amount and they don't see the market as big enough to sell all but the basics. So most interesting shoes and rackets weren't available here, the catalogue was for the world and most of the time you only found what we were allowed when you called the companies. It's the same in all areas, a shop near me sells American food (around three times the price of our own at least), and even the sweets have ten times as many flavours (plenty of quiz material here but no one British would know as very few would ever get to see them). They look very interesting but I'm not paying £5 for a bag of sweets even if I was a millionaire. But I didn't import the Nutella either of course, that's only from just across the Channel so not far to send it here!

UN IPCC

#968664 - Fri Feb 22 2013 08:24 AM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
SOTHC Offline

Loc: Aylesford Kent England UK    
How difficult would it be for you to choose the location for a street party to celebrate the experts turning their attention to Global Cooling? I think it would be hard judging by the huge amount of photos you have taken of street scenes

#968685 - Fri Feb 22 2013 11:44 AM Re: Interview with Satguru [Re: Pagiedamon]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

When the day comes the 'consensus' becomes cooling I'll try and hold one in the street outside my house. It will also coincide with our bills and taxes returning to normal as well. The head of the IPCC did acknowledge it yesterday but qualified it with 'We would need another 40-50 years to establish a solid trend'. Yes, and the cheque's in the post...

UN IPCC

Moderator:  Pagiedamon, romeomikegolf, sue943