Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#968106 - Tue Feb 19 2013 04:15 AM Percentage correct - missing
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I played the Heroes game this morning, and I noticed something funny on the Quiz Results page. For several questions the percentage correct was missing. I mean the line that says something like, "78% of FunTrivia players have answered this question correctly in the past." Does that have something to do with the age of the question?

#968128 - Tue Feb 19 2013 08:56 AM Re: Percentage correct - missing [Re: gracious1]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
I think it's because percentages are only shown for single questions. The questions without percentages come from quizzes. Not completely sure, but I think so.

#968130 - Tue Feb 19 2013 09:51 AM Re: Percentage correct - missing [Re: gracious1]
TimBentley Offline
Explorer

Loc: Indiana USA
All of the Heroes questions come from quizzes (because single questions aren't sorted into subcategories).

#968131 - Tue Feb 19 2013 10:01 AM Re: Percentage correct - missing [Re: gracious1]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
I think we'll find that the statistics weren't kept for older questions from quizzes and starting to track % some time after their release would not have been a true value of the % correct and so it is not shown (but I suspect there is a value stored for quiz assembly purposes, we just won't see it). I will qualify that as opinion and not based on anything but reading previous postings in other threads about it under other thread titles.

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#968132 - Tue Feb 19 2013 10:04 AM Re: Percentage correct - missing [Re: gracious1]
rossian Online   content

Loc: Merseyside UK 
No. It is an oddity. I had the same thing in my game, so took the original quizzes out of curiosity. The percentages were shown for each question, but the information was lacking and I also didn't get the correct answers for the questions I got wrong. I can't offer any explanation, but the suggestions so far aren't it.

#968141 - Tue Feb 19 2013 11:17 AM Re: Percentage correct - missing [Re: gracious1]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
That is a quirk that results from the question database used in that game being a snapshot of how things were many months ago.

#968599 - Thu Feb 21 2013 10:56 PM Re: Percentage correct - missing [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Ah, I see. Can that be easily fixed? It's nice to see how you do compared to other people.

Moderator:  Terry