Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#963687 - Sun Jan 27 2013 10:24 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
They really were great scenes and they really did the best they could with this show.

The plot, the story twists, the dialouge, the characters, the actors & actresses all phenomanal.

I am going to miss the show a lot, but I am really glad they showed it and in a way the time slot they gave it told us from the begining that it wasn't going to last but the show and ABC surpassed every expectation I had for the show after I learned of the time slot and I must give kudos to ABC for the show and not getting out hopes up too high. It was great and could have only gotten better this year.

#964187 - Tue Jan 29 2013 11:00 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
Finally got to watch the first episode of "The Following" - Fantastic show. Here's hoping the writers keep the momentum going and that it doesn't turn into CSI.

#964340 - Wed Jan 30 2013 01:18 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Is that the Kevin Bacon one? It's being advertised here now.
Same with the Last Resort one 9both on PayTV I think)... will have to give them a go when they start.

#964350 - Wed Jan 30 2013 02:23 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
Yep - The Following is the one with Kevin Bacon.

Edited by Sypher (Wed Jan 30 2013 02:24 AM)

#966144 - Fri Feb 08 2013 03:47 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
I like Vegas, but they really monkey wrenched everything last week and got rid of Rizzo.

I liked Rizzo as a character, not as a person, just not so much of him each episode as was starting to happen.

Rizzo allowed Savino to be the nice guy wise guy, only ruthless when he had to be, not just for fun. I think Savino's character is going to lose some depth without Rizzo there to bring more out in him.

I'm not sure how brining Jones back is going to play out either, he's an interesting character, but his story line had run it's course, I'll keep watching and see how this plays out.

#966359 - Sat Feb 09 2013 06:22 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: BxBarracuda]
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
I'm kinda bored with "The Taste" already smirk

Editor for Television Category

#966406 - Sun Feb 10 2013 03:42 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: ladymacb29]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
Originally Posted By: ladymacb29
I'm kinda bored with "The Taste" already smirk

That was quick! lol. I don't get into shows like that, so avoided it.

I did watch the first two episodes of "Do No Harm". I haven't decided if I like it or not. I like the actors in it...but the show...um...still don't know.

#967107 - Tue Feb 12 2013 04:53 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

I guess I'll never know..."Do No Harm" was cancelled after only 2 aired episodes. lol. Oh well.

#967267 - Wed Feb 13 2013 07:05 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
Just got finished watching the first episode of "Do No Harm" and while the premise is interesting I think the way they approached the Jeckyll & Hyde storyline wasn't going to work over time.

A different job other than surgeon would have been easier.

I don't think they thought this series out well.

The move he makes with the video tape deal with his alter ego reminds me of a spy character Christian Slater played a few years back in a short lived series, where the spy agency he worked for split his personality into a family man and an agent, and they brought him in and out of it, but sometimes the personalities would come out on thier own. He would make video tapes to talk to himself in that show.

#967276 - Wed Feb 13 2013 09:20 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
illiniman14 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Champaign Illinois USA        
I kept my eye on 3 shows starting in January:
1. Monday Mornings - never really watched medical dramas, but it seemed different, focusing on the professional mistakes made by even the best surgeons. The pilot had a couple holes, but the second was very, very good. I don't know how long it can go until it gets stale (how many meetings until everybody just gets fired?), but it's good for now.

2. The Americans - pilot was exceptional, and I have a feeling this will end up being my favorite show of the season. I love the way it's perfectly set in the 80s (clothes/cars/etc.) and it's nice to know that in the end the US wins no matter what they do.

3. The Following - I don't know... it was well made, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, but it just didn't click for me. Maybe it's just because I recently watched 'The Raven' and the whole Edgar Allen Poe killer thing seems stale. I'll keep watching for sure, though.

Also, I've yet to watch Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, but I have no doubt I'll love it. I can't explain how excited I would be if SyFy had another quality BSG show.

#967279 - Wed Feb 13 2013 09:45 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Good mention on "The Americans". I really like it so far after the first two episodes. Enough tension to maintain pace, while enough drama for everything to calm down a bit. Like you said, illiniman, they got everything set right with the 80s...including the music! haha. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Bx, wasn't that show called "My Own Worst Enemy"? I don't think i watched an episode, but I remember a lot of people weren't too happy when it was cancelled. I think it's Slater more than anything...seems any show involving him gets axed. I don't think he's that bad though.

#967353 - Thu Feb 14 2013 11:59 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
Lol Pyonir you're right Slater has no luck with T.V. shows, there was that one, then the one where he had a civilian team that tried to identify unknown victims of murder, that a cable channell I think now has an identical show but true story style. I think you're right that it was called "My Own Worst Enemy". I think he was on another show I never watched more recently too.

I am halfway through the Americans first episode and like it, I'm only halfway though because it's good enough that I can't be doing other things and folow the show like I can with many others.

The Following has me curious enough to keep watching, the set up is very good, any time you can weave Poe in is a good start, but while good it hasn't reached that great point with me so far. It bugged me some that one of the recurrent characters is named Michael Weston, just like the main character in one of my favorite shows "Burn Notice", be original.

#968855 - Sat Feb 23 2013 03:50 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Bx, what did you think of the Americans? did you get through an episode or two? I'm liking it more and more.

I find myself looking forward to The Following each week. That doesn't happen often with me...very few shows have me looking forward to watching the next episode. I also really like Touch which has started back up on Friday's. I like that both of these shows are having a progressive storyline...each episode doesn't just tie up in a neat little bow each time. I get tired of the CSIs and NCISs (of which I only watch NCIS:LA and none of the others, lol).

Anyone going to give the new show "Golden Boy" a shot? I'm a big fan of Chi McBride, so I'm going to watch, to see how it is. They are promoting the heck out of it, that's for sure.

#968870 - Sat Feb 23 2013 05:07 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
I have seen the first two episodes of 'Americans", I like the characters and actors. I'm enjoying the show, wishing each show was longer.

I am going to be watching "Golden Boy", the set up of the young hot shot who might be better in the press than on the streets paired up with the grizzly veteran always intrigues me. At least I think that is the set up from the many promos I've seen.

I've seen the first two "Monday Mornings", I do like the title change from "The Omanji" how it was originally promoted, making it more about the group than one character. Illiniman, I find the errors they are making not on the side of malpractice, but more not being perfect and the group of them striving for perfection, as well as the fact everyone is held accountable, which you don't always see.

As far as "The Following" goes I didn't see this week's episode yet, but the one before it was lacking to me, I'm not liking the relationship dynamic going on in the house where they are keeping hte child. I wish they would have kept the Tennesse serial killer wife alive longer, they burnt her character out quick with one big move.

Just starting to watch the new "Monday Mornings", perhaps some of these doctors are going way beyond the not just being perfect, to the "I know better than anyone else, forget the rules" part. He saved the guy who lost 7 years of his life's life, but it's going to far with ignoring the rules, I can except getting the signature, but once he called for a lawyer and he shut down the other doctor who had questions about going forward at that moment seemed a bit too much, even if it got his memory back, but the episode isn't over yet.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Sat Feb 23 2013 06:49 PM)

#968902 - Sat Feb 23 2013 09:54 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: BxBarracuda]
illiniman14 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Champaign Illinois USA        
I'll agree that most of them so far have been simple breaches of etiquette, although Bamber's character (I just want to call him Apollo after so many years of BSG) could have been potentially sued twice now, but had a really nice lady and a man who couldn't remember anyway. Just in case anybody hasn't seen the third episode -
Click to reveal..
The two lawsuits settled didn't really happen on camera, either. The chef's surgery simply didn't happen and the donor patient we didn't see die - just the aftermath with the doctor and the donor's mother.

Like I said, I don't usually watch medical dramas, and I'm certainly still interested in it, I just don't know how long it can go with this format.

#968923 - Sun Feb 24 2013 07:51 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
Agreed, it was nice to see the strong reminder of having at least some bedside manner, no matter what else is at stake or how focused on the procedures the surgeons have to be.

#968934 - Sun Feb 24 2013 11:18 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
rayven80 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ft. Collins Colorado USA    
I really like "Elementary". "The Following" isn't bad but it's not on my list of "must see the moment it's on".
I miss "Leverage", although I guess it's better that they ended it before it got tired.
According to rumor, "Longmire" is supposed to be upcoming this summer for season two.

#969777 - Fri Mar 01 2013 03:40 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

The last episode of "The Following" really disappointed me. They took far too many liberties to make it all work out the way it did. I like a bit of realism (although I know it's "just a tv show" and am fine with some liberties) in shows like that, and there were so many leaps in the last episode, it has almost ruined it for me.

Convenient coincidences are usually fine...but outright ridiculousness and improbabilities are not okay.

#969980 - Sat Mar 02 2013 06:31 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
I know what you mean, I just got caught up with the show.

There is too much mystery regarding these "Followers", I need to know the bad guys are truly worthy of matching wits with the good guys.

The first episodes were all about and only about the group, now all of a sudden they are a just a small sleeper cell.

It makes for a better show to have more followers, but please, at least mention that there are others at some point before this last episode, that there is a Roderick pulling stings out there. And surprise the lead FBI investigator was brought up in a cult, how did that not come up at some point.

I find Jacob to be a poorly written character, as well as Emma, to the point that no acting could overcome. Paul is bearable, but the most unlikeable. The computer bad guy made no sense, especially for him to be left alone.

Emma, Paul, Jacob and the computer guy have proved fairly useless in the last couple of episodes and nowhere near ready to match wits with the FBI, who don't seem to work as a team well, or plan strategies themselves.

#970000 - Sat Mar 02 2013 09:34 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: BxBarracuda]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

My biggest problem in the latest episode was
Click to reveal..
the SWAT team. First of all the two guys that got shot in the woods, were in full ballistic Kevlar (including helmets) and were shot by two guys with handguns from, what, minimum 10 feet away? And they were instantly dead? Then, in the house, they stopped for a minute before shooting the other two SWAT members. if you absolutely anything about SWAT teams you know they train and work together so often they are almost like brothers/sisters. They would have instantly recognized two people they didn't know. And again, wearing Kevlar and they were dead instantly.

Not to mention you have an entire SWAT team...and it's only 4 people? There should be a minimum of 6 at the very least. Their perimeters are set up so much better than that too. it was laughable.

It was all a little hard to digest. Like I said, I'm willing to overlook little holes here and there, but this is many, many, big holes. All to make it convenient for the story.

#970058 - Sun Mar 03 2013 08:27 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
Definitely, good ideas, poorly executed by the writing.

#970985 - Fri Mar 08 2013 03:59 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
live4trivia Offline
Prolific

Loc: Canada
*dies* Nobody has mentioned Zero Hour? AHHHH! I absolutely LOVED how steampunk it looked with the clocks and gears. I never tire of the Hitlet concept (as I have read other people were). I thought it was amazing, intellectual, suspenseful and fast paced. I am SO sad it was cancelled. I did read online that ABC will most likely air the rest of the episodes during the summer.... but still. So sad. frown

The Following is amazing. I love Kevin Bacon & Shawn Ashmore. I LOVED him in Frozen.

I am a Steven Pasquale fan - I thought he was hil.ar.ious in Rescue Me. Do Harm was so boring. I always thought the Jeckyll & Hyde portrayal was more suited for Dexter than a network show. *le sigh*

I am looking foward to Hannibal & Under The Dome (in the summer). I enjoyed the Stephen King book, and even though they have altered it a bit, I will remain unbiased until the show airs. smile

#971120 - Fri Mar 08 2013 06:09 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

I had planned on giving Zero Hour a shot, but was already watching Big Bang Theory and recording Community, so I didn't have space for it.

Have to agree with you live4trivia, that Steven Pasquale is a fun actor. That's probably the reason more than anything that I watched Do No Harm, but I wasn't surprised it was cancelled so fast.

Anyone watching "Golden Boy"? lol, I really like it. Chi McBride rocks in it and the other actors are pretty good. It reminds me a bit of Detroit 187 which didn't last long, so I'm hoping this one sticks around a bit more. They are already damaging it though. It's regular spot is Tuesdays at 9pm Central, and they are airing a new episode tonight (Friday). If you are going to keep it on Tuesday, why show a new episode on Friday? It's like they want it to fail...

#971134 - Fri Mar 08 2013 07:50 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
I wasn't sure what to do with Zero Hour, I have the 3 episodes on DVR still.

Golden Boy has some intrigue to it, I've just seen the first episode, good characters and Chi McBride looks like my favorite in this show so far. The main character reminds me a bit of the fast up the ladder character from LA Confidential. I am very interested to see what methods he uses to climb up so fast to the top. Also if he will turn out to be more good guy or more bad guy.

It's a CBS show, so good time slots are scarce lol.

They were airing it at 10 in place of Vegas, which I am liking so far and another hit of theirs NCIS:LA has the 9 PM Tuesday slot.

Body of Proof shook some things up and threw me off by starting with a 2 parter that seemed more suited for a finale to a season, but I'm not sure what to make of this last episode, but it has me interested, and the political angle should be interesting to watch.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Fri Mar 08 2013 07:54 PM)

#971178 - Sat Mar 09 2013 12:31 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: BxBarracuda]
live4trivia Offline
Prolific

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: pyonir
I had planned on giving Zero Hour a shot, but was already watching Big Bang Theory and recording Community, so I didn't have space for it.

Have to agree with you live4trivia, that Steven Pasquale is a fun actor. That's probably the reason more than anything that I watched Do No Harm, but I wasn't surprised it was cancelled so fast.

Anyone watching "Golden Boy"? lol, I really like it. Chi McBride rocks in it and the other actors are pretty good. It reminds me a bit of Detroit 187 which didn't last long, so I'm hoping this one sticks around a bit more. They are already damaging it though. It's regular spot is Tuesdays at 9pm Central, and they are airing a new episode tonight (Friday). If you are going to keep it on Tuesday, why show a new episode on Friday? It's like they want it to fail...

Aww, that's a shame! Zero Hour was a really good show. I thought it had promise. Maybe some shows are more for a niche audience than others.

I thought the same thing when it came to Steven. Maybe he does better as a supporting actor than a lead actor.

I have not tried Golden Boy, but I'm hoping it doesn't have the same fate as Detroit 187! I live right across the border from Detroit, and was so excited to see this show develop. Sadly like you said it was cancelled within one season. Not to mentioned ABC pre-empted the show many a times - even for a special about Charlie Sheen and his stupidity! Grr.

Originally Posted By: BxBarracuda
I wasn't sure what to do with Zero Hour, I have the 3 episodes on DVR still.

Golden Boy has some intrigue to it, I've just seen the first episode, good characters and Chi McBride looks like my favorite in this show so far. The main character reminds me a bit of the fast up the ladder character from LA Confidential. I am very interested to see what methods he uses to climb up so fast to the top. Also if he will turn out to be more good guy or more bad guy.

It's a CBS show, so good time slots are scarce lol.

They were airing it at 10 in place of Vegas, which I am liking so far and another hit of theirs NCIS:LA has the 9 PM Tuesday slot.

Body of Proof shook some things up and threw me off by starting with a 2 parter that seemed more suited for a finale to a season, but I'm not sure what to make of this last episode, but it has me interested, and the political angle should be interesting to watch.

I read CBS has moved Vegas to Fridays, to make more room for Golden Boy. I'm not sure if that's the kiss of death for Vegas. Time will tell I suppose!

I have not watched Body Of Proof though. I always thought the best female coroner was portrayed by Jill Hennessy in Crossing Jordan. :P

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong