Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#971390 - Sat Mar 09 2013 08:11 PM Daylight Saving
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
GMT never changes. But the UK switches to British Summer Time (BST) every year. We put the clocks forward a bit later than the US (or most of it) because we are actually quite far north.

#971393 - Sat Mar 09 2013 08:20 PM Re: Daylight Saving [Re: flopsymopsy]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
Originally Posted By: flopsymopsy
We put the clocks forward a bit later than the US (or most of it) because we are actually quite far north.

Actually, that has no bearing, as agony is probably as far north as you are, flopsy, and she will change tonight, as will I.

Y'all in the UK used to switch one week before me, but when we changed our times to change, we moved ahead of you.

#971407 - Sat Mar 09 2013 09:24 PM Re: Daylight Saving [Re: Lottie1001]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
And agony would prefer the change to be later, as it used to be. We changed our switch time to coincide with that of the States, but it is really a little too early where I live. We were just starting to get used to having a little light in the sky when we get up, and are now plunged back into darkness. It's not a welcome change this early, this far north.

#971411 - Sat Mar 09 2013 10:01 PM Re: Daylight Saving [Re: Lottie1001]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
Oddly enough, agony, where I am, it is still before sunrise at 7:30am after the time change.

First week of April or last week of March makes a little more sense, but very little.

How late is it light in late June where you are, agony? Do you still see daylight at 11pm?

#971431 - Sun Mar 10 2013 12:57 AM Re: Daylight Saving [Re: Lottie1001]
salami_swami Online   sick
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I will be happy driving home from work now. I drive west on the way home, and can't see a thing. Also, east going to work, blinded that way. Sigh.

More exciting, my clock will now be the same as FunTrivia's clock. laugh. I have to remember global times changing... Can't miss another set...

#971528 - Sun Mar 10 2013 11:38 AM Re: Daylight Saving [Re: Lottie1001]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Maybe not daylight as such, but certainly dusk. In high summer, there's only about an hour and bit where there is no light at all in either the western sky or the eastern - though in both cases it's closer to the "northern" than either west or east at that time.

#971565 - Sun Mar 10 2013 02:41 PM Re: Daylight Saving [Re: Lottie1001]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I'm going back to work in the dark again. At least it will be a lot lighter on the trip home!

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

Moderator:  Terry