Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#972491 - Thu Mar 14 2013 06:41 PM 2013 TV Season
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
Since we're now in 2013...

I have Hell's Kitchen sitting on my DVR waiting to be watched along with the Bachelor finale. I'm currently watching a bunch of shows like Restaurant Stakeout, Hotel Impossible, Car Lot Rescue, etc. Turns out my boss's boss loves reality TV as much as I do (he got me into Bar Rescue, actually) and even had a 'meeting' about the Bachelor finale Wednesday!

I'm excited that Psych and Army Wives are back - waiting for the weekend to watch those.

Anything you guys are watching?

Editor for Television Category

#972611 - Fri Mar 15 2013 12:55 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
The Following! So good!

I have Hell's Kitchen DVR'ed as well but my TV's interactive guide told me it was only one hour, not two, and by the time I realized, it was 20 minutes into the second hour, so I'm missing a chunk of it.

I watched the first episode of Golden Boy but don't think I'll continue with that one.

I love Top Chef but by the time I saw a commercial for the Seattle season, it was more than halfway through, so I didn't start watching. Top Chef Canada starts next week (I think) and will watch that.

And the new season of Survivor smile

#972612 - Fri Mar 15 2013 12:57 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
guitargoddess Offline

Oh I forgot I also started watching a new sitcom Seed (not sure how long that one will last...) and a new Canadian show, Motive.

I watch a lot of TV...

#972635 - Fri Mar 15 2013 05:00 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: guitargoddess]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
Originally Posted By: guitargoddess
I watch a lot of TV...

I guess I am the reverse. Since doing my weight loss, I doubt I watch more than 2 hours a week anymore. I barely even know what shows are on during prime time.

#972642 - Fri Mar 15 2013 06:06 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: dg_dave]
ladymacb29 Offline

I never know when shows are on - my DVR does!

I watched Top Chef Seattle. It was so-so and the highlight was seeing people from previous seasons adding to the cast. But nothing that made it 'must see' TV, in my opinion.

#972647 - Fri Mar 15 2013 06:40 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I watch a lot of TV.... But it's only a few reality shows and the rest I watch on Netflix, so I'm really out of date on tv shows. wink

#972744 - Sat Mar 16 2013 01:12 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
george48 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ottawa
  Ontario Canada   
I watch Law and Order SVU, the only original out of the original series still going strong in it's 14th season, despite the departure of Christopher Meloni as Detective Stabler. I've found it to have the best written stories that came out of the mind of the Dick Wolfe, the show's creator.
I am also a huge fan of 'Supernatural, now in it's 6th season. Two new shows that have caught my attention are 'Grimm', now in it's second season, and seems to be getting better, and the aforementioned 'Motive', a show with a bit of a twist, in which the killer and the victim are named in the first sequence of events, and we are left to figure out why, along with the lead detective. So far, so good.
One other show that i like too, is called 'Murdoch Mysteries', a canadian period piece, set in Toronto around 1900 well written and surprisingly engaging.

#972808 - Sun Mar 17 2013 07:19 AM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
guitargoddess Offline

I've started tuning in to Murdoch Mysteries a bit too. My dad loves it, and I got him the first book in the series that spawned that show for Christmas, then read it after him so started watching the show a bit too. It does get engaging, but it's a bit comical seeing Murdoch race around town on his bicycle!

#973069 - Tue Mar 19 2013 10:55 AM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
So here's my list of shows that I currently watch -

The Following
Grimm
Once Upon a Time
Spartacus
Go On
The Walking Dead
Transporter
Nikita
Arrow
Bones
How I met your Mother
Hawaii Five-O
Smash
Comic Book Men
Touch
Elementary
Person of Interest

Of course, I only get to watch most of these at the weekend when I'm not DJing or taking photos. During the week....nearly impossible.

#973199 - Wed Mar 20 2013 02:32 AM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
live4trivia Offline
Prolific

Loc: Canada
I absolutely love The Following. Every week there's a new twist, a new character, a new mystery... and the hour goes by so quickly. I hope it stays around for at least a second season. *crosses fingers*

I was hooked on Zero Hour until ABC yanked it after the 3rd episode. I did read online ABC will most likely air the rest of the show during the summer... if not I will be crushed. I thought it was very steampunk, very modern but also deals with the past and gives you a nice history lesson. I love how they incorperated Einstein into the storyline.

I watch Grimm & Once Upon A Time as well. I am a huge fan of both.

I look forward to Hannibal on April 4th, as well as Under The Dome on June 24th. I read the book, and even though the characters have changed a bit, I am still going to give it a try. It might be a nice surpise. smile

I have some cable shows on DVD (Dexter, The Walking Dead, Haven, Alphas, Hell On Wheels) and will buy the next current season when available. I don't have cable and I am usually on the treadmill when these shows are on. It gives me something to look forward to. smile

#1012367 - Wed Sep 25 2013 05:50 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
"Sleepy Hollow" looks good so far and did anyone else notice the similarities between the Horseman and the original T-101 during the gunfight at the end of the first episode?

#1014330 - Sun Oct 06 2013 12:45 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
Sypher Offline

England UK    
New shows to my list....."Sleepy Hollow" - Really good !! and the 'Michael J Fox Show' plus 'Marvel Agent of Shield'

#1016893 - Tue Oct 22 2013 04:39 AM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
Sleepy Hollow, Marvel Agents of Shield and Blacklist are the new shows I am following for this season.

#1020319 - Mon Nov 11 2013 10:45 AM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
wwe84 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Southn Highlands NSW Australia
I really loving The Crazy Ones with Robin Williams so funny to watch

Love The Blacklist

Law & Order:SVU this show gets better & better each year

Edited by wwe84 (Mon Nov 11 2013 10:45 AM)

#1020492 - Tue Nov 12 2013 07:17 AM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
Sypher Offline

England UK    
Add Tomorrow people to my list.....

#1020592 - Tue Nov 12 2013 07:27 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: Sypher]
ladymacb29 Offline

I'm really enjoying Reign on CW. I love Mary Queen of Scots and this one is done with a good balance between being true to the story and keeping it interesting for the CW audience.

I couldn't get into Dracula. I tried, I really did... The show was just all over the place and I couldn't figure out who was whom... Gave up halfway through the second episode.

Didn't realize Alison Janey was in a show this year, so I started watching Mom about 3 or 4 episodes in. My parents didn't like it because of the whole pregnant daughter/recovering alcoholic mom and grandma thing... But I pointed out to them the writers aren't taking the teen pregnancy storyline like a joke and we don't know how they're going to write how the girl takes care of the baby. But I also just love Alison Janey...

I think that's all I'm watching now that is new this season. Does NCIS count since they have the first cast change since the end of season 5? (Or even you could say season 3, since the Director changing isn't really the core cast changing...)

#1020616 - Tue Nov 12 2013 09:06 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
ren33 Online   content

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
How I Met Your Mother has definitely grown on me and we have the final series starting this week. The rest of our TV here is mostly repeats of the worst of the worst.

#1020681 - Wed Nov 13 2013 07:25 AM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
Liking, but not loving the final season of "The Mentalist", i catch "Mom" sometimes, something about the main characters haircut seems to hypnotize me. "Person of Interest" while sltill enjoyable, love the new ex operative, but feel they are getting too side tracked with good long storyline threads, but not cluing the viewers in on enough of the heart of those long storyline threads, so that once the full plan is revealed we can say "that's what that scene 2 months ago really meant". That worries me because i fear not teasing the big plan means they are waiting and the big plan will be affected by public opinion, which never works out well for my viewing enjoyment. Since the CBS Sunday night schedule keeps being affected by football and I DVR the shows before and after "The Good Wife" I've become a bit interested in the current storyline, though I don't think I'd watch the show in general.

#1020793 - Wed Nov 13 2013 07:21 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: BxBarracuda]
ladymacb29 Offline

I forgot to add The Goldbergs - it's pretty good and I'm hoping it becomes an 'updated' version of Wonder Years.

And yes, the main character on Mom has an odd haircut! It's a bit severe I think...

#1021478 - Mon Nov 18 2013 06:39 AM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
Catching up on my shows over the weekend I got to see something of note, William Sadler played bit parts on 2 shows, from different networks,
Click to reveal..
never leave a hospital bed and not make it to the end of the show.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Mon Nov 18 2013 07:08 AM)

#1024551 - Fri Dec 06 2013 04:05 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
Very sad about the surprise on "Person of Interest" and have fingers crossed regarding the next storyline direction.

"The Mentalist" also reached a sudden conclusion. I would have liked a full episode to have been the two of them having a deep talk about all the interactions they had over the years and the mystery behind Red John's evil genius.

#1024729 - Sun Dec 08 2013 01:24 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: BxBarracuda]
Gheelnory Offline
Explorer

Loc: Florida USA
Originally Posted By: BxBarracuda
"The Mentalist" also reached a sudden conclusion. I would have liked a full episode to have been the two of them having a deep talk about all the interactions they had over the years and the mystery behind Red John's evil genius.

I agree, something like that was definitely missing. After so many years of build-up, they got rid of that villain with no more ceremony than if he were merely a villain-of-the-week.

Also, I didn't like the message implicit in that episode, namely that
Click to reveal..
killing is "okay" if it's done in the name of vengeance.

#1024762 - Sun Dec 08 2013 04:28 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

New York USA     
The Mentalist
Click to reveal..
I think we all knew what Patrick would do in this situation and it would take someone to stop him. Some internal struggle would have been nice, or regret during the first episode after. For a man that seems to want answers his actions left so many "why's" you can't count them

#1024960 - Mon Dec 09 2013 01:42 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: BxBarracuda]
Gheelnory Offline
Explorer

Loc: Florida USA
I agree entirely. I think the writers really fell down on the job in "resolving" that story arc--they failed to keep the character true to what they had previously established.

#1025691 - Thu Dec 12 2013 06:19 PM Re: 2013 TV Season [Re: ladymacb29]
ladymacb29 Offline

So I started watching Kirstie on TVLand and thought it has some promise - plus it's interesting to see three actors who were in shows I used to love in a whole new show 20 years later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong