Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#973244 - Wed Mar 20 2013 10:42 AM Ask FT erroneous responses
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
What should we do if we see that someone has erroneously answered a question on AskFT? We are not allowed to respond, so the AskFT rules read, but today alone I noticed two postings of "facts" that were not true and/or did not answer the questions asked.

I have also seen several responses that did not included a hyperlink even the rules also state that this is necessary.

#973245 - Wed Mar 20 2013 11:19 AM Re: Ask FT erroneous responses [Re: gracious1]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
If you know the correct answer, then respond with the correct answer ignoring the incorrect answer, as mentioned by the rules.

#973250 - Wed Mar 20 2013 11:42 AM Re: Ask FT erroneous responses [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
When a post that does not follow the rules is seen, it will be fixed. However, it may sit there for some time before it gets noticed. This applies to both questions and answers. Incorrect responses may not be obvious, however - they are left unless another post points out the error. And sometimes even then there may be reasons to leave both the original incorrect response and the subsequent correction.

Moderator:  Terry