Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#975771 - Wed Apr 03 2013 06:50 AM Can I get very old unfinished quizzes deleted?
madstingfan Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Kolkata (prev. Calcutta) India
I used to be active on Funtrivia around 7-8 years back, then kinda forgot about it and returned a few months back. In my enthusiasm back then, I managed to leave a few unfinished quizzes whose topics I have managed to forget all about. Now (as per site rules, I guess) I can't start a new quiz until I finish these. I did finish one, but the others will be excruciating, if not impossible.

I do realize that quiz deletion is a feature only for more experienced authors. Even so, is there any way I can get these quizzes to be deleted?

Edited by madstingfan (Wed Apr 03 2013 06:50 AM)

#975773 - Wed Apr 03 2013 07:10 AM Re: Can I get very old unfinished quizzes deleted? [Re: madstingfan]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
If you have never submitted a quiz for editing, you can either reuse the template (erase the content, then give it a new title and category) or ask an editor working the category the quiz is currently part of to delete it so you can start a new one.

If the quiz had already been edited, an editor needs to look it over first. If the editor believes that a quiz could be put online and be good by today's standards without too much work even in spite of the long time, he or she might ask you to complete it, otherwise you have the same options as above. Just please don't repurpose a template that has already been in editing without asking an editor beforehand. You may be rather close to a release-ready quiz and just not know it!

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Wed Apr 03 2013 07:11 AM)

#975775 - Wed Apr 03 2013 07:43 AM Re: Can I get very old unfinished quizzes deleted? [Re: WesleyCrusher]
madstingfan Offline
Learning the ropes...

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
If you have never submitted a quiz for editing, you can either reuse the template (erase the content, then give it a new title and category) or ask an editor working the category the quiz is currently part of to delete it so you can start a new one.

That'd have been the ideal solution, except that I can't seem to be able to change the category even for the quizzes I haven't ever submitted - do I need to contact the editors to effect some changes to allow me to change the category of the quiz?

*edit*

Apparently, just as I was typing this, gtho4 made some sort of changes (I got a message stating he was editing my quiz, while I was editing my own heretofore unsubmitted quiz) and now the problem I mentioned above is resolved. Thanks to all you guys!

Edited by madstingfan (Wed Apr 03 2013 07:49 AM)

#975779 - Wed Apr 03 2013 08:02 AM Re: Can I get very old unfinished quizzes deleted? [Re: madstingfan]
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
yep, it worked!

#975936 - Wed Apr 03 2013 11:16 PM Re: Can I get very old unfinished quizzes deleted? [Re: madstingfan]
madstingfan Offline
Learning the ropes...

I edited one of my old quizzes yesterday, changed the category, changed the name and rewrote the questions and saved it. Now I don't see it in my quizzes anymore. Anybody with any idea as to what happened? frown

Edited by madstingfan (Wed Apr 03 2013 11:16 PM)

#975950 - Thu Apr 04 2013 12:47 AM Re: Can I get very old unfinished quizzes deleted? [Re: madstingfan]
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
Please check your InBox.

Moderator:  agony