Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#979393 - Fri Apr 19 2013 06:54 PM Boston Marathon Bombing
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
News is saying the second suspect (the one with the white hat) is in custody and alive.

Editor for Television Category

#979406 - Fri Apr 19 2013 07:58 PM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
I just heard a policeman saw a few drops of blood on the ground that led to the discovery of his hiding place, a trailered 18 foot boat. They said he'd been hit in the shootout the night before and was in a weakened state from loss of blood.

Edit1: Now they say it was a neighbor who saw the blood, followed the trail and saw the beast in the boat, then alerted police. After all the warnings not to engage, this guy followed the blood trail...

Edit2: Though caught in a boat in a place named Watertown, Watertown is not on the water of Boston Harbor or Massachusetts Bay. It is near the Charles River. Watertown was famous for its mile long Arsenal, an impressive 4 story tall red brick structure, later turned into a shopping mall after the Vietnam War.

Edit3: Now it's out that it was the boat owner who went into his back yard for a breath of fresh air after being confined indoors under the lockdown all day. The authorities said the bad guy got away and folks could venture outside again. I heard once but not repeatedly that the police had searched his yard and found nothing! They didn't look through or under the clear tarpaulin? Where were the dogs? They would have alerted to the blood trail.

Edited by mehaul (Sat Apr 20 2013 06:53 PM)
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#979411 - Fri Apr 19 2013 08:25 PM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
paul4760 Offline
Participant

Loc: Iowa USA
Kudos to Boston P.D., Massachusetts State Police, F.B.I., A.T.F., Massachusetts National Guard and of course, the People of Boston. Well done. Perhaps now we may find out the reason behind all this.

#979580 - Sat Apr 20 2013 04:11 PM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
george48 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ottawa
  Ontario Canada   
Does it really matter what reason he gives for killing innocents? Really, can you not recognize that evil does not need a reason, it is what it is. That it is really going to bring closure to the victims? Now we will have to listen to his pathetic justifications and what's worse, the apologists who will try to put the blame with the government, western culture and way of life, any thing but where the blame lies, with the killers themselves. I am heartily sick of that attitude.
I, for one, wish that the second bomber had died in his shoot out with police, and spared us all of that.

#979583 - Sat Apr 20 2013 05:55 PM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

The bombings took place about two blocks away from the main temple of the Christian Science religion! Take a look at the temple image on the linked wiki article on the faith. It is hard to believe that something so horrid took place in the shadows of such a beautiful house of faith.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science

Another block or two away in another direction is the Old South Church, a stately cathedral-like structure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_South_Church

Edit: If you look at the last image of the Christian Science article, you will see Mary Baker Eddy's memorial gravesite in Mount Auburn Cemetery in Watertown, again, a few blocks away from where the bombers met up with justice.

Edited by mehaul (Sat Apr 20 2013 06:04 PM)

#979601 - Sat Apr 20 2013 10:48 PM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Actually we DO need to know why. If it's an international, not a domestically grown deal, this may not be merely a one-off event. Instead it's a part of a potentially continual threat in the future. It's important that we know.

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#979654 - Sun Apr 21 2013 06:13 AM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
sisterseagull Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Torquay Devon England UK      
George... Hear, Hear! My sentiments exactly.

#979658 - Sun Apr 21 2013 08:05 AM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
I think it's important to hear what this suspect was thinking and allowed his callousness.

Whether it be from a criminal or psychologist view.

The blamers, the hate mongers, the apologists will just move to a different story to latch onto, there is no gettting rid of them, though their voices have been more and more muted as the years go by.

I'll still consider the brothers lone wolves unless other evidence comes up, but I'm not ready to say all the facts are known so fast.

#979739 - Sun Apr 21 2013 04:09 PM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Another edifice of God located on Boylston Street within 2-3 blocks of the bombings is the Trinity Church. A beautiful piece of architecture dedicated to the love that the Trinity represents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Church,_Boston

That is the page address at wiki but the UBB software doesn't accept the comma as a valid destination character and so nulls the link. Sorry that address needs to be copy/pasted to work as does ...Trinity_Church_(Boston). You can enter Trinity Church in the wiki search box scroll to the United States on the result page and then down to (Boston)Massachusetts and get to the right article.

Edited by mehaul (Sun Apr 21 2013 04:28 PM)

#979740 - Sun Apr 21 2013 04:31 PM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

With all the national flags that were on display toward the finish line on Boylston Street, I wonder if there was a connection between flag and bomb placement?

#979762 - Sun Apr 21 2013 05:54 PM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Those bombs were apparently detonated by timers, mehaul, I can't imagine they wanted the delay that would result from too much precision when it came to placement. Much safer for them to find a general area, put the bag down, and walk away. We have a lot of experience with bombs over here, in or next to wastebins is a favourite place because people tend not to notice things in or leaning against those, or for the same reason, bags left at the base of lampposts or street signs - somewhere any normal person might leave a bag to keep it out of other people's way. It all looks perfectly normal until... until it's not. For that reason people over here don't like you to leave luggage unattended - I've lost count of the American tourists I've asked not to abandon their cases while they go off to check timetables or buy candy. "The bomb squad will come and blow it up" I say and they look at me as though I'm insane. Well, I might be but I'm still here. There are places in many British cities where you can't find a rubbish bin. It's so annoying... and then we remember the IRA bombings and take our rubbish home. If you get on the Tube in London and take a seat some way from your luggage you may find several Brits looking at you in a rather strange way. Don't worry, they don't have designs on your body, they're just checking that you're going to take those cases with you when you get off.

Cubs is right, you do need to know why. That's the only way we'll add another piece to the puzzle of what makes people do this sort of thing and how we can spot the next one before they can kill or maim innocent people.

#979779 - Sun Apr 21 2013 08:05 PM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

The method of detonation is as yet unrevealed. There was initial thought that timers were used but later pronouncements from the authorities indicate that cell phones were used because of the wire found. And 10 secs is about the time to hang up and dial a new number. My thought was that they'd reconoitered the area the day before or earlier that day, un-armed and lacking the bombs, found where their target flags were and came back later to place the pieces of hell. The methodology used to decide the placement location could be very insightful to preventing future occurrences by similarly trained demons.

Edit1: So just who was the guy who the police stripped naked late Thursday Night? It was reported and shown at the time of the shootout where one of the idiots was killed. So why strip this third guy and have some fourth person (in cuffs) come over to look at him in the squad car?

Edit2: There are reports now that there are Pix of Demon#1 using his phone to take a picture of the 1st explosion then turning away and using the phone again but in his hands as though dialing or selecting a number to call. Maybe the authorities have his phone as evidence? And that his phone records show the calls?

Edited by mehaul (Mon Apr 22 2013 02:31 PM)

#982401 - Sat May 04 2013 04:29 PM Re: Boston Marathon Bombing [Re: ladymacb29]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

I just noticed in a slow motion replay of the first bomb and the responders going to the fence that there were two Russian Federation flags (white, blue and red horizontal tri-color) flying at that location!

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943