Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#983487 - Sat May 11 2013 04:15 PM Team Message Board - Duplicate Topics
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
I attempted to post something on our team board today, but the title was not allowed, as someone else used the same topic over a year ago. Can we be able to use the same thread title more than once? It also can help with new members, as there is only so many ways to say "Hello" and "Hi" on the board.

Same on the Team Recruiting board, as I've had to alter the title of my postings before because I've posted that topic before. As once each posting clears the first page, it is lost forever. Can that be changed as well?

#983501 - Sat May 11 2013 07:52 PM Re: Team Message Board - Duplicate Topics [Re: George95]
paa2isback Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Durgapur West Bengal India
Better you contact your team leader. He may create a sticky hello post. This may help newbies to say hello and veterans to know them. We have this system in our team timi avoid duplicate post.

#983549 - Sun May 12 2013 05:54 AM Re: Team Message Board - Duplicate Topics [Re: George95]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp<br>Belgium
Your team leader has also the ability to delete an entire thread. I personnally haven't used this yet, for it is quite drastic.

#983554 - Sun May 12 2013 07:23 AM Re: Team Message Board - Duplicate Topics [Re: George95]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
We did try a general thread for welcoming new members, but some individuals decided to create their own threads. As the team leader, I don't want to go delete existing welcome threads, as if the Team Recruiting Board is any indication, it won't fix anything, the title would still be blocked from being re-used, deleted or not.

#983612 - Mon May 13 2013 04:50 AM Re: Team Message Board - Duplicate Topics [Re: George95]
pmarney Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Norfolk England UK            
You can post a title with a number before or after it to stop system knowing there is a post with the same title.

So if it don't let you post it first time around just put a 1 after it

#983613 - Mon May 13 2013 05:35 AM Re: Team Message Board - Duplicate Topics [Re: George95]
paa2isback Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Durgapur West Bengal India
I think most of them are doing it for the Team Player badge.

#983674 - Mon May 13 2013 11:52 AM Re: Team Message Board - Duplicate Topics [Re: paa2isback]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I found on a previous team I was on that even if I wrote new members and asked them to post their intros on the stickie thread, they would still go ahead and create a new thread. Can't tell if they misunderstood or just didn't care.

#983919 - Wed May 15 2013 06:09 AM Re: Team Message Board - Duplicate Topics [Re: gracious1]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Originally Posted By: gracious1
I found on a previous team I was on that even if I wrote new members and asked them to post their intros on the stickie thread, they would still go ahead and create a new thread. Can't tell if they misunderstood or just didn't care.

I can sympathise with that, some people never listen unless it is what they want to hear.

#983946 - Wed May 15 2013 12:09 PM Re: Team Message Board - Duplicate Topics [Re: sue943]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
Originally Posted By: sue943
I can sympathise with that, some people never listen unless it is what they want to hear.

So true! This pithy little blurb is worth framing.

Sue

Moderator:  Terry