Rules
Terms of Use

Page 16 of 30 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#994637 - Thu Jul 04 2013 09:03 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Or just do CTRL + - for shrinking and CTRL + + for enlarging.

#994638 - Thu Jul 04 2013 09:13 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
My laptop doesn't have a mouse wheel. Anyway, I like the font size as it is, and am prepared to cope with the fact that some things are a bit awkward. When I change the zoom to make more fit on the screen at once, it becomes just that little bit more difficult for my aging shortsighted eyes to read clearly. Every once in a while I do something unwittingly to change it, and immediately scramble to make it the 'right' size again. smile

#994640 - Thu Jul 04 2013 09:29 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Actually there's another way. The up and down arrow keys work. Mouseover the "Games" menu, then use the "down" arrow. Should work. smile It works for me.

#994652 - Thu Jul 04 2013 11:02 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Now THAT works a treat - thanks for the suggestion.

#994681 - Fri Jul 05 2013 12:23 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: looney_tunes]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: looney_tunes
Now THAT works a treat - thanks for the suggestion.

Awesome and you're welcome! Glad it worked. smile

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

#998905 - Sun Jul 28 2013 04:32 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
Blimey, I think I fell into a trapdoor.

Let's ruminate a while. I have an escape option, but maybe patience will get me some extra benefit.

Meanwhile I can still look at a fine stag for a while.

#999523 - Wed Jul 31 2013 02:34 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
froggyx Offline
Explorer

Loc: Greater Manchester England UK
frown Hmmm, I've been stuck on an Expert Game for 4 (yes 4!!!) days.
The requirement is so high, it's very difficult to achieve at the moment, due to the change of question pool etc.
crazy At first it was 1450, it has meanwhile dropped down to 1430.
1450 was rather hard EVEN BEFORE the changes, but would've been ok on one's good topics.
I've played a few of my good topics since, and the best I was able to achieve something like 1385
I might have taken the wrong turn, seeing as the requirement is so high (nobody else is stuck here), so it might not be ment to be beaten.
But there is NO WAY OUT!?
I want out - help cry cry cry

#999554 - Wed Jul 31 2013 04:53 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

If the target is dropping, that means it is not a dead end. All you can do is keep playing, and wait until the target drops to one of the scores you have already achieved. (The target works retrospectively, as long as you have met it after getting there. I have sometimes had to wait about a week before a target dropped to what I had achieved on one of my very first attempts. If it is dropping 5 points a day, you will have to wait no more than another 9 days, and you might well get a better score before then, anyway.) Working on these can help you improve your speed for the future. smile

#999566 - Wed Jul 31 2013 05:17 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
I have just recently pulled new stats but need to change them in the game manually, stage by stage, so this will take a few days as I want to make sure I do it correctly. I did two of the most crucial late-game areas first and will tackle the rest bit by bit. Chapter 6 will certainly be among the very next on my list since it has relatively high requirements.

#999576 - Wed Jul 31 2013 07:45 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: froggyx]
fredsixties Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Staten Island
New York USA 
Could be worse. I'm stuck on Monster for two weeks without a perfect score. I may be here for months. frown

#999581 - Wed Jul 31 2013 08:18 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Take the time to do some research for Monster - without Google, I might never have found the Treasure. smile

#999614 - Wed Jul 31 2013 11:05 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: WesleyCrusher]
froggyx Offline
Explorer

If the target is dropping, that means it is not a dead end. All you can do is keep playing, and wait until the target drops to one of the scores you have already achieved. (The target works retrospectively, as long as you have met it after getting there. I have sometimes had to wait about a week before a target dropped to what I had achieved on one of my very first attempts. If it is dropping 5 points a day, you will have to wait no more than another 9 days, and you might well get a better score before then, anyway.) Working on these can help you improve your speed for the future. smile

Yes, Looney, I was stuck on some daily games for over a week sometimes, and I wasn't too bothered about it (well, I was, but I knew I just wasn't good enough on those, and had to wait, as you only get 1 attempt a day), but to be stuck for so long on an hourly game seems very long, I thought (as I said, I played quite a few of my good topics, and had approximately 28 attempts in total).
Yes, at one point (another 9 days), it'll have dropped enough to move on, but for an hourly game it seems a bit harsh. frown

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
I have just recently pulled new stats but need to change them in the game manually, stage by stage, so this will take a few days as I want to make sure I do it correctly. I did two of the most crucial late-game areas first and will tackle the rest bit by bit. Chapter 6 will certainly be among the very next on my list since it has relatively high requirements.

Yay, lets hope the one I'm stuck is one of those smile

Edited by froggyx (Wed Jul 31 2013 11:33 PM)

#999616 - Wed Jul 31 2013 11:09 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

The one I spent a lot of time waiting on was also an hourly game - but since I have NEVER managed 23 seconds in Piece of Cake, let alone since the new database has been in use, I knew I just had to wait until the required time met what I am capable of doing, and get in some practice to recognise the new questions in my favourite categories more quickly again.

#999618 - Wed Jul 31 2013 11:11 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: froggyx]
gracious1 Online   content
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I was stuck in one game for about two weeks. It's just a question of patience, I suppose.

#999623 - Wed Jul 31 2013 11:35 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
froggyx Offline
Explorer

lol yes, patience has always been my weakness smile

#999632 - Thu Aug 01 2013 12:51 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Thanks for reviewing the targets, Wes. I appreciate the work you have done, especially having to repeat some of it when you thought you'd finished.

Patience isn't one of my virtues either, Froggy, and this game is testing the little I have to the limit.

#999642 - Thu Aug 01 2013 02:09 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
pmarney Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Norfolk England UK            
I was stuck on one and then went on holiday for a fortnight and when I got back score had reduced enough for a previous score to have counted and for me to continue on my way. Sometimes the only option is to wait and depending on the scores you normally get the wait could be a while.

Where I am now I will have to wait about 13 days for a score I have in the bag to count, in the meantime I continue to play in case I get lucky.

Still enjoying the trip even though I do have the odd swear about things to myself.

#999662 - Thu Aug 01 2013 04:43 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
fredsixties Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Staten Island
New York USA 
I don't think Monster reduces, I think you simply have to get a perfect score no matter how long it takes.

#999664 - Thu Aug 01 2013 05:41 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Yeah, Monster Game isn't a score that will reduce. Looney nailed it for a hint in case you need to reduce the difficulty of that game a bit smile

#999688 - Thu Aug 01 2013 06:38 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
lorance79 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Canberra A.C.T. Australia     
I'm spending about two weeks in a very tedious stage. Having to play lots of quizzes about video games and US sports teams is not endearing me to this stage! I'm sure there's a quicker way out of here, but I'm too dense to find it.

#999696 - Thu Aug 01 2013 06:50 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

As the saying goes, one man's trash is another's treasure... the AQ quiz selection is balanced across all categories, so it's inevitable that some will be in the areas you like least. Other players would most certainly complain if exactly these categories were excluded (but dislike those you love to play).

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Thu Aug 01 2013 10:05 AM)

#1000529 - Sun Aug 04 2013 03:21 PM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: looney_tunes]
froggyx Offline
Explorer

Phew, finally managed to move on (not thanks to the decrease of score, but simply a good category, of which I know a bit about and is easy to practise on FT)

ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT IT WAS ALL IN VAIN cry

The one I spent a lot of time waiting on was also an hourly game - but since I have NEVER managed 23 seconds in Piece of Cake, let alone since the new database has been in use, I knew I just had to wait until the required time met what I am capable of doing, and get in some practice to recognise the new questions in my favourite categories more quickly again.

I'm stuck on this one at the moment (hoping I took the right turn this time), but hopefully should be out sooner than on the Expert, fingers crossed. smile

#1001238 - Thu Aug 08 2013 01:04 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
mcsurfie1
No longer registered

I seem to be stuck on getting the required number of points for Pot of Gold to progress.

For the third time I get the required number of points - in the time limit required - and I'm sent back to square one.

It's very discouraging if this is all that is going to happen, every time it fulfill the requirements only to get sent back to square one and have to start yet again.

Even when I try to go back, I just get sent back to where I started and have to try and complete the task in even less time than before.

#1001239 - Thu Aug 08 2013 01:29 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

You are progressing past Pot of Gold and then always giving up on the next stage - so it's no wonder you need to do it over. (You've done that five times in a row!). Look at that second stage again - it's a totally different (easier) game where you need to get the lesser time.

Also, please reregister for the forums with your exact FunTrivia user name - it took me several minutes of extra time to even look at your race log because I needed to figure out who you actually are on the main site.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Thu Aug 08 2013 01:35 AM)

#1001631 - Fri Aug 09 2013 09:06 AM Re: Ascension Quest [Re: gracious1]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

We have a third Ascended - congrats rossian!

Page 16 of 30 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  Terry