Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#986383 - Fri May 31 2013 09:29 AM Challenge Crusher Badge
undudelike Offline
Participant

Loc: Alabama USA
It's for 50 mini badges won right? I don't know if anyone else has had an issue with this but I know I have over 50 and the badge still eludes me. Any thoughts on how I, or who I contact to make it happen?

#986385 - Fri May 31 2013 09:38 AM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Strange, you most definitely have 50 challenges, and it most definitely isn't there.

It doesn't specify whether you win the badge automatically or if you must go back to the page to claim it. Have you tried returning to the badge page to "claim" it?

#986388 - Fri May 31 2013 10:12 AM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: salami_swami]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
Strange, you most definitely have 50 challenges, and it most definitely isn't there.

It doesn't specify whether you win the badge automatically or if you must go back to the page to claim it. Have you tried returning to the badge page to "claim" it?

Yeah, you have to actually go back to the challenge page to get the badge. It is not automatically awarded.

#986390 - Fri May 31 2013 10:53 AM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London
England UK         
I would have thought that if a badge had not been awarded, then the first thing a person would do would be to go back to the challenge and double check the requirements, which would count as returning to the page to claim it.

Or is that too logical?

#986391 - Fri May 31 2013 11:01 AM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
pmarney Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Norfolk England UK            
I have found quite a lot of people unaware that the badge is even there.

When I check a profile out to see who I am playing with or against if I see they have 50 mini's and are level 75 or higher I normally send a Personal Note to ask if they are aware of the badge and where to go to claim it.

Done 2 in the last 24 hours

#986393 - Fri May 31 2013 11:17 AM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Since they are listed under a different section than the rest of the badges, those level badges are difficult to notice. There are tons of players who could have a few more badges if they became aware of the little section. smile

#986394 - Fri May 31 2013 12:19 PM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
rossian Online   content
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I don't suppose you've missed any, have you Salami?

#986396 - Fri May 31 2013 01:13 PM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

smile Badge tarts see all. wink Whether I can GET them or not is a different story entirely... :P

#986443 - Sat Jun 01 2013 12:53 AM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: rossian]
pmarney Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Norfolk England UK            
I don't know what you mean laugh

#986556 - Sun Jun 02 2013 07:09 AM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Sheesh Salami, it's not exactly a secret lol.

Click on "challenges" (in the upper right corner of the home page, beside your username)

Click INCOMPLETE on the line that says "sort/name/incomplete. This will show you all the Normal badges you don't have credit for yet. Click on each of them, since some of them are only awarded if you "check in".

You also (especially if you are are a Gold Member) need to click on "challenges" and then click on "Level Challenge Bonuses" and then click "incomplete" to do the same thing as above.

Edited by Jakeroo (Sun Jun 02 2013 07:10 AM)

#987082 - Thu Jun 06 2013 03:05 PM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: dippo]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: dippo
I would have thought that if a badge had not been awarded, then the first thing a person would do would be to go back to the challenge and double check the requirements, which would count as returning to the page to claim it.

Or is that too logical?

Far too logical, naturally. wink

#987185 - Fri Jun 07 2013 10:36 PM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
portgleep Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: NYC New York USA              
Also - Rossian has a hundred minibadges, and is recognized as the first winner of the badge at the Challenge page, but the badge doesn't show up on rossian's profile.
Its true that some of Winston Churchill's actions were praiseworthy. But personally, his treatment of India during and before WWII will always make me think of him primarily as an evil, powerhungry, racist murderer.

#987186 - Fri Jun 07 2013 10:38 PM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
I just looked, and it does show up.

#987206 - Sat Jun 08 2013 06:14 AM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

It doesn't look the same as on the challenge page, however. It is all squashed up and fit in right next to the Challenge Crusher badge...

#987232 - Sat Jun 08 2013 07:23 AM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
rossian Online   content
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Yes, it's definitely there, but I had to search for it myself. It looks as if it's going to be one of the large badges, but it is actually a standard size. I'm happy to have achieved it no matter what it looks like.

Thanks for checking for me, people.

#987322 - Sat Jun 08 2013 08:33 PM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: kaddarsgirl]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
It doesn't look the same as on the challenge page, however. It is all squashed up and fit in right next to the Challenge Crusher badge...

Oh, now I see what you mean! Yes, the illustration on the Challenges page does appear to be a mega-badge, but on Rossian's profile it is an ordinary badge.

Perhaps that is something Terry could fix...?

#987356 - Sun Jun 09 2013 12:05 AM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: Jakeroo]
Jabberwok Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sussex England UK             
Hey!
Guess What!
I've got another badge!
I tiptoed my way through all the smuggery and I now have a Challenge Crusher badge. I don't mind being the dimmest of llamas because the gleanings are so tasty. :P
Thank you for the illumination.

Dippo, it only works your way if the player knows there's a badge.
I'm more a serendipitous finder of badges, wifflin' through the tulgy woods and burbling. laugh

Edited by Jabberwok (Sun Jun 09 2013 12:09 AM)

#987594 - Mon Jun 10 2013 07:14 PM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
habitsowner Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Arkansas USA
Can someone tell me what it looks like? I'm sure I've got it, but...I'd like to check since obviously not everyone who has earned it has gotten it. With IE 10 I can no longer run the cursor over the badge/badgelet to see what it is or I would have done that first. I, also, took Jakeroo's suggestion and clicked on all the challenges that showed up after I clicked on "uncompleted".

Thanks!

Lee

#987595 - Mon Jun 10 2013 07:37 PM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

You have it, Lee. It says "50" on it. It's at the bottom of the badges on your profile page, I just looked. smile

#987596 - Mon Jun 10 2013 07:46 PM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: kaddarsgirl]
habitsowner Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Arkansas USA
Thanks a lot, kaddarsgirl. I don't IE10, but I'm not comfortable with Chrome, most likely because I no longer like changes of any kind. Of that age, you know.

Lee

#987597 - Mon Jun 10 2013 07:47 PM Re: Challenge Crusher Badge [Re: undudelike]
portgleep Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: NYC New York USA              
Perhaps Terry could resize the Challenge Mastery (100 minibadges, requiring level 150 - only achieved by 1 person so far) badge to what I assume by its appearance on the Challenges page is what it was meant to be - a larger badge?
Its true that some of Winston Churchill's actions were praiseworthy. But personally, his treatment of India during and before WWII will always make me think of him primarily as an evil, powerhungry, racist murderer.

Moderator:  Terry