Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#986692 - Mon Jun 03 2013 06:22 AM Archived Quizzes
Irishrosy Offline
Participant

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Hello all,

It is nice to meet you. Rosygal here, and I love creating quizzes, particularly the research involved. How surprised and happy I am as I travel to unexpected sites as I do so.

This may not be the right category for my question, but what does it mean when a quiz is archived? I tried looking for the answer, but to no avail but then it may be that my rose-colored glasses interfered. smile

#986699 - Mon Jun 03 2013 06:47 AM Re: Archived Quizzes [Re: Irishrosy]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
All it means is that the author can no longer make changes to a quiz. The assumption is that any corrections needed will have been picked up and changed in the early days that the quiz has been played. I think that they have to be online for a year before this happens.

In practical terms, it makes no difference to the author. If any corrections are needed at a late stage, they have to be done by an editor - that's the only difference.

Edited by rossian (Mon Jun 03 2013 10:59 AM)

#986714 - Mon Jun 03 2013 08:17 AM Re: Archived Quizzes [Re: Irishrosy]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
And just to clarify, if you receive a correction note for an archived quiz, please state exactly what needs to be corrected in the little message box so that an editor can make the correction. "Quiz is archived" is not a sufficient explanation and doesn't even tell us if the correction note was valid or not

#986748 - Mon Jun 03 2013 01:57 PM Re: Archived Quizzes [Re: rossian]
Irishrosy Offline
Participant

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Thank you both, I understand now. I appreciate your prompt replies. Cheers

Moderator:  agony, gtho4