Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 78 of 91 < 1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 90 91 >
Topic Options
#985789 - Sun May 26 2013 11:33 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
I don't think that's a question we need to discuss here. Let's get the thread back to discussing actual issues involving the challenges.

#985790 - Sun May 26 2013 11:37 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Nobody has to do the Daily Challenges if they don't want to. It even says so on the DC page.

I am concerned, however, by the possibility that we are being assigned DCs even when we don't click the page. That could cause problems for people, e.g. matching a Twin who is not even aware s/he is a Twin.

BTW, so Gold Members are still matched with Non-Gold for Nemesis? I thought that was fixed.

#985817 - Mon May 27 2013 04:18 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
zippolover Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Norfolk UK
Today, for my difficult challenge, I had to score a certain number of points in a Daily Quiz.

I failed.

The blurb that comes up after the failure is that I failed and to try again tomorrow. What has TOMORROW got to do with a DAILY challenge?

Just a pet peeve of mine.

#985818 - Mon May 27 2013 04:21 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Jabberwok Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sussex England UK             
I find that a bit annoying, especially if I've used my 'swap a game this week' option already. There's no way out of that one, I'd like it to come up as a fail so I have the chance to buy another challenge more easily.
But it's a small irritation. smile

#985877 - Mon May 27 2013 11:22 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
remote9 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Kolkata India
Originally Posted By: gracious1
Nobody has to do the Daily Challenges if they don't want to. It even says so on the DC page.

I am concerned, however, by the possibility that we are being assigned DCs even when we don't click the page. That could cause problems for people, e.g. matching a Twin who is not even aware s/he is a Twin.

BTW, so Gold Members are still matched with Non-Gold for Nemesis? I thought that was fixed.

Yes, I got one today.

#985880 - Mon May 27 2013 12:16 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA

It was determined months ago that there was nothing wrong with that challenge. People of different membership types, levels, and time since registration get paired against each other all time. There are several pages of discussion starting at the bottom of this thread: http://www.funtrivia.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/826229/24

#985905 - Mon May 27 2013 03:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
MiraJane Offline
Enthusiast

I got the badglet for completing 7 Daily Challenges before I had ever clicked on the Daily Challenges links. I thought it had something to do with the Hourly games or Daily Games. Since the accompanying note explaining it was cutesy and not very explanatory, I shrugged and thought the badglet looked lovely with my other ones.

There have been times when I click on Daily Challenges to find that I have already completed some of them.

M.

#985934 - Mon May 27 2013 09:18 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: MiraJane]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: MiraJane
There have been times when I click on Daily Challenges to find that I have already completed some of them.

That happens a lot. There are several retroactive challenges in the game. They aren't supposed to be checked until you click on the page, though, but as soon as you click it registers you have completed the requirements.

#985944 - Tue May 28 2013 01:34 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: MiraJane]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: MiraJane
I got the badglet for completing 7 Daily Challenges before I had ever clicked on the Daily Challenges links.

Okay, this sounds like something that shouldn't happen. If she got the badge BEFORE she ever clicked on the DC page, then it is assigning and checking without us manually clicking on the page, and that's not supposed to happen.

#987487 - Mon Jun 10 2013 08:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

If the challenge is "Rank #1 in your division in any hourly game", does "Who's the Expert?" count as an hourly game for the purposes of this challenge?

#987498 - Mon Jun 10 2013 08:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Yes. And Obscurity is an option as well.

#987499 - Mon Jun 10 2013 09:06 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
I was clicking into Team Heroes and while the page loading was going on I glanced at the tab indicator with the slowly rotaing image (not the frame progress gauge). The verbage accompanying that symbol in the page tab said it was loading the Daily Challenges (which I had not clicked) then after about 5 seconds it switched to say it was loading Daily Team challenge and presented the Team Heroes Home Page.
Could someone check to see if my Daily Challenges have again been activated?

Edit: It has been correctly pointed out to me that the spelling of verbage is supposed to be verbiage. Thank you V and sorry to the rest of you.

Edited by mehaul (Mon Jun 10 2013 03:39 PM)
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#987521 - Mon Jun 10 2013 10:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: K-W Ontario Canada
Yes Michael, they are active. It says:

Easier:
Locate the Daily Challenge link.

Medium:
Click on the Daily Challenge link.

Difficult:
Decide whether you will do any of the challenges.

I'll be at the back of the bar playing the old pinball machine if you need anything else. smile

#987541 - Mon Jun 10 2013 01:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
I could admin-check, but the second I click there, they WILL be activated even if they were not active before.

#987545 - Mon Jun 10 2013 01:42 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
I checked with my non-admin privileges and it told me that the Heroes page is called "FunTrivia.com Team Trivia Daily Challenge"... anyone want to bet money against those being the words that show up when the page is loaded?

No?

Shucks.

#987550 - Mon Jun 10 2013 02:26 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Flopsymopsy: It said just Daily challenges then changed to say Team Heroes. Those are different pages.

Go ahead Wesley. If I have a Nemesis, I lose and if I have a Twin, I say sorry to my fellow player.

SSabreman: It'll be a cold day in Florida when I let you cut in front of me to use that machine. We all know the tilt is kerplunk. Why does this mug of beer you've given me look more like melted yellow snow than a good lager?

#987554 - Mon Jun 10 2013 03:17 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: mehaul
Flopsymopsy: It said just Daily challenges then changed to say Team Heroes. Those are different pages.

No, they are not. The name of the page is as I wrote it earlier. What you see when the page has finished loading is "Team Heroes" but the actual page name is Team Trivia Daily Challenge and that's what loads into the tab header.

#987562 - Mon Jun 10 2013 04:38 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Originally Posted By: flopsymopsy
Originally Posted By: mehaul

No, they are not. The name of the page is as I wrote it earlier. What you see when the page has finished loading is "Team Heroes" but the actual page name is Team Trivia Daily Challenge and that's what loads into the tab header.

Ditto. Just a vague name for the page; nothing to do with DCs.

#987564 - Mon Jun 10 2013 04:48 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Mehaul, I PMed your challenges to you in case you can't get to the page. They're all perfectly normal and solvable challenges.

#987577 - Mon Jun 10 2013 05:43 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Gratias.
Wow, how about that?
Team Heroes is one of the Daily Challenges! Mere Koinkydink, or are powerful spirits at work? No, not those spirits, Ssabreman.

#987615 - Mon Jun 10 2013 11:42 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

What are you guys talking about?? When I load the Team Heroes page, the only thing it says, either in the title bar or the tab, is "Team Heroes".

Am I not following something here? I'm on Mac, but I don't see how that would make any difference.

#987617 - Mon Jun 10 2013 11:55 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Gracious: I believe you need acouplathree beers and at least two games of old-school pinball to "get" this one (giggles).
Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows. ~Pope Paul VI

#987632 - Tue Jun 11 2013 05:11 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
froggyx Offline
Explorer

Loc: Greater Manchester England UK
What are you guys talking about?? When I load the Team Heroes page, the only thing it says, either in the title bar or the tab, is "Team Heroes".

Am I not following something here? I'm on Mac, but I don't see how that would make any difference.

Same here, Gracious!
I was wondering what they're talking about confused
Maybe my PC is just toooooo fast cool

#987636 - Tue Jun 11 2013 05:46 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
TimBentley Offline
Explorer

Loc: Indiana USA
"FunTrivia.com Team Trivia Daily Challenge" is actually the title for TvT.

#987638 - Tue Jun 11 2013 06:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

I used to employ web programmers and developers... their attitude would be "Oh a new game, let's start by copying this page, including the title which is just text and doesn't do anything, then all we need to do is change the code here and there and why should I waste a brain cell by thinking of a new name for the page, whoever pays attention to that stuff anyway?"

Of course, I wouldn't dream of saying that Terry follows the same path as every programmer I've ever known (ha!) but why would he waste brain cells by constantly inventing new names for pages when it's not necessary and no one in their right minds ever pays attention to that stuff anyway?

Page 78 of 91 < 1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 90 91 >

Moderator:  Terry