Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#989061 - Mon Jun 17 2013 06:36 AM Help for Uncoordinated Players
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
This has been mentioned in other areas at different times, but I can't find a specific thread about it. Since I've done this twice in the last few days, I would like to ask for a confirmation question when a player hits carriage return by accident in regular mode of a daily or hourly quiz when they do NOT mean to submit the quiz but only want to move on to the next question. Because you can do this in the quick questions or in flash mode, I have unwittingly submitted quizzes after only one question. A statement saying that I should finish the rest of the questions first before submitting would be of great help. I'm sure others have had this happen as well.

#989075 - Mon Jun 17 2013 07:49 AM Re: Help for Uncoordinated Players [Re: shuehorn]
playmate1111 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: South Africa
Good idea Sue! I have done that many times as well.

#989125 - Mon Jun 17 2013 04:36 PM Re: Help for Uncoordinated Players [Re: shuehorn]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
You need one of those safety covers like they use when launching missles in movies. Why should the rest of us have to get things changed because your engineer forgot to install such a common device? I've had to replace mine twice already from wearing it out by flipping it (OK, I admit that one time I 'lashed' out as the flip motion.) I understand they have new keyless magnetic cards you can swipe to do the same thing as unlocking the cover, but you still have to push the button manually. And, my latest edition of NU Technologies published an article about lasers they implant in your left nostril that does the same task when you fake a sneezing motion. Hey wait, are you still using a dextral keyboard and not a touchscreen? There's the problem. Your hardware is two years old fer cripe's sake.

Edit: crazy grin

Edited by mehaul (Tue Jun 18 2013 12:25 AM)

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#989244 - Tue Jun 18 2013 09:23 AM Re: Help for Uncoordinated Players [Re: shuehorn]
froggyx Offline
Explorer

Loc: Greater Manchester England UK
This has happened to me many times as well, and it is very annoying when it happens frown

#989258 - Tue Jun 18 2013 10:15 AM Re: Help for Uncoordinated Players [Re: froggyx]
Verbonica Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Napa Valley California USA
Heheheheh,

You could also just park your chewing gum on the "Enter" key as a reminder until you finish the quiz! grin

It does take some concentration to get used to hitting the "Tab" key to get to the next question, but it can be done.

Actually, I have gotten that "You have not completed the quiz" message a few times -- I'm not sure which quizzes it is hooked up to, though.

#989271 - Tue Jun 18 2013 11:12 AM Re: Help for Uncoordinated Players [Re: Verbonica]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: Verbonica
Actually, I have gotten that "You have not completed the quiz" message a few times -- I'm not sure which quizzes it is hooked up to, though.

That's my point. If it is in place for some quizzes, maybe it can be put in place for all. It would definitely help the players who are too quick with the enter key (as I am) when they don't wish to be.

#989621 - Thu Jun 20 2013 01:02 AM Re: Help for Uncoordinated Players [Re: mehaul]
MiraJane Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York USA
Dear mehaul:

This happens when using a touchscreen too.

Nice try, though.

#991713 - Wed Jun 26 2013 05:18 AM Re: Help for Uncoordinated Players [Re: shuehorn]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

I did it again, this time while playing the Fill Me In game and trying to score in the top 25% in my division. Since I'm not a speed player normally, I think this is what makes me hit the return key when trying to race through a quiz. I know it is silly, but if a safeguard question could be incorporated saying "You've only answered one of the questions of this quiz, do you really mean to submit now?" or something similar, it would be a big help to players like me.

Moderator:  Terry