Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#989144 - Mon Jun 17 2013 07:41 PM Bushisms
bloomsby Offline

Loc: Norwich EnglandUK
Am I correct in thinking that Bushisms have become a type of humour in their own right (at least in America) and that many Bushisms are not actual sayings by George W. Bush?

Many of the apparently genuine Bushisms are, however, pretty mind-boggling, as for example:

- "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May 14, 2001.

- "I'm going to put people in my place, so when the history of this administration is written at least there's an authoritarian voice saying exactly what happened."

- "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." Poplar Bluff, Missouri; September 6, 2004

Source: Wikipedia article on "Bushisms", accessed 18 June 2013.

Comments, thoughts and additions, please.

#989172 - Tue Jun 18 2013 12:49 AM Re: Bushisms [Re: bloomsby]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
I know it's not one he actually said but it cracks me up.
On the radio here the is a show called "How Green is my Cactus" and it's pretty much political satire and on one episode Mrs Bush couldn't understand something and he said "Let me explanate that for you, Barbara" grin

#989249 - Tue Jun 18 2013 09:31 AM Re: Bushisms [Re: bloomsby]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas TXUSA
Back when Quayle was Vice President, they called his sayings "Quayleisms." Now they have "Bidenisms" for our current VP, Joe Biden.

Some of those he may have actually said, but I'm not sure.

Moderator:  bloomsby