Rules
Terms of Use

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#992519 - Fri Jun 28 2013 02:32 AM Kids really do say the funniest things :)
srini701 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Hyderabad India           

#992671 - Fri Jun 28 2013 02:34 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
zippolover Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Norfolk UK
I like the goat boy

#992779 - Sat Jun 29 2013 04:56 AM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
sue943 Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
My daughter posted this on Facebook yesterday, it made me laugh, Hermione was three in February!

Quote:
Hermione has just brought me a picture, apparently of a dolphin, and told me she's copyrighting it! They're keen on the entrepreneurial spirit at her nursery it seems!

#993440 - Sun Jun 30 2013 11:37 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
srini701 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Hyderabad India           
Yep...Hermione will definitely go places smile

#995317 - Mon Jul 08 2013 04:31 AM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
I was seated next to my best friend's grandson at a birthday party on Saturday night. He's 6 and a real hoot. He's funny without trying to be funny, and he's very intelligent. He was moaning to me about school, in particular, his music class.

His complaint? "We sing the same songs over and over and over again. If I have to sing "I'm a little teapot one more time I'll scream". He followed that up with "They never give us any decent songs to sing, like the Beatles or Elvis". (You can see the grandparent influence there).

#996388 - Sat Jul 13 2013 07:01 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: MotherGoose]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
You know you spend too much time on FaceBook when you look for the Like button.
He sounds adorable MG.

We taught our daughter to sing 'Rock On' by David Essex when she was preschool. She would sit in her car seat and belt it out with us.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#996541 - Sun Jul 14 2013 05:04 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: skunkee]
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

When coolcat90 was little, about 3 years of age, if an Elvis song came on the radio, I would ask her "Who's that?" and she would answer, staccato style without pausing for breath - "Elvis the King, not the real king, but the king of Rock and Roll".

When she was in high school, she used to stay after class, voluntarily, to work in the computer lab. The computer teacher (a lovely American fellow who was the same age as me) used to play music while they worked, usually songs from "our era" - the 50s through to the 80s. He would then quiz the girls as to the name of the song, or the artist. Coolcat90 was the only one who could consistently tell him the name, the artist, the album, who covered it and which version she prefered. One day he expressed amazement at the extent of her musical knowledge. "Oh, that's because she has old parents" replied one of her classmates!

Edited by MotherGoose (Sun Jul 14 2013 05:22 PM)

#996894 - Tue Jul 16 2013 02:52 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: MotherGoose]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

LOL - sour grapes I'm sure!

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#1000763 - Mon Aug 05 2013 08:41 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Alberta Canada
One summer, my great aunt paid for airline tickets to fly my sister and me to Vancouver. I'm not the world's best traveller even today, but back then I got sick on everything that moved except for trains.

I was 12. My sister was all of 4 1/2.

My mother had dressed us up in matching handmade 'sailor suits' (you have to have been a child of the 50's to know how annoying that was lol) and forced me to eat, despite my protests. This was my first time on a plane and the weather was very bad (lots of turbulence), was a "milk run" (in that it landed in Calgary and Kamloops before it got to Vancouver). Needless to say I was quite ill. Two airbags weren't enough. When my great aunt picked us up, they had to pull over twice so I wouldn't mess up the car lol.

ANYHOO, after finally arriving at the house, my sister got out of the car, put her hands on her hips, glared at me and yelled out "I'm NEVER taking you ANYwhere again!".

I wish I'd gotten a picture of her complete indignation. We'd probably both laugh about it today lol.

#1000767 - Mon Aug 05 2013 10:49 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
gtho4 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
Back in the late 1950s or early 60s I was playing cowboys and indians in the backyard with my younger brother. I lost my bow and arrow or my rifle (I can't remmber who was who) so I raced over to the clothesline where mum had her pegs in a metal bucket on the handle. I emptied the pegs out and threw the bucket at my brother; and got him a beauty with a direct hit. He still has the scar today (it's above his right eye).

#1001192 - Wed Aug 07 2013 05:16 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: gtho4]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Way back when my sister and I (I say it was her idea, she said it was mine) talked my brother into eating a bottle of aspirin by telling him they were candy. He chewed through the entire bottle complaining that they didn't taste very good. We (again stories differ as to who actually said it first) told him that they tasted better the more he ate. He had to have his stomach pumped.

#1022717 - Sun Nov 24 2013 04:38 AM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
Dragonkin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Oregon USA
This is a story I heard from my mom, about my uncle.

Apparently, at one point in his early childhood, he was obsessed with backhoes, dump trucks, and cows (how the cows got into that mix, I have no clue. So when Christmas day rolls around, he goes screaming downstairs like any kid on Christmas, and rips into all of his presents. After unwrapping them all and finding no toy backhoes, dump trucks or cows, he sits back onto his heels and says in the world's saddest voice: "No scoop... no dump... no moo..."

#1023088 - Mon Nov 25 2013 06:30 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
sue943 Online   content

Administrator

My daughter posted this on Facebook yesterday. Me is obviously her, Alex is her five year old son.

"Me to Alex: I love you more than chocolate, and cake...hmmmmm, what else?
Alex: More than bins?
Me: Yes, more than bins.

There is no greater love than the love of bins."

#1023147 - Tue Nov 26 2013 04:04 AM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
You should perhaps explain there, Sue , exactly how bins come to be so high in Alex's
scale of lovableness.

#1025388 - Wed Dec 11 2013 06:46 AM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
sue943 Online   content

Administrator

Alex is five years old (well almost six) and his passion in life is bin lorries (garbage trucks), he has loved them since he was about three and the highlight of his trip to see me this past summer was the trip to the rubbish dump aka recycling centre. When I last visited them we had a day out at the local incinerator! smile

#1030839 - Mon Jan 20 2014 03:55 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
sue943 Online   content

Administrator

My great nephew is nine and his mother wrote this on Facebook this evening.

"Part of Sam's homework was to use the word 'also' in a sentence. "My Mum likes gin, she also likes wine"."

I am sure the teacher will have a giggle. Laura isn't making him change it as it happens to be true. smile

In case you are wondering what sort of family this is, my niece is an accountant and Sam attends a private feepaying school.

Edited by sue943 (Mon Jan 20 2014 03:56 PM)

#1030873 - Mon Jan 20 2014 09:40 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Well I would be a complete alcoholic if I had to be an accountant!

#1066361 - Thu Sep 25 2014 11:36 AM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: ren33]
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Had a friend over for dinner one night. She brought her young grandson with her - he's about 8. After dinner he was offered a "Mint Slice" chocolate biscuit, which he'd never had before. He took a bite and his eyes grew big, then he said "Who would have thought of putting toothpaste in a biscuit?" [I thought it was the funniest thing I'd heard in a long time!]

#1066407 - Thu Sep 25 2014 05:01 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
Tizzabelle Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia         
Oh MG, that is priceless! I love it. I'm going to share that story around laugh

#1066452 - Fri Sep 26 2014 03:36 AM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
Mommakat Offline
Explorer

Loc: Mandurah Western Australia    
Many years ago, my late first husband and I attended the wedding of a friend of ours, Keith. His bride's name was Nola. During the Wedding breakfast the Best Man stood up and read out telegrams that had been received. One which raised a laugh read----"To Nola, take a tip from one who knows, and tie your nightie to your toes" -- the accompanying laughter turned to a roar, when a small 4 year old in a loud piping voice peculiar only to 4 year olds, commented "Mummy, does Auntie Nola have cold feet?"..... Yep! you who are in the know guessed it. MG at the age of 4.....LOL

#1066453 - Fri Sep 26 2014 03:44 AM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Oh Carole!! That's hilarious! Why am I not surprised?

#1066816 - Sun Sep 28 2014 09:01 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: ren33]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

grin

#1127671 - Sat Feb 27 2016 04:49 AM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
sue943 Online   content

Administrator

My daughter has just posted the following on Facebook. Her daughter, Hermione, was 6 a couple of days ago, my daughter is 38.

"I need a 'feeling old' button. Last week Hermione asked me if I used to travel by horse when I was a child. Today, her new fashion through history sticker book has inspired her to ask me whether I didn't get cold in ancient times because the clothes weren't very warm."

#1130066 - Tue Mar 15 2016 09:56 PM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: sue943]
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Originally Posted By: sue943
My daughter is 38.

Makes me wonder when she turned...as I am also 38.

Originally Posted By: sue943
I need a 'feeling old' button.

Let your daughter know I feel that way too...

#1130108 - Wed Mar 16 2016 06:00 AM Re: Kids really do say the funniest things :) [Re: srini701]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Just wait till you turn exactly twice that. Then you know old.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ozzz2002, Sypher