Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#994543 - Thu Jul 04 2013 12:32 PM Brain Twist spelling error
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Noticed a spelling error in the Brain Twist today, "Crafted by Trivia Architect Zbeckabee" (I believe the quiz is "I Got My Drama From My Mama"). In question #10, there is an extra 'n' in "longnecked", thus: "LONGNNECKED".

There's no correction notice system for Brain Twists so I thought I'd post it here.

Edited by gracious1 (Thu Jul 04 2013 12:35 PM)

#994563 - Thu Jul 04 2013 02:15 PM Re: Brain Twist spelling error [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
The best way to address it would be to go to her profile and find the quiz. You can quickly play it again and submit a correction from there. Since there are multiple quizzes used for each day's Brain Twist, and it is possible that more than one came from the same author, that would be a definitive way of identifying the question that needs to be corrected. And it works whether or not the quiz author is still active on the site.

#994576 - Thu Jul 04 2013 02:49 PM Re: Brain Twist spelling error [Re: gracious1]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Aren't quizzes that are in the day's selection of Brain Twists unavailable for selecting from the profile or from the quiz pool? Wouldn't that mean a return visit tomorrow to send the correction?

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#994577 - Thu Jul 04 2013 02:57 PM Re: Brain Twist spelling error [Re: gracious1]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
You can find the quiz on the profile, click on the link, and click "Play Now". However, once you click "Play Now", you get a message that says something like "This quiz is being used in Brain Twist and can't be played to prevent cheating".

#994589 - Thu Jul 04 2013 03:37 PM Re: Brain Twist spelling error [Re: gracious1]
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
You can make a note of which quiz it is and play it tomorrow, then send the correction note. Meanwhile, I'll see if I can find it.

________

Spanishliz (Editor in Brain Teasers, Geography, Movies and Crosswords)

#994591 - Thu Jul 04 2013 03:45 PM Re: Brain Twist spelling error [Re: gracious1]
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
I just tested, and there is a way of sending a correction directly from BrainTwist.

Click on "Send a Compliment". Select the "Send a Correction" radio button when the write a note page comes up. Write the correction and send. A correction note is sent, and arrives immediately in the place it needs to be for an editor to see it.

[When I played I didn't get the offending quiz, so I'll still have to look for it :)]

[Edit: Done. Thanks.]

_______

Spanishliz (Editor in Brain Teasers, Geography, Movies and Crosswords)

Edited by spanishliz (Thu Jul 04 2013 03:50 PM)
Edit Reason: added result

Moderator:  Terry