Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#992217 - Thu Jun 27 2013 09:28 AM U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers*
themonarch Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Southeastern Connecticut USA
Well another summer and yet another season of "Big Brother" has started last night. One of the twists this year is pretty interesting. Instead of 2 nominees being put up for eviction there will now be 3 nominees put up on the chopping block every week. The third nominee will be picked by the MVP who will be picked by us the fans before the veto competition every week. This should be a fun one and a long one at that going for 3 months this time around. I hope we will get the usual suspects watching and posting along with anyone else willing to chime in.

#994297 - Wed Jul 03 2013 11:54 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
I'm quite torn regarding some players, but overall most of them leave a bad taste in my mouth with their actions and comments.

So far the only player I am pulling for is Howard.

Some players I started to like, then they do or say something which shows a real ugly side of them and I get turned off by them.

I never liked Aaryn or David from the get go.

In regards to surprises I have a feeling Jeremy's mom is going to be a former player, most likely one who played against Rachel, or his mom just had a strong dislike for Rachel during her seasons, Shocker.

Jeremy has had been in attack mode twoards Elissa from the get go and it has to come from somewhere.

#994578 - Thu Jul 04 2013 02:59 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
StarfishTwo Online   sick

Loc: Oak Ridge Tennessee USA      
I very much like the MVP twist, even though it was obviously created in order to help Elissa. I'm hoping they do this every year. I have long been a proponent for the show allowing America to have more input into the "plot". With the exception of performance-voting shows like American Idol, Big Brother is the only show that is filmed at the same time it is aired, giving them an ideal platform to allow America input into the game, and I think it's a shame to miss that opportunity. Voting for what the have-nots eat and who gets a phone call from home really doesn't offer much opportunity to truly affect the game. America's Player in Season 8 was a great way for us to really affect the game and we used it to its full potential, even punishing America's Player when he didn't do our bidding!

It's true that there are a larger number of unlikeable players this year. They were unlikeable at the beginning, and have become even more unlikeable as time has gone on. I'm sure everyone has seen the racist brouhaha that's in the media, even though it's not being shown on the show. The Bieber Fever alliance of Aaryn, Jeremy, Kaitlin, Jessie, GinaMarie, and formerly David is almost intolerable to watch. Sometimes I wonder if these people know they're on TV.

Howard, so far, is flying way under the radar, although he hasn't done much game playing. He's a member of the Moving Company alliance but appears from the outside to be a floater. Judd, who has no formal alliances at all, has proven to be a real sweetheart of a guy who is kind and friendly to everyone. Neither Howard nor Judd has ever been mentioned as a possibility for nomination, by either side of the house, or has even had a bad word said about them, to the best of my knowledge. They could not be more under the radar.

Some things that have happened in the house that weren't addressed on the show:

Since the minute the feeds went live, Elissa has been ostracized by most of the house. People on both sides of the house have been told by other alliance members not to talk to her. (Some of the houseguests have alluded to her causing a lot of drama during the first few days, but this was before the feeds went up and it wasn't addressed on the show, so we have no way to know what exactly happened during that time period.) Being such an outcast appears to have gotten her the support of all the people who like to root for the underdog, in addition to her already built-in support of Rachel fans aka the Brenchel Army.

It was assumed by everyone that Elissa would be first to go until Amanda and McCrae got the idea to save her so they can control her MVP vote, which they believe she'll get every week. Amanda and McCrae were solely responsible for orchestrating the plan to save Elissa and blindside the Bieber Fever crew. It looked a bit like it was Spencer's idea on last night's show, and Spencer had nothing to do with it, other than his vote.

Jeremy took Elissa's hat and stuck it down his pants and rubbed it on his butt. He got in trouble for this in the Diary Room, and the hat was sent to be dry cleaned. If Elissa wants to buy a new hat, the money will be taken out of his stipend.

In another Hat-gate, Spencer told Aaryn that the brim of her straw cowboy hat was bent because Candice sat on it. Aaryn accused Candice and the girls have been arguing about this for days. Spencer was only joking when he said it, but has yet to come clean, despite all the arguing. And Aaryn has never told Candice who told her that.

#994631 - Thu Jul 04 2013 08:14 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
themonarch Offline
Mainstay

I can't stand the Bieber fever alliance as well except for David who I thought was hilarious I almost didn't want to see him leave, almost. I do feel bad for Elissa and it only shows how insecure the rest of the house is at their own game for them to just gang after one target just because she is related to a former player. It would be cool at least for 1 week to see how it goes, have the viewing audience decide who gets evicted. The HOH will still nominate and there will still be a veto but at the end of the day America actually votes the person out. I think that would be a real interesting twist. I tend to agree with both of you, not too many likeable people so far except for Elissa but that's more sympathy than anything else.

#996156 - Fri Jul 12 2013 08:58 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
Big week in the house and a big eviction day.

There may be a players that aren't going to win many competitions but there aren't many floaters in this group. Almost everyone is talking strategy and figuring out nonsense from the truth more often than not.

Jessie, Kaitlan and Gina Marie are the only two true floaters I see.

Elissa is able to float as well because of the MVP right now.

Judd and Candice are borderline floaters, while Spencer and Howard are going to need to change their games up now from purposely floating to either totally floating or playing more intense.

For me, the sooner Aaryn, Jeremy and Spencer are out right now the better.

#996267 - Sat Jul 13 2013 09:43 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
My man Howard is messing himself up real bad by trying to say he wasn't in the Moving Company, when everyone now knows about and who was in the MC. I still think he is a good guy but this fatal flaw in his social game could be it for him.

#996296 - Sat Jul 13 2013 11:17 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]

I don't know what the heck Howard has been thinking, but his gameplay isn't doing him any favors with the rest of the house. He straight up lied to Helen about it when she asked him point blank, which was really stupid because she already knew. He did finally come clean with everyone, but the fact that he voted out Elissa instead of Nick and then was the last MC member to come clean has made him appear very sketchy to the entire house. I think it's going to be really hard for anyone to trust him.

This week seemed like Last Week, Part 2: Elissa is on the block and is presumed to go, but there's a big flip-flop in the house and one side of the house is blindsided on eviction night. The show made it look like Helen was the mastermind, but I'd give the credit to Judd, who secured Jessie's vote, and Amanda, who got her showmance to vote one of his alliance members out (albeit along with a lot of help from Production).

So, two evictions ~ *both* nominees of the MVP. It struck me this week how much the power of HOH has diminished. You can now be HOH and still have one of your alliance members go home. If a large alliance has the MVP nominee, they don't even need to win HOH! They can just sit back and pick the other side off, since they have the MVP nom and the numbers. Which may lead to a boring season.

#996311 - Sat Jul 13 2013 11:56 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
Week 2 definitely seemed like Elissa was going to go, I think the first week the HoH, McRae, used Elissa to keep the blood off of his hands, as Helen is going to do this week if she can.

Amanda sticking like glue to McRae really allowed the rest of the house to not become overwhelmed by the MC, along with Spencer spinning too many lies to make others look bad, and finally Helen and the rest of the current group in power seeing through the lies and sniffing out that there was a boy alliance somewhere.

The HoH this year can't just decree who they want to be voted out each week and scare the rest of the house in line, they will have to work with the MVP and campaign to get people evicted.

I'm crossing my fingers that Helen doesn't go the personal route with who she wants to evict this week and sticks to pushing for Jeremy or Aaryn to go home, or at worst Kaitlan.

Edit to add.

This is starting to look like the season of unnecessary lies that are easy to find out the truth about and could have way bigger consequences than what could be gained.

This also seems like an every person for themselves season, which could prove very interesting.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Sat Jul 13 2013 12:16 PM)

#998307 - Wed Jul 24 2013 03:41 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]

My feelings about certain houseguests have really changed over the last couple of weeks. I tried to like Elissa, I really did, but after watching her on the feeds, I just can't. She seems to have such a feeling of entitlement after being MVP every week and is so self-absorbed she can't seem to understand what anyone is saying to her. Andy referred to her as a malfunctioning robot the other day, and that's exactly what she seems like. She keeps saying the same thing over and over, no matter what the input from the other person might be. Andy, on the other hand, has moved up on my list. He was really getting on my nerves the first couple of weeks, as he's overly agreeable in every conversation he's in, and he seems to be in every conversation! No matter where you go in the house, Andy is there. I think there may be several copies of him. But his being part of everything that happens in the house has put him in a great position in the game, and at this point, he's playing one of the best games in the house.

Howard is getting a great edit on the show, but I don't like him at all. When he isn't being boring on the feeds, he's saying something defensive and immature. In game conversations, he is the epitome of "sketchy". Candice had great potential in the beginning ~ she was *this close* to figuring out there was an all-guy alliance before anyone else ~ but now she's uber-focused on her showmance with Howard and isn't really playing much of a game anymore.

McCrae was another one who had great potential. He still puts his two cents in, but he's completely overshadowed by Amanda, who is playing a bit too hard and starting to get on everyone's radar. I like her feistiness, and she's fun to watch on the feeds, but I'm not sure her gonads to the wall gaming is translating into a good game.

I'm tired of the racism storyline, but the show hasn't gotten this much publicity in years, if ever. I just don't want them to milk it for the rest of the season. And I'm tired of Elissa being MVP every week, so I'm glad they let America have a shot at it.

#998593 - Thu Jul 25 2013 05:39 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
I have to agree with you, and Andy, that Elissa's circuit boards are fried, her unnecessary mean girl attacks at Amanda and her "Truth" finding mission that blew the whole house up and did the impossible, make Aaryn look good, have put her on the top of the must get out list.

Tonight should be a pivotal HoH with power shifting implications, but you never know.

I'm looking forward to tonight’s HoH competition.

I think this house has the smartest players in a long time, who are able to see the alliances that are trying to be secret and Andy is the ultimate mole for the Super Friends.

#998640 - Fri Jul 26 2013 05:43 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
I think they gave Elissa a really, really, good edit regarding the storm she caused that had most of the house all together to discuss it.

I am not happy that Aaryn won HoH, but it's going to make for an interesting week for all the houseguests and Elissa might just lose it completely and will probably throw viscious venom in all directions.

#999448 - Wed Jul 31 2013 05:22 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
Howard is in trouble this week and I'm wondering if they are going to go for a double eviction this or next week setting up those left in the house after next Thursday for jury.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Wed Jul 31 2013 05:25 AM)

#1001280 - Thu Aug 08 2013 06:13 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
America annoys me so much with their distaste of Amanda over all others.

Amanda is definitely a Jeckyll & Hydde personality that is getting a bad edit by CBS.

Once in a arguement she's all in, it's win or lose with her, and the riff raff are always looking to poke at her and drag her in, she is very proactive about her safety to a bit of a fault and she is strong with her opinions and agressive, which is being twisted as bullying. I will admit she does say stupid and ignorant things while in most arguements, I also think she, as well as Helen, have made the strongest personal connections with others in the house.

I didn't know how big of a floater McRae has become until this week and how he's all about himself, he will learn if Amanda goes he will be an easy pick off, he is starting to bug me, Spencer has always bugged me as he floats along, without MVP Elissa hasn't only floated she is scuba diving and you barely know she's in the house. I don't even want to get into the pampered brat Jessie is coming as and she bothers me the most right now.

People say the Super Friends season is boring, I that is misleading because they made the huge moves early in the game and remarkably haven't fractured yet. By BB standards I think the 7 are unique in that sense and are to be applauded, especially since they are out in the open with most of it. No one can break them, that shows how good, or lucky, they were to so early in the game pick the solid 5 and pick up Judd and Jessie soon after. They also haven't tried to make that "Big MoveM too early which has doomed people in the past. While this middle portion is boring watching them pick offthe others, the first few weeks was one of the best starts and the tension that is setting up for the final weeks as the big players in the house will have to go after each other once in jury is great and while this group isn't the strongest or most athletic they are rather evenly matched for the final push.

Tonight is looking good, i might actually watch it live and put up with commercials i usually skip over on DVR.

Adding that Helen and Amanda are an awesome Good Cop Bad Cop duo.

The biggest twist they could throw into tonight's episode is rather than do a whole night of Evict, HoH, Veto, Evict, HoH, would be to tell them at start of the hour that both the person with most votes to evict and the person with 2nd most votes to evict would both be evicted, then give them a half hour or twenty minutes to break from the couches and decide what they want to do as the audience watches the strategizing live.

Or they skip the bogus half hour HoH reign by leaving the 2 who don't get evicted up there and go straight to picking 4 people for a Veto competition, play that live and if a nominee wins Veto they pick the replacement, they evict the 2nd person then do the new HoH competition.

That was the oddest 2nd eviction, the Goof Troop trades Judd for Spencer and sadly Jessie stayed. It looks like Judd had a huge anger moment and in a flash he was number 2 to go to jury. Aaryn has won 3 HoHs now, dislikable girl, good player.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Thu Aug 08 2013 08:04 PM)

#1001485 - Thu Aug 08 2013 08:21 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
Johnsnow Offline
Participant

Loc: Arkansas USA
What the hell just happened. While I don't watch BB 24/7, I have been paying attention all season. Aaryn should have been gone long ago. Judd has been nothing but cordial. I like Jesse, but don't care for the high school antics Amanda portrays. Everybody wants to talk about race, but nobody does nothing. Either put up or shut up about that topic. You cant have fools say derogatory things, then praise them. I had high hopes for this BB. My wive quit watching 2 ago, and now I cant blame her. These people are idiots, and we are all more dumber for listening to that conversation. I'm done. Till next week...

Edited by Johnsnow (Thu Aug 08 2013 08:22 PM)

#1001488 - Thu Aug 08 2013 08:47 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
themonarch Offline
Mainstay

It's very obvious the house is run by 2 people and they had 2 chances to get rid of the more annoying and intimidating one a la Amanda. Other than Amanda and the true mastermind Helen, everyone else in the house are just mere lemmings who will blindly do whatever they say. I can not stand Aaryn as a person but I was hoping she was going to pull off something interesting during the double eviction episode but alas she gave in to Helen's wishes and get rid of Judd!? I was laughing like crazy when everyone got rid of him thinking that he was the true puppet master. I didn't care that Candace was evicted but that was another person who I thought could have done some big moves. She knew about The Moving Company before anyone else and she was also aware of Amanda and Helen's influence over the house. But she took things too personally and isolated herself from herself with her tirades against certain people, Aaryn and GinaMarie who did deserve it after what they said and did to her. If she was able to keep her head high and approached Spencer, Jessie, and Howard last week and if Andy wasn't such a spineless weasel, we may be having a different conversation. At this rate I see Helen and Amanda as the only 2 people who deserve to win this at all.

#1004635 - Mon Aug 19 2013 03:06 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
With Helen and Elissa on the block the first big shot has been fired.

If Helen survives this week she'll be out for blood next week.

What effect will the returning Jury Member have on the house and will that person make it more than a week?

I think the returning houseguest would have to win the Veto to stay, or the winner of the Jury Member competition would have to end up as HoH.

I'm just picturing Judd coming back as HoH and the scramble that would follow.

I don't even want to think of the havoc Candice or Jessie coming back in the house, especially if they get HoH, would cause.

Helen or Elissa getting evicted then coming right back as HoH would make for good T.V.

My nightmare scenario would be Jessie comes back and her, Elissa and Gina Marie are the final 3 and spend 2 weeks making backhanded comments at each other, or fronthanded in GM's case.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Tue Aug 20 2013 06:21 AM)

#1005306 - Wed Aug 21 2013 11:14 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]

I kinda see why so many of the fans hate Amanda ~ she's bossy and loud and says a lot of crappy things ~ but I can't help rooting for her, since she and Helen really have been running this house. They are the only 2 that I think deserve to win in the end ~ so far. I was really shocked at America choosing Amanda as their nominee 2 weeks in a row, after all the bad editing and bad press that Aaryn has gotten. Aaryn has gotten a much worse edit that Amanda, so I was shocked that America voted Amanda.

So the jury will be competing to come back in the house this week. It's funny, but traditionally the winner of these sorts of competitions is the person who will cause the most drama and best TV. Because he was so blindsided at the double eviction, I think Judd would cause the most drama. Although considering all the favoritism CBS has shown toward Elissa this year, the producers might prefer that Helen "return". It will be difficult for whoever returns to stay more than a week. Some of the houseguests have suggested having a house meeting to get everyone to agree that whoever comes back from jury is evicted next week. It would be a "free week" for everyone currently in the house, unanimously agreeing on who to evict.

#1005947 - Sat Aug 24 2013 05:52 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
Was Ellisa playing possum and hiding behind Helen's protection?

I know the writer's strike Winter/Spring season of Big Brother was the lewdist, but I think this season has to be the crudest I can remember and that part of it, not the gameplay, which is much more chess like by many players than other seasons and I've enjoyed, is starting to turn me off.

#1007464 - Thu Aug 29 2013 05:31 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
I fear that the conclusion to this season will be subtitled "Rise of the Floaters"

and as much as she thinks she is a mastermind, Elissa will go out the house in 2 weeks, surrounded by Amanda and McCrae being evicted. What a final4 that would leave.

#1007615 - Thu Aug 29 2013 03:58 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
Elissa's coaching of Aaryn today on how to deal with the response to Aaryn's awful comments is disturbing to say the least.

If she just tried to help is one thing but to try and put the blame for something that awful onto someone it doesn't belong is beneath a lot of human standards.

The person she wants Aaryn to blame is no saint and will have to deal with her own actions but the person doesn't deserve to be connected to Aaryn's horrible actions too.

Even if it's a ploy to get the other person to get themself evicted or self evict, it's the lowest of the low.

#1007743 - Fri Aug 30 2013 11:57 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
This season is showing shadows of BB 11.

Andy = Jeff
Spencer = Jordan
Gina Marie = Natalie
Judd = Kevin
McCrae = Michelle
Amanda = Russell
Elissa = Lydia/Cheema combo

Congratulations Spencer

#1009083 - Thu Sep 05 2013 07:59 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
Worst case scenario ever.

The "Rise of the Floaters" has come to pass.

The "Leftovers" last second alliance makes me so dissapointed in this season.

#1009101 - Thu Sep 05 2013 09:17 PM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
themonarch Offline
Mainstay

Well this season has lost all of my interest now, no one left deserving to win and I don't think they'll be anymore drama to make things interesting. I got Andy for the win, everyone trusts him and he's likeable for the jury votes a very dangerous combination. The last person who knew about his shady ways was evicted tonight with Elissa. This is one of the few seasons where I wasn't really rooting for anyone or even liked personally. I'm recording "After Dark" anyway tonight for some reactions but I'm not expecting much. Just imagine what the show would've been like without MVP, I don't think there would've been as many parasites left kind of an ironic name for The Exterminators huh?

#1009413 - Sat Sep 07 2013 07:26 AM Re: U.S. "Big Brother 15" *Spoilers* [Re: themonarch]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
I couldn't agree more with irony of the new alliance name, I think of them as the "Leftovers". While complete underdogs, they aren't the ones I could root for.

As much as I have a strong distate for his latest move, the key to this year has been the information Andy was able to gather from the whole house. I have to respect his timing, but I don't respect his final choice.

If Andy stops talking to you, especially about game, your done.

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong