Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#995630 - Tue Jul 09 2013 10:14 PM Achievement: Global Challenge badge
HairyBear Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
I went back five pages and didn't see this one discussed, so I'll ask. When the Achievement: Global Challenge badge was created, did previous 9th level players NOT get it? I have reached the Geniuses before, as noted on my profile page, but the badge did not exist then, and I do not have it now. Should I?

#995635 - Tue Jul 09 2013 10:42 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
From what I recall the badge was not retroactive. I was in the same position as you, and I'm pretty sure I had to reach level 9 again to get the badge.

#995638 - Tue Jul 09 2013 11:02 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
HairyBear Offline
Enthusiast

Okie dokie

#995640 - Tue Jul 09 2013 11:14 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
It was funny, because some immortal winners never won the level nine achievement because of it. Lol

Editor: Video Games, Entertainment

#995646 - Tue Jul 09 2013 11:41 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
There's nothing to stop them from playing again and stopping on Level 9, though, is there?

#995653 - Wed Jul 10 2013 02:42 AM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
The Achievement was never retroactive, so past Genius/Immortal players will have to make it through the course again. They'll get it upon making Genius once more.

#995667 - Wed Jul 10 2013 07:33 AM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
No, nothing is stopping them, Liz, but some are inactive now, so its funny when one stumbles across an immortal who doesn't have the achievement badge and whose highest division is 3. :P

Editor: Video Games, Entertainment

#995830 - Wed Jul 10 2013 04:34 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
HairyBear Offline
Enthusiast

I thought Immortals had to play HC mode. But I see the top of the "normal" list now dominated by Immortals. (Sorry, it's been 5 years since I played, so I have a bunch of questions.) On the top scorers page yesterday, I was in 68th while my teammate was in 32nd, but on the team page, I was in 5th and he was in 6th. Meanwhile, on the division page, it said I was in 45th place, not 68th, and no one had graduated out of 2nd division yet. What gives?

#995832 - Wed Jul 10 2013 04:53 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Top scorers is for just the latest game while the division page and team page are cumulative. Also, for top scorers, only your raw score (the 6 question sets) without any bonuses counts while the cumulative pages take into account asterisk bonuses and the Brain Twist.

Immortrals don't have to play Hardcore, but if they play normal again, they can't win any extra badges.

#996201 - Fri Jul 12 2013 01:11 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
HairyBear Offline
Enthusiast

Not the section I was referring to. But since I'm no longer in the top 100, I can't point out the problem.

Speaking of not being in the top 100, how about a chart or table like the top 100 or team or division chart for those of us not in the top 100 that shows where we are in the middle of the chart with our actual rank number and the 49 people in front of us and the 50 people behind us or something like that? (Or a half or a quarter of that size.) The number of where we are in the division is a hint, but once people start graduating out of the division, our actual rank number becomes a mystery.

#996206 - Fri Jul 12 2013 01:29 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
postcards2go Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York City USA
Originally Posted By: HairyBear
...but once people start graduating out of the division, our actual rank number becomes a mystery.

Not such a mystery. If you are shown as ranking xx in your division, you can look to see how many have graduated out, and add the two numbers. For instance, if you are shown as 21st in your division, and 20 people have graduated, you are 41st, overall.

#996224 - Fri Jul 12 2013 02:38 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Speaking of not being in the top 100, how about a chart or table like the top 100 or team or division chart for those of us not in the top 100 that shows where we are in the middle of the chart with our actual rank number and the 49 people in front of us and the 50 people behind us or something like that?

Your numeric placement in your division can be found in the top paragraph (Division Progress) of your Global Challenge "My Stats" page. There is also an accompanying bar progress indicator of your advancement through that stage.

http://www.funtrivia.com/minigame/mystats.cfm

Edited by mehaul (Fri Jul 12 2013 02:41 PM)

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#996229 - Fri Jul 12 2013 04:25 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
HairyBear Offline
Enthusiast

And if you're not in the 2nd highest division? Or if it's been more than 24 hours since people started graduating out of that division? Frankly it amazes and insults me that you don't think I can see the statistics that ARE available when I ask for a new statistic.

Right now it's showing me as 85th on the My Stats page but 74th on the Top 100 players page. The 60 minute refresh thing causing that? No one else on my team is on the top 100 players page right now so I can't see if the same issue is recurring.

#996235 - Fri Jul 12 2013 05:32 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
TimBentley Offline
Explorer

Loc: Indiana USA
And if you're not in the 2nd highest division? Or if it's been more than 24 hours since people started graduating out of that division? Frankly it amazes and insults me that you don't think I can see the statistics that ARE available when I ask for a new statistic.

Combining http://www.funtrivia.com/minigame/graduates.cfm and the "my stats" page should give you some of what you're looking for.

Quote:
Right now it's showing me as 85th on the My Stats page but 74th on the Top 100 players page. The 60 minute refresh thing causing that? No one else on my team is on the top 100 players page right now so I can't see if the same issue is recurring.

In addition to that, there are some hardcore players with more points than you, that don't appear on that top 100 list.

Edited by TimBentley (Fri Jul 12 2013 05:33 PM)

#996368 - Sat Jul 13 2013 02:17 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: TimBentley]
gracious1 Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: TimBentley

Combining http://www.funtrivia.com/minigame/graduates.cfm and the "my stats" page should give you some of what you're looking for.

Wow. Where did you find that page? Another one to bookmark! cool

#996378 - Sat Jul 13 2013 04:53 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: gracious1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: gracious1
Originally Posted By: TimBentley

Wow. Where did you find that page? Another one to bookmark! cool

Global Stats >Today's Trivia Heroes! (2nd box down) > Most Recent Graduates (bottom link in box)

#997087 - Wed Jul 17 2013 06:51 PM Re: Achievement: Global Challenge badge [Re: HairyBear]
HairyBear Offline
Enthusiast

"In addition to that, there are some hardcore players with more points than you, that don't appear on that top 100 list."

Now THAT makes sense.

I still think a personalized bar graph page with the player in the middle is a good idea.

Moderator:  Terry