Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#997088 - Wed Jul 17 2013 07:00 PM Page Missing from FITB
HairyBear Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA
When you click on Last Hour's Scores on Fill Me In, there's no page for Champions, and the "All" selection doesn't include the champions. I can override the latter by entering 1000 in the address bar instead of 200, but I'm not sure how to access the Champions page by itself (if it exists without someone looking at it... which of course the physicists say nothing does).

#997091 - Wed Jul 17 2013 07:10 PM Re: Page Missing from FITB [Re: HairyBear]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I've noticed sometimes it lists the Champion page and sometimes it doesn't. Whether champions are accesable or not seems to be random.

#1001572 - Fri Aug 09 2013 02:34 AM Re: Page Missing from FITB [Re: HairyBear]
HairyBear Offline
Forum Adept

A very minor point, but one that bugs me... the image for Sci/Tech is still upside-down after all these years, and the space shuttle now mothballed for all eternity. If I'm not mistaken, the Sci/Tech category image is the business end of the booster rocket for the space shuttle, and should be pointing down. The metal you see in the background that looks like the roof is actually a far wall, and the apparent curvature of the roof the effect of the fish-eye lens on the far off wall making it look like it narrows as it rises.

Second minor point: why does Religion never show up as a topic in Piece of Cake? There are probably a couple of other topics that don't as well, but Religion sticks out in my mind.

#1001581 - Fri Aug 09 2013 03:01 AM Re: Page Missing from FITB [Re: HairyBear]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
The Sci/Tech image is actually a test setup of rocket engines (likely from the first stage of a Saturn V because it has five engines - a shuttle had three plus the two boosters). It isn't upside down - the engines are anchored in concrete and the whole thing is a hangar of some kind.

#1001582 - Fri Aug 09 2013 03:02 AM Re: Page Missing from FITB [Re: HairyBear]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Originally Posted By: HairyBear
Second minor point: why does Religion never show up as a topic in Piece of Cake? There are probably a couple of other topics that don't as well, but Religion sticks out in my mind.

Religion, Video Games and Brain Teasers don't show up in Cake or Smartest (I think there's another category missing as well).

The reason for Brain Teasers missing is quite simple - most of the questions are fill in the blank, and those that aren't are dependent on previous questions, involve a lot of thinking and don't work well in a timed game where you want to answer a question every 3 or 4 seconds (or even faster in some cases).

Video Games probably doesn't show up because the questions tend to be quite specific (and since only fans of that video game will take a quiz on it, the %ages correct will be higher than they maybe would be otherwise).

As for Religion, I'm not sure.

Edited by AdamM7 (Fri Aug 09 2013 03:02 AM)

~(_8(I)

#1001691 - Fri Aug 09 2013 12:57 PM Re: Page Missing from FITB [Re: HairyBear]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: K-W Ontario Canada
Religion is in Smartest. It played at 4 am and 11 am this morning. You can view the past topics if you go to Winners.

Edited by ssabreman (Fri Aug 09 2013 12:59 PM)

#1001695 - Fri Aug 09 2013 01:59 PM Re: Page Missing from FITB [Re: HairyBear]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Oh, yes, my apologies. I didn't really think particularly hard about whether it was in Smartest - I just assumed the list was the same.

~(_8(I)

#1004087 - Sat Aug 17 2013 02:15 PM Re: Page Missing from FITB [Re: HairyBear]
HairyBear Offline
Forum Adept

Another page missing is the last Top All-rounders page for the Hardcore players in the Global. There's a last round page for the Normal players but not for Hardcore. And even though I've climbed to approximately 75th or so in the Global, I still think my idea of an individualized bar graph ranking page that looks like the Top 100 Player page with the individual in the middle is a good one. Say someone is around #115... he would click on the page and it would show him in the middle at #115 and from say #94 to #114 above him and #116 to #136 below him.

Is there any way to play a specialized category in the Global without it counting, like maybe after I've played my 5+1 games? Some of them sound interesting enough to want to play, but I haven't tried them for fear they're too tough to score close to what I get on a regular basis in my regular categories. I would like to see how I would have done if I had taken them, and maybe learn something, too.

#1004129 - Sat Aug 17 2013 07:07 PM Re: Page Missing from FITB [Re: HairyBear]
TimBentley Offline
Explorer

Loc: Indiana USA
I just noticed that "The Top All Rounders (Normal)" actually includes hardcore players, too.

#1004158 - Sat Aug 17 2013 09:03 PM Re: Page Missing from FITB [Re: HairyBear]
MiraJane Online   confused
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: HairyBear

Is there any way to play a specialized category in the Global without it counting, like maybe after I've played my 5+1 games? Some of them sound interesting enough to want to play, but I haven't tried them for fear they're too tough to score close to what I get on a regular basis in my regular categories. I would like to see how I would have done if I had taken them, and maybe learn something, too.

Or even the regular categories. I tried a few that I normally don't play and found I do pretty good in them.

And... Maybe this should be a new thread.

#1004160 - Sat Aug 17 2013 09:10 PM Re: Page Missing from FITB [Re: HairyBear]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Shows up if you play first, if I remember. I don't play FMI much anymore. Sentimentally, still my fave game. Can't compete for monthlies wins anymore, though. Not enough time/access.

Edited by cubswin2323 (Sat Aug 17 2013 09:10 PM)

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

Moderator:  Terry