Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#99895 - Thu Feb 08 2001 11:27 AM The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: San Diego California USA 
The ART of Flirting: Love's Most Amusing Sport

Hi everyone and welcome to the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band! It's that time of the year again when you see starry eyed couples holding hands, hugging, smooching, and declaring unrequited love. For all you singles out there, this thread is dedicated to all of you (and me) lol.

Let's exchange tips on dating and flirting!

Yes, I said flirting. flirting is a delightful, innocent, and respectful way to play with each other! Flirting is performed and perceived as a kind of compliment, an acknowledgement of the beauty and fun in each of us.

A first date can really be a chore for some us. I remember a quote by Jerry Seinfeld,
Dating is never easy. It's like job interview which lasts all night."

So join the band and add your tips here!

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: JoJo2 ]

#99896 - Thu Feb 08 2001 08:57 PM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
sand Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Mini Soda
Not only do I love the album of mention, I really fit in here in this topic! One of my friends calls Valentine's "Black Day." At least, not being in high school anymore, I don't have to endure the talk of the winter formal dance (which I never attended).

Bring on the flirting tips!

#99897 - Sat Feb 10 2001 01:52 PM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

That's what I say Sand! We need some flirting and dating tips here.

#99898 - Sat Feb 10 2001 05:05 PM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Here's my first tip, ladies. If you go out on the town and want to meet a guy, don't go out in a group. Men seem to view women or girls that hang out in groups as childish. Generally men don't like to approach a woman in a group as it is too much pressure on them. The fear of being turned down is stressful enough, being rejected in front of a group of women is way too much pressure for the average man. So, if you plan to go out, go out with one or two friends at the most. I used to like to go out by myself at times and I always found a man to at least chit chat with. Try it, you may just like it.

#99899 - Sun Mar 04 2001 03:41 PM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

I think I will change the title of this thread to "Tips on Dating and Flirting" as many people are single, enjoy dating, but aren't necessarily lonely. Please add your tips and/or life experiences so that we can all learn from each other.

#99900 - Mon Mar 05 2001 01:03 AM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
Anonymous
No longer registered

Ok, I've got some:

1-Add alcohol. A person is always charming, witty and humorous while drinking (at least they think they are!)

2-Don't bring your parents, children or spouse when you hit the town.

3-Always have a friend with you. They calm you down. They also inform you of things you need to know: "there's toilet paper on you shoe!" "you're coming onto a statue!" "he's gay!"
This tip is especially important if tip #1 is also used.

4-Whatever you do, do not mention the things (sometimes obscene) that you did in high school. That gives the other person too much insight and sometimes too many fantansies!

5-Don't giggle! Somewhere along the lines women thought it was 'cute' to giggle. Let me clear the air right now, it is not! Laugh if something is funny. The only time giggling is acceptable is if you've had way too much of #1, and you are not really sure what's going on. The person associated with tip #2 will let you know if you've reached this point.

6-If you are eating, do not order a salad. You know you want food, get food. Hell, if he is paying, get enough for a doggy bag.

7-Always flirt with someone that you will not run into the next day. I say this because chances are you aren't gonna remember what you said, and secondly, if they are interested, they should not be exposed to the morning after party look. Actually, no one should be exposed to that.

8-Be skeptical. No one is perfect. If you think they are, you are lonelier than I and just wishing. Or, possibly, you've enjoyed one too many spirits. In that case, the friend better be dragging your butt home.

9-Notice things: If the man/woman of your dreams has only one long fingernail, that's not good. I promise he will never have money to spend on you. Or, if the man, adjusts himself more than twice an hour, he has some form of a rash. Do not enter!

10-Lastly, be yourself. Why waste all the energy being someone else to get attention from a complete stranger? Waste that energy on something productive...order another drink!

------------------
Your ridiculous opinion has been noted.

#99901 - Tue Mar 06 2001 12:11 AM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
Anonymous
No longer registered

*stuttering in a meek whisper* Hel--loo *blinks* *blushes as he doesn't get noticed*
Looking foolish quickly turns and walks away.

Just don't do what I do That's about all the advice I can give. :P

#99902 - Tue Mar 06 2001 01:54 AM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
Anonymous
No longer registered

My dear Phellan, I love a man who blushes. That is a natural response and it's very endearing.

#99903 - Wed Mar 07 2001 08:49 AM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Thanks for the great tips, originalcallie!

#99904 - Tue May 15 2001 11:48 PM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

If you are not comforable in flirting, but would like to meet people, I have a tip for you. If you have a pet, go to a park or a beach that allows pets. You will automatically have something in common with the other people there and conversation should be easy for you.

Last Sunday, I brought my rabbit outside on a leash to show one of my neighbors, and a cute guy that was on his balcony came downstairs to see my bunny and pet him, and he stayed for a bit to chit chat with my girlfriend and I.

#99905 - Tue Jul 03 2001 05:43 PM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

20 Ways to Be a Better Flirt

Flirting is an art, and every art takes practice. Here are 20 tips for better flirting that are sure to make you even more irresistible than you already are!

#99906 - Wed Jul 04 2001 10:31 AM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
Anonymous
No longer registered

I have forgotten how to firt, let alone date. Years ago (in my HAY days), I just called everyone Honey so I wouldn't have to remember names in the morning. Now sitting on the washing machine during the spin cycle is about all I can handle. gammab

#99907 - Wed Jul 04 2001 10:51 AM Re: The ART of Flirting and Dating Tips and chat
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Oh gammab, you are a crack up! I can't stop laughing now. I will have to try the spin cycle trick. LOL!

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong