Fashionable paperbag

Posted by: Copago

Fashionable paperbag - Fri Aug 31 2012 05:33 AM

Seen it all now!!

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/would-you-spend-285-on-a-brown-paper-bag-20120831-254c5.html
Posted by: sue943

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Fri Aug 31 2012 06:29 AM

Good grief.
Posted by: Santana2002

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Fri Aug 31 2012 06:29 AM

Madness, utter and disgraceful madness, in my humble opinion!
Posted by: MikeMaster99

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Fri Aug 31 2012 06:37 AM

Isn't that the anonymous avatar from this site?? Does FT get a commission?
Seriously, that's simply outrageous.
Posted by: ren33

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Fri Aug 31 2012 06:39 AM

Clever though, to cash in on the stupidity of some women to buy it.

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Fri Aug 31 2012 06:48 AM

Now it has eyelets, I can see a business opportunity here, I have a gizmo for punching holes and setting eyelets so could do you one for just 100, better still, a bargain at 50!
Posted by: Christinap

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Fri Aug 31 2012 08:09 AM

And to go with Sue's paper bag I am offering a very nice line in jewellery made out of shiny chocolate wrapping paper. No. honestly, eating the chocolate first was no hardship at all.
Posted by: malik24

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Fri Aug 31 2012 08:47 AM

The power of marketing. smile
Posted by: AlexxSchneider

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Fri Aug 31 2012 07:14 PM

I have to admit, if I were a designer, I'd be just as ridiculous, because I know there would be people out there foolish enough to pay the money for it! Okay, maybe I wouldn't actually sell a paper bag (but the eyelets! don't forget the eyelets!) for $300.
Posted by: JaneMarple

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sat Sep 01 2012 12:53 AM

Looks a bit pointless to me laugh I am sure the crafty fingers of Sue, Santana and others could make a much more attractive looking bag! lol
Posted by: Chavs

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sat Sep 01 2012 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Christinap
And to go with Sue's paper bag I am offering a very nice line in jewellery made out of shiny chocolate wrapping paper. No. honestly, eating the chocolate first was no hardship at all.

laugh laugh grin

(I demand photos, please).

Posted by: mehaul

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sat Sep 01 2012 07:13 AM

Just what the paper dresses of the 60s needed as an accessory! Maybe if the clutch came with a spare dress in it...

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sat Sep 01 2012 08:55 AM

I didn't have a paper dress but can certainly remember having paper knickers, very useful for going on holiday, no washing required, just bin them. Whatever happened to those, I haven't seen them in chemists which is where we used to buy them.
Posted by: lesley153

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sat Sep 01 2012 09:02 AM

I had paper knickers too - for the same reason!

I saw them on sale in the hospital shop a couple of years ago, but only in one size - aeroplane size. I asked if they could get other sizes. "That's a good idea. I'll look into it."

They also had them in the hospital, in a selection of sizes, but for their use, not ours. Worth investigating!
Posted by: lesley153

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sat Sep 01 2012 09:05 AM

Yes, loads of results on Amazon. Example: cotton disposable, 6 for a pack of five. Nice to know you don't have to be in hospital to get them. smile
Posted by: ren33

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sat Sep 01 2012 09:29 AM

They sell them here. why didn't you say? Sizes tend towards the Asian though

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sat Sep 01 2012 12:19 PM

I don't WANT any, I just wondered what happened to them.
Posted by: Christinap

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sat Sep 01 2012 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Chavs
Originally Posted By: Christinap

laugh laugh grin

(I demand photos, please).

I'll see what I can do
Posted by: Tizzabelle

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sun Sep 02 2012 07:06 AM

I think I'll flog some paper hats we put on patients before they go for an operation. They come in two colours (white and red), and one size fits all sized heads. I figure $49.99 a hat and I'm in the money! I could even sell them matching knickers but only in the white. laugh

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sun Sep 02 2012 08:52 AM

smile
Posted by: mehaul

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Sun Sep 02 2012 12:00 PM

Mightn't those long bags used for sandwiches (hoagies, subs, grinders, poorboys, etc.) make spiffy socks? A touch of bright magic marker here and there and you could add $50 to a pair.
Posted by: Jazmee27

Re: Fashionable paperbag - Wed Sep 12 2012 08:42 PM

Anything to make some extra cash smile