What would you line up for?

Posted by: Copago

What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 03:56 AM

When the latest iPhone came out there were all sorts of queues of people camping out to be one of the first to get the phone.

Today in Sydney there was a new shop, Top SHop, opening up in Sydney ad there were hundreds of people there to get in early.

I can understand that people camp out for tickets to big sporting events or concerts but I don't get sleeping on streets to get something that is going to be available for a long time.

So have you ever lined up for anything or what would you line up for?

smile
Posted by: playmate1111

Re: What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 04:15 AM

Nothing! I just don't do queues wink
Posted by: sue943

Re: What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 06:43 AM

As a child then teenager I used to queue to get into the cinema.
Posted by: ren33

Re: What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 07:31 AM

Eric Clapton Tickets.
Posted by: rayven80

Re: What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 11:03 AM

I've never really stood in line like that for anything. I can't imagine anything I'd want that badly to camp out hours on end for.
Posted by: Chavs

Re: What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 01:23 PM

I stood in a line for Paul McCartney tickets once. I and 6 others waited all night. Everyone else in the town was intelligent enough just to turn up in the morning.

And I stood in a line with my daughter for the final Harry Potter book. She'd done this before and I just wanted to see what it was like. There were owls to stroke and people doing magic tricks but I thought it was all more of a pain than a joy at the time. She fainted, though, so that added some drama.

Quote:
I don't get sleeping on streets to get something that is going to be available for a long time.

I must admit, it's a little baffling. But in the case of the Harry Potter books, my daughter and her friends wouldn't have been able to sleep knowing that the next story was available and they hadn't read a single word!
Posted by: argus9

Re: What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 01:39 PM

I wouldn't line up for anything. They are opening an Ikea in our city in a little over a month. You would think it's the second coming. I just don't get it. It's a furniture store people!
Posted by: Chavs

Re: What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 02:21 PM

Hmm, no. Can't say I get the IKEA thing either. Or sales queues - too much hassle.

Would you wait for fireworks though? Some people wait for hours to see the biggest displays. I've done that and that's the same thing, just not in a line.
Posted by: golfmom08

Re: What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 06:42 PM

I lined up to see The Hunger Games movie when it came out at midnight! I will line up to see the final Breaking Dawn movie in November! Now, I'm 55 years old an my daughter convinced me to read both of those series of books. I think I was the oldest one in line!
Posted by: agony

Re: What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 07:34 PM

Ren, won tickets to see him once. We'd already bought tiks, too, so had double. The ones we won were way better than the ones we'd bought, so we used them and made some friends very happy with our old ones.
Posted by: satguru

Re: What would you line up for? - Thu Oct 04 2012 08:47 PM

If it's likely to be more than 15 minutes nowadays nothing except the hospital. You can't really pick and choose when you need something checked the same day.
Posted by: mehaul

Re: What would you line up for? - Fri Oct 05 2012 01:16 AM

It's taken a few days of waiting but I finally got to post here!
Posted by: MotherGoose

Re: What would you line up for? - Fri Oct 05 2012 04:28 AM

I would never queue up for something like an iPhone, but I'd keep ren company in the queue for Eric Clapton tickets.
Posted by: JaneMarple

Re: What would you line up for? - Fri Oct 05 2012 05:28 AM

I've never queued up overnight for anything, hard enough in the shops. But, if I had to queue for anything, I can see the appeal of queuing for a Harry Potter book, especailly if their was entertainment provided.
Posted by: ren33

Re: What would you line up for? - Fri Oct 05 2012 06:12 AM

OOOer Agony! What a wonderful win,you lucky little thing!
He has been here twice now and I was first in line at the ticket place
Brilliant show both times. Sorry Carole that he is not here next week when you arrive here! Yay!
Posted by: Jazmee27

Re: What would you line up for? - Sun Oct 14 2012 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: rayven80
I've never really stood in line like that for anything. I can't imagine anything I'd want that badly to camp out hours on end for.

Same here