I'm bored

Posted by: authorspalace

I'm bored - Sat Oct 13 2012 11:51 AM

I'm bored. Is there anybody out there to talk with?
Posted by: sue943

Re: I'm bored - Sat Oct 13 2012 12:06 PM

I can't understand being being bored, there is just so much to do. Apart from this site whjich has masses of quizzes and games, there are books. How can you be bored when you can read a good book? Then there are hobbies galore that you can do.

I can't be doing with boredom, I have no idea how anyone can be bored unless being forced to do something that you hate.
Posted by: postcards2go

Re: I'm bored - Sat Oct 13 2012 01:06 PM

How about contributing to some of the discussions on the Chat Boards?

See how many quizzes you can do in an hour.
Try something you've never done.
Read a book.
Listen to music.
Take a walk.
Call a friend.
Posted by: ren33

Re: I'm bored - Sat Oct 13 2012 08:16 PM

Sorry to be blunt (but that is me). Maybe there is something you can do to help someone else. If you have time to complain you are bored, maybe you need to think of someone who needs help, and do something for them. Offer to shop, garden, wash up for some elderly person? Try it.
Posted by: Bruyere

Re: I'm bored - Sat Oct 13 2012 10:38 PM

I'm afraid my first response was always to give the kid who said it a broom. It usually did the trick.
Posted by: MotherGoose

Re: I'm bored - Sun Oct 14 2012 01:30 AM

When I was young, I never dared tell my mother I was bored. Her response would be to assign some dreadful household chore that I hated (like weeding or scrubbing floors). I learned to shut up and read if there weren't any other kids around to play with.
Posted by: JaneMarple

Re: I'm bored - Sun Oct 14 2012 03:26 AM

Personally, I never got the chance to get "Bored" when I was young - too many things to do. And when my nieces used to spend time at our house, "Bored" was a banned word, they simply weren't allowed to say it.
All the above activities suggested are a sure way to get "un-bored" quickly smile
Posted by: mehaul

Re: I'm bored - Sun Oct 14 2012 04:41 AM

What would you like to talk about?
Posted by: playmate1111

Re: I'm bored - Sun Oct 14 2012 07:41 AM

Come on over, I have a list of jobs for you to do laugh

First you can help in the garden, weeding, mowing, mulching, pruning roses, picking veggies which are ready.

After that, it's "poop scoop" time for you me lad .....

If you still feeling well enough after that, there's the attic to be cleaned out, the junk loaded into the LDV and away you go to the refuse dump and offload it.

Not had enough? Still bored? Well, I can think of hundreds of other jobs you could do wink
Posted by: Jazmee27

Re: I'm bored - Sun Oct 14 2012 08:41 PM

Sorry to be equally blunt, but thatís how Iím becoming these days. When somebody tells me he or she is bored, the first thing out of my mouth is, ďand, what am I supposed to do about that?Ē

When Iím feeling restless/bored, I find something to do so Iím no longer restless/bored. If there are chores that need to be done (and Iím in a mood to deal with them) I do so. Otherwise, I might read a book, or play a game/quiz, or exercise on my exercise bike. I might even take a walk down to the mailbox (it gets me out of the apartment for a few minutes). If Iím not into any of those at the time, I might watch TV, talk on the phone, listen to musicóor, even, play some. I might also have an idea for a story and decide to write it down before it flies away.

I did invite my grandmother over after one of those ďIím boredĒ conversations (sheís one of those who needs plenty of time to think something through, and is loose with the excuses unless the ideaís her own). So now I let her sugtgest a date first, and we talk about whether it will work.

P.S. I could always use someone to help keep the apartment clean (right now, the only one who does that is my motheróon occasion).
Posted by: Chavs

Re: I'm bored - Mon Oct 15 2012 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: authorspalace
I'm bored. Is there anybody out there to talk with?

Next time you're bored come over to the photo threads. I defy anyone to be bored there: http://www.funtrivia.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/828468/1/Hello_October

And maybe add a photo too. smile
Posted by: Copago

Re: I'm bored - Tue Oct 16 2012 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Bruyere
I'm afraid my first response was always to give the kid who said it a broom. It usually did the trick.

I tell mine to go and clean his room - same effect wink