Hey ho my friends

Posted by: Santa_Claus

Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 03:43 AM

Yes, it is that time of year again so before I get completely overwhelmed with my annual workload I thought that it was time to pop into my favourite website to say hello to my friends here.

Have you all been good boys and girls? Good, good, that is what I like to hear.

Right, so barring world peace and the abolishment of illness and disease (am not a miracle worker), what would you like me to bring you this year?

Ho, ho, ho.
Posted by: Santana2002

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 06:12 AM

Hey big guy! Nice to see you around again!

I'd really just like a break in the relentless rush of the everyday, thank you very much! A couple of hours peace to simply hang out without feeling guilty, without worrying about fetching someone here, or delivering someone there, without having to watch the clock, or having mountains of housework to attend to would be total bliss!
Posted by: ren33

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 06:25 AM

Nah! A big bottle of Baileys would do me fine!
Happy Christmas Dear Old Man. Don't overdo it this year. Take care XXXX
Posted by: sue943

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 06:35 AM

Ho, ho, ho to you too!

What do I want for Christmas, how about a nice mild winter? No, I guess that is asking too much, OK, I will settle for some nice photos of the grandchildren, always very welcome.
Posted by: Snowman

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 06:56 AM

Season's greetings Santa. Say hi to my friends when you see them.

Ideally, I'd like a peaceful week without the disturbance of loud railworks 24 hours a day. As that is as difficult to achieve as world peace (apparently), I'll settle for whatever my kids want so that they are happy and smiling smile
Posted by: Lones78

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 08:03 AM

How about a new job for me? I got made redundant a few weeks ago and have enjoyed the enforced 'holiday' but now I'm starting to get bored - I'm not too good at the 'stay at home mum' thing smile
Posted by: jabb5076

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 08:05 AM

Since world peace is probably beyond your capabilities, how about success and happiness for my children and grandchildren?

P.S. See you and Mrs. Claus on the cruise ship in January!
Posted by: ClaraSue

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 09:04 AM

Hey Ho, Santa! You were so nice last Christmas in making sure our family was safe and together through the holidays that I think I'll ask for a repeat.
Posted by: rayven80

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 10:05 AM

Hi Santa,
I'd like some rain and snow. Lots of snow, for the rest of the winter.
I'd like my sister to have positive medical test results.
Common sense worldwide would be nice, as would the winning lotto numbers.
Other than that happiness and a bit of peace would be welcome.

Have a happy season Santa. I know these are only suggestions so whatever you bring is okay with me.
Posted by: Jazmee27

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 02:47 PM

Hey, Santa,
To spend some time with my friend and learn that her surgery went well.
To avoid the annual “holiday dramas.”
Those are just the main ones—but, as always, whatever you bring is fine.
Don’t work too hard.
Posted by: Christinap

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 07:07 PM

Hey Santa, nice of you to pop in.

I'd like everyone I care about to be happy and well

Oh, and if you feel really generous, a win on the lottery wouldn't go amiss either.
Posted by: golfmom08

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 07:57 PM

I could use a winning lottery ticket!
Posted by: dg_dave

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 04 2012 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: rayven80
Common sense worldwide would be nice

Nowadays, this sounds like more than even Santa could handle. frown

Someone I know in the Austin area gets a bit distraught this time of year. Can you send them some happiness for the season? It would make my day to have that happen.

By the way, thanks for the better health for me over the last year! I feel so much better now than I have in quite a long time!
Posted by: ren33

Re: Hey ho my friends - Fri Dec 07 2012 01:18 PM

Q: What is Santa's favourite pizza? A: One that's deep pan, crisp and even...
Posted by: JaneMarple

Re: Hey ho my friends - Fri Dec 07 2012 01:54 PM

laugh Very good Ren - I believe it's Good King Wenseles's too! laugh
I would like Santa to bring all my family and friends the sort of Christmas/holiday they wish for - surrounded by loved ones xxx
Posted by: mehaul

Re: Hey ho my friends - Fri Dec 07 2012 02:21 PM

I hope the Archeologists discover the Mayan Editorial Offices where they were working on the revised calendar.
Posted by: mayneeyak

Re: Hey ho my friends - Sat Dec 08 2012 05:05 PM

eek I'm sorry Santa when last year I caught your beard in the door and then ran around and kicked you in the pants several times. I didn't realize my 'kids' had spiked the milk for you with Jamaican Rum and got a little out of sorts. shocked
Does this mean it's rotten potatoes and coal again in my stocking this year? frown
Posted by: Santa_Claus

Re: Hey ho my friends - Sat Dec 08 2012 06:56 PM

I don't bear a grudge, normally, but cannot condone such behaviour so this year it will be coal and a lemon for you and if there is a repeat of the violence then next year you won't even get that.

Since I had already had a great deal of milk, sherry, whiskey, brandy and fizzypop to drink, spiking my milk with rum had little effect, I am normally well tiddled by the time I reach Canada.

Now you must excuse me, I have much to do and little time to do it.

Bye for now my friends.

Ho, ho, ho.

Re: Hey ho my friends - Sat Dec 08 2012 07:33 PM

And just a note: in 14 days, he'll have been here 10 years in these forums!
Posted by: postcards2go

Re: Hey ho my friends - Sat Dec 08 2012 08:19 PM

Err..

Umm...

Santa, I could really use some Chanukah candles. I thought I had enough, but apparently I don't, and the first have jut been lit tongue
Posted by: sooz888

Re: Hey ho my friends - Wed Dec 12 2012 08:35 AM

Ho Santa,

Nothing so complicated as world harmony and curing all ills for me.. Just the answers to the FT Riddle, Centurion Conundrum and the Code Breaker, please!

Thanking you in anticipation smile

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 25 2012 01:39 PM

Although I got it, I didn't ask for snow! It is the first falling snow on Christmas in Dallas since 1975.
Posted by: sue943

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 25 2012 02:03 PM

And on Christmas Day at that.

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 25 2012 03:56 PM

See above edit.
Posted by: Jazmee27

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 25 2012 05:20 PM

We woke up to a white Christmas... which hasn't happened in... um... let me think...

Much of the time, we just get ice--and maybe a dusting of snow. Rarely on Christmas, though (and it's all melted now, but we're getting a wintery mix tomorrow frown )

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 25 2012 06:19 PM

You'd be more apt to get a white Christmas than me, Jazmee. We had one a couple of years ago when 3" fell on Christmas eve (it took two days to melt).
Posted by: jabb5076

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 25 2012 08:53 PM

We had snow on Christmas Day here in Atlanta two years ago--the first time since the 1880s. This year it's just raining to beat the band.

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 25 2012 10:53 PM

I don't think snow at Christmas will EVER happen in Perth (Australia) frown - we are melting here at the moment with no let up in sight. 40C today and nothing below 38C in the 7-day forecast. Sunday is supposed to be 41C.

I've spent the last 2 days building Lego with my son - it's all done now. My daughter has been singing along with Dora the Explorer and her new toys (we can now all count to 5 in Spanish!) and if I never see another Dora toy again, I won't be disappointed!

Hubby is making the most of the weather - he's not moved from in front of the Playstation since yesterday afternoon!
Posted by: Jakeroo

Re: Hey ho my friends - Tue Dec 25 2012 11:17 PM

If anyone wants snow, give me a ring. I'll happily ship it out, you don't even have to bring your own shovel. Our lighted christmas display animals are almost buried already and largely unidentifiable as to species. Gotta luv that whole global warming thang lol.

dgdave: It took 2 whole days to melt? (giggles) oh dear. Snow doesn't generally "melt" til April here. Whatever we get from November on, we "keep".

Interestingly though, many years ago my parents and my niece once went to California (Disneyland) at Christmas time and it was actually colder there than here. It snowed. People at first though it was a "disney magic" thing (they do that with fake snow quite often). When they discovered it was real, folks were in a panic. My parents merely found it amusing.

Lones: yikes, I can barely stand 28C. But 41??? No, no thanks!
Posted by: Chavs

Re: Hey ho my friends - Wed Dec 26 2012 01:53 AM

I like the snow where it is - near your camera. That way I can enjoy it without any of the drawbacks. Thanks.

Re: Hey ho my friends - Thu Dec 27 2012 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Jakeroo

Lones: yikes, I can barely stand 28C. But 41??? No, no thanks!

They've just upped it to 42C grin

Re: Hey ho my friends - Thu Dec 27 2012 08:37 AM

If I were to see 42°C here today, it'd shatter a record high! That's a mere 28°C.

I'll barely see 42°F today!
Posted by: George95

Re: Hey ho my friends - Thu Dec 27 2012 10:05 AM

Happy birthday, Dave. As a present, come on up here and help me shovel the 10 cm of snow that's already fallen. It's still coming down.

PS: Thank you Santa, snow was on my list. The first snowfall of the year came on Christmas Eve.

Re: Hey ho my friends - Thu Dec 27 2012 10:17 AM

I still have plenty down here, thanks.

Thanks also for the birthday wishes. smilee

Re: Hey ho my friends - Thu Dec 27 2012 07:10 PM

One day, I'll get to see snow. For now, though, the inside of my freezer will have to do!
Posted by: Jakeroo

Re: Hey ho my friends - Fri Jan 04 2013 12:21 AM

Seeing/experiencing snow in person is kinda cool (the first time anyway). After that, the "novelty" wears off in a hurry lol

I know everybody (well those who live in colder climates) likes going to tropical places etc in the winter, but quite frankly the city with the best average yearly temp (for me, because I honestly don't like ridiculous heat) that I've been to (repeatedly) has been San Diego. Always seems to be in the 72F range : )

I've never been to Europe, but I suspect there are many places there like that as well.