What song are you currently listening to? [continued]

Posted by: denni19

What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Sep 12 2008 01:03 AM

We've had almost 400 posts on the initial thread that was started by iPodGrl1016 (not sure she's still around) back in 2006.

So it was about time we lock that one and continue with a new part .

*** Special note: Please do not post ANY links in this thread. *** - Thank you!

The last post in the old thread was Martin_Cube's:
Quote:

Most played song at the moment for me is Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars. I used to hate this band, but this song just does something to me.

So...
What song are YOU currently listening to?
Posted by: ertrum

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Sep 12 2008 08:02 PM

Pat Kilbride's "The Galbally Farmer" is on the player at the moment, right after Steely Dan's "Cousin Dupree" and right before "In the Highway" from the "O Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack.
Posted by: rogue

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Sep 13 2008 09:04 AM

"In The Blood" by Pivot. Australian electronica with some strong guitar work. The album features some of the better synth and guitar interplay I've heard in quite awhile.
Posted by: cydonia325

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Sep 13 2008 10:45 AM

"The Curious Disappearance of the Sky-Ship Thunder-Man" - Bryan Scary & the Shredding Tears

Brian Scary defies classification, so I won't even try. Titles may sound like Flaming Lips tunes, but that's where the similarities end.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Sep 16 2008 02:40 PM

"Black Power" by the Peace. African rock, soul & funk back band from long ago, this from their rare album reissued.
Posted by: Rob3

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Oct 12 2008 08:53 AM

I'm listening to Roy Wood's "All the Way Over the Hill" from his "Boulders" album - well worth searching out!

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Oct 12 2008 10:12 AM

"Partners In Time" by the New York Ska-Jazz Ensemble. From their '06 cd,Skaleidoscope.
Posted by: quogequox

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Oct 21 2008 01:35 PM

I just been listening to Suzanne by Lenard Cohen, an awesome song.
plus I recently got a CD copy of Making Movies by Dire Straits, pure middle of the road FM fodder but boy they are good at it.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Oct 25 2008 12:36 PM

"Mary's Theme" by Laika & the Cosmonauts. This from a compilation of their songs over the past 10 years. Rumor has it this Finnish surf instrumental band is calling it quits. I hope not as they're excellent.
Posted by: ME93

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Oct 25 2008 04:52 PM

Rescue Me by Hawethorne Heights.A really good song that id recommend to people that like alternative/rock music.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Oct 26 2008 09:49 AM

"La Femme Parallel" by Thievery Corporation with vocals by LouLou. Electronica band throws in a nice French track.
Posted by: funnybuni

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Oct 27 2008 11:39 AM

"I saw her standing there" by The Beatles. Classic Cavern Club era...
Posted by: Qmel

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Nov 11 2008 02:54 PM

Band on the Run by Paul McCartney and Wings
Posted by: IngridK1

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Nov 11 2008 04:04 PM

simon and art garfunkel...sounds of silence

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Nov 11 2008 05:02 PM

A mystical folk album by the Children of the Sixth Root Race aka YaHoWa13. This is previously unreleased material they recorded back in the early '70s.
Posted by: Suerreal

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Nov 11 2008 10:17 PM

I have 3 that I'm playing a lot right now.

Jimmie Spheeris "I Am the Mercury"
Coldplay "Viva la Viva"
Sugarland "Already Gone"

- Sue

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Nov 12 2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

I have 3 that I'm playing a lot right now.

Jimmie Spheeris "I Am the Mercury"
Coldplay "Viva la Viva"
Sugarland "Already Gone"

- Sue

I've seen Jimmie Spheeris albums in the record stores for years but never heard him until recently. Very enjoyable singer-songwriter music. Too bad he passed so young but he left behind some great tunes. Hope others get to discover his recordings.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Nov 12 2008 10:16 PM

My college roommate had "Isle of View" and I liked it a lot way back when. I recently rediscovered him, thanks to boomerradio.com.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Dec 14 2008 11:10 AM

"Darkness & Light" by Golden Animals. Male & female duo with the fellow taking care of most of the vocals. Unfortunately he sounds too much like Jim Morrison. She has a good enough voice but only sings back-up and shares vocals on one track, this one I'm listening to. Musically it's blues-rock with a dash of alt-folk. But they should let the lady sing lead at least on half the tracks.
Posted by: The_lioness33

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Dec 15 2008 02:03 AM

Pathetique Sonata by Beethoven, performed by Arthur Rubenstein.
Posted by: Abelee

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Dec 16 2008 08:16 AM

Right now I'm listening a lot of All Saints, mostly the song 'Black Coffee'. It's a great soothing song for the daytime.
Posted by: BurgGurl

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Dec 18 2008 08:25 PM

Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Young Ones
Posted by: avallon

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Dec 19 2008 07:46 PM

Pioneer to The Falls by Interpol

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Dec 20 2008 12:48 PM

"Who" by Castlemusic. Alt-folk, moody & bluesy stuff, from Canada's Jennifer Castle.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Dec 21 2008 01:48 AM

Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Dec 21 2008 11:05 AM

Marvin Gaye's "Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)". Still an amazing track all these years later.
Posted by: nikskrish

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Dec 22 2008 08:43 AM

"Don't Think Twice It's Allright" by Bob Dylan.... Hey rogue!! I love Marvin Gaye and his "What's Going On' album...My favourites are "Mercy, Mercy Me" and "What's Going On".. : )

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Dec 31 2008 10:22 AM

Hey nikskrish, glad to see another fan of Marvin Gaye here.

I'm also listening to Dylan now: "My Back Pages".
Posted by: picqero

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jan 03 2009 10:36 AM

Ring of Fire by the late great Johnnie Cash
Posted by: Jar

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jan 03 2009 04:56 PM

I'm not listening to anything currently. I am, however, incessantly humming, singing,

"I fell into a burning ring of fire,
I went down, down, down and the flames went higher,
And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire
The ring of fire."

Egads! I'll be humming, singing, whistling this tune for the next week now! Picquero -- aarrggh.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Jan 04 2009 07:15 AM

Hey Jar, maybe you're in love
And there's a clue to a question in my Johnny Cash 'San Quentin' quiz.
Today though, another Cash song is my favourite and that's Man In Black in which Johnny describes why he always wears black

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jan 06 2009 04:55 PM

"The Jacket" by First Floor Power. Nice bouncy track off some Swedish new music sampler.
Posted by: Number1Zero

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jan 09 2009 08:06 PM

Feel So Numb - Rob Zombie

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jan 10 2009 10:19 AM

"The Drifter" by Green On Red from Gas Food Lodging, my favorite album of the '80s.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Jan 19 2009 03:44 PM

"Persuasion" by the late great Rory Gallagher from his Duece album.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jan 20 2009 11:49 PM

I can't believe I'm admitting this but Sway, by the Pussycat Dolls. I usually wouldn't listen to them (I object to their style of dancing and their usual style of music) but I dance to this song and can't resist listening to it.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jan 22 2009 03:39 PM

"Sci-Fi Kid" by Blitzen Trapper from the Wild Mountain Nation cd.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jan 22 2009 11:05 PM

Time To Pretend by MGMT.

I know, very overplayed, but it's so catchy, that I cannot stop listening to it.
Posted by: rab58

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Jan 26 2009 09:18 PM

The Runaway by Gentle Giant

Anyone out there ever heard of it? It's 70's British Art Rock. It's being played on SiriusXM Deep Tracks.
Posted by: clipperraider

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jan 27 2009 02:15 AM

Rogue, just saw your Gas Food Lodging shout out. Right on. I'm a huge J Mascis fan. Think I'll break out some Dinosaur Jr. and head straight for "Freakscene".

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jan 27 2009 11:31 PM

Playing "Love Story" and "White Horse" by Taylor Swift back and forth a lot. I'm impressed with the way the two songs with such opposite endings complement each other.

- Sue
Posted by: Dotb

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jan 29 2009 12:06 PM

I used to love Gentle Giant!

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jan 29 2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Rogue, just saw your Gas Food Lodging shout out. Right on. I'm a huge J Mascis fan. Think I'll break out some Dinosaur Jr. and head straight for "Freakscene".

Cool! I like Dinosaur Jr. as well, though it's way too hard to pick a favorite from their releases.

Now listening to the foot stompin', rockabilly-honky tonk sounds of Sean Mencher and the song "Bayou Beauty" from his s/t album.
Posted by: stuthehistoryguy

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jan 31 2009 01:56 AM

"Tomorrow Wendy" - the Concrete Blonde version
Posted by: jmorrow

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Feb 01 2009 12:26 AM

The entire OneRepublic album, in particular "Stop and Stare" and "Apologize" (naturally).

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Feb 04 2009 04:02 PM

Drops of Jupiter - Train

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Feb 09 2009 05:37 AM

After glancing at Cydonia's last post:

Billy Joel, New York State of Mind
Posted by: jordandog

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Feb 09 2009 08:27 AM

Your Armor - Charlotte Martin

(just that kind of mood right now...)
Posted by: Pagiedamon

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Feb 09 2009 01:44 PM

Nine Inch Nails, Closer

(Maybe I shouldn't have admitted that?)

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Feb 09 2009 05:10 PM

"Bela Lugosi's Dead", by Bauhaus. If only I hadn't been nosing around Stu's quizzes...
Posted by: tsunamicharly

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Feb 09 2009 06:31 PM

Always retro when it comes to music. I'm listening to Stardust by Hoagy Carmichael.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Feb 10 2009 01:08 PM

Flashlight - George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic
Posted by: ClaraSue

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Feb 10 2009 02:00 PM

The new singing sensation: Chasing Pavements by Adele

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Feb 10 2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

"Bela Lugosi's Dead", by Bauhaus. If only I hadn't been nosing around Stu's quizzes...

Be...la's...un-dead!
Poor...Be...la!

I'm listening to "Freddie the Freeloader" by the Miles Davis Sextet right now, but your mentioning Lugosi is bringing Lou Reed's "Sword of Damocles" to mind.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Feb 15 2009 10:47 AM

Just finished listening to Dan Auerbach (of the Black Keys) first solo album, Keep It Hid. Now listening to Roy Orbison's rockin' "Mean Little Mama".

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Feb 17 2009 11:28 AM

just starting listening to Good Time - Leroy (funky!)

just finished Between the Rent & Me from Snowden

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Feb 28 2009 10:03 AM

"One By One" by Wilco, from their live album. Excellent song from one of my favorite bands.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Mar 01 2009 07:41 PM

I've had "Gary Come Home" playing in my head for quite awhile since my son watched an episode of SBSP where Gary runs away because S-Bob neglected him. Sad, funny song.
Posted by: Copago

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Mar 01 2009 07:51 PM

Mad World by Gary Jules.
Been one of those songs taht got in my head and just won't get out.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 03 2009 07:27 AM

Thats a good version of that song.
Tears for Fears did the original I think.
"Six Months in a Leaky Boat" Split Enz
Got my hands on Mushroom's Hits of the Eighties. Just waiting for Nude School!
Posted by: bribri_1978

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 03 2009 10:25 AM

Currently i am listening to Hinder and Theory of a Deadman.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Mar 04 2009 08:24 AM

A mixture of Rufus Thomas tunes, some for the first time...
Posted by: rayven80

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Mar 04 2009 12:24 PM

Voltaire's "The last word". It helps after work.
Posted by: papo2228

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Mar 04 2009 03:17 PM

Here's to you Nicola and Bart by Joan Baez and Anniversary Song by Al Jolson.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Mar 04 2009 03:21 PM

Home for a rest - Spirit of the west.
Posted by: sbcorgi

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Mar 05 2009 11:39 AM

I am currently listening to Foxhoven Family Kids Favorites. I love it.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Mar 05 2009 03:43 PM

"Hard Times" by William Elliott Whitmore from his brilliant new album, Animals In The Dark. Blues, folk and some wicked banjo playing.
Posted by: bribri_1978

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Mar 09 2009 11:54 AM

bad girlfriend by theory of a deadman

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Mar 09 2009 08:28 PM

Branford Marsalis: "The Nearness of You"

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 10 2009 03:47 AM

Anything by the Pogues lately

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 10 2009 07:44 AM

Globos "The Beat goes on"!
Posted by: tezza1551

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 10 2009 09:25 PM

Just at this moment.. Bolero (Ravel)
Next song on the compilation is one of several versions of Danny Boy...followed (I think) by Ode to Joy

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Mar 14 2009 09:03 AM

A live version of "Behind the House" by Neko Case. Neko is definitely one of my top want-to-see-in-concert acts.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Mar 14 2009 02:30 PM

"Rippy the Gator" by The Arrogant Worms
Posted by: Pagiedamon

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Mar 20 2009 07:33 PM

"My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Mar 21 2009 09:02 AM

"You've Got Her in Your Pocket" by the White Stripes. From Elephant, which is becoming one of my all-time favorite albums.
Posted by: ysmay

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Mar 21 2009 06:30 PM

"Alone Without You" by the Nightwatchman from One Man Revolution

A little melancholy, but really beautiful.

Y

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Mar 22 2009 02:48 AM

Hey There Delilah - Plain White Ts

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Mar 23 2009 10:10 AM

Love is a First - The Tragically Hip
Posted by: mc_shellsie

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Mar 23 2009 11:09 AM

'Laddie Lie Near Me' - C. Dover

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Mar 23 2009 04:33 PM

"Closer" - NIN
Posted by: poneke

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 24 2009 04:31 AM

"Let it Rock" - Kevin Rudolf

It's stuck in my head, but at least it's a song that I like;-)

"And you take your time
And you do your crime
Well you made your bed
I’m in mine

Because when I arrive
I, I bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher..."

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Mar 25 2009 02:58 PM

"In Another Life" by Kyle Vincent. Power pop that borders on being MOR FM pop but I like it regardless.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Mar 25 2009 07:17 PM

"Sugar" - The Respectables

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Mar 28 2009 10:22 AM

A surf instrumental version of "Falling", the theme from Twin Peaks, by You Fellows of All Souls.
Posted by: ren33

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Mar 29 2009 12:16 AM

'Frank Mills' from Hair
Now I can't get it out of my head!
Posted by: tezza1551

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Mar 29 2009 11:03 PM

Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.... and the next is KD Lang's version of same.. after that, I have an album by the Pigrams (Broome band)...

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 31 2009 12:51 PM

"Rock 'N' Roll Napalm" by the Resistoleros from the latest cd in Little Steven's Coolest Songs in the World series. Real nice way to discover new garage music from around the world.
Posted by: Oink101

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 31 2009 07:26 PM

Deliver Us From Evil... by Bullet For My Valentine.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Apr 03 2009 07:26 PM

"Linus and Lucy" - Vince Guaraldi

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Apr 04 2009 03:45 PM

"Stand by Me" with Roger Ridley, and I particularly like the old guy with white beard in the song's video.

** Picqero, I am sorry to do this but in this thread we do not allow any links, just the title of the song and the artist.
If you give enough 'clues' , those interested to see/hear more will look up the video for themselves. I have removed other links before so please don't take it personally. I took the liberty to edit your post - hope you'll forgive me.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Apr 04 2009 04:30 PM

What a great video, picqero! I loved it!! Thanks for sharing and I will now just have to send this to everyone I know.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Apr 05 2009 10:39 AM

"Drift Away" the original version, followed by some Metallica and now "Psychosocial".

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Apr 16 2009 02:24 PM

"In a Flash" by the Gilligans from My Name Is Willy. Crunchy power pop that recalls the Lolas and the Rubinoos. Very nice stuff.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Apr 21 2009 01:30 PM

A Cover of "I'm Not Your Stepping Stone" by the Pivots from this wicked cool, mostly all-girl garage band comp called Destroy That Boy- More Girls With Guitars.
Posted by: doublemm

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Apr 21 2009 01:35 PM

Chasing Cars in a GREAT song!

I just finished listening to Malaguena Salerosa, and La Roux "In for the Kill" has jsut come on.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Apr 22 2009 01:06 PM

For some reason, Lady Ga Ga's "Poker Face" has been getting some rotation in my iPod - I'm not usually really fond of pop, but I like this piece.

Y

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Apr 23 2009 11:31 AM

Landon Pigg - Falling In Love In A Coffee Shop,

After reading the above post I tried to find that song on my iPod but when I couldn't I had to listen to LoveGame from Lady GaGa instead.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Apr 23 2009 01:12 PM

LOL, my husband heard Poker Face on the radio a couple of weeks ago and has decided that he likes it so had me download to his iPod yesterday. What I find so funny about that is he's in his mid-50's! Not something he usually listens to.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Apr 24 2009 06:58 AM

I have been listening to Brian Regan again. He gets lots of airtime between my son and now myself again. He is just so hilarious, I still crack up even though I've heard it all before a hundred times. I plan on getting his newest show on dvd for someone for Christmas this year, but listening in the car during road trips is the most fun. Anyone else a fan?

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Apr 24 2009 02:45 PM

Definitely! Brian Regan is one of my all favorites. Kathleen Madigan is up there at the top, too.
Posted by: Triviaballer

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Apr 24 2009 03:04 PM

"What I've Done" by Linkin Park has been on my iTunes playlist quite frequently the past two weeks.
Posted by: Anton

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Apr 24 2009 03:05 PM

Golden Earring - Radar Love

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Apr 30 2009 08:18 PM

Do Ya by ELO

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat May 02 2009 11:51 AM

"Cloudbusting" by Kate Bush

Is that more or less surprising than Anton listening to Golden Earring?
Posted by: neffy66

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue May 05 2009 01:54 PM

Currently can't get enough of Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed May 06 2009 06:02 AM

All Summer Long by Kid Rock, it's playing on the radio in my son's room.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed May 06 2009 06:43 PM

Ooh - I love that Kid Rock song! That's a great album overall!

Currently - Carolina Liar's "Show Me What I'm Looking For"

Y
Posted by: headroom

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu May 07 2009 07:46 PM

"I Represent Hip-Hop" by Mr. Goodness

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri May 08 2009 04:35 PM

"Blame It" by Jamie Foxx.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri May 08 2009 05:08 PM

Skid Row - 18 and Life

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat May 09 2009 01:45 PM

"The Mountain King Pt I & II" by Sahara from Krautrock- Music for your Brain Vol.3. A collection of great German psych & prog.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat May 09 2009 02:34 PM

Slayer - War Ensemble

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat May 09 2009 04:49 PM

Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun May 10 2009 09:11 AM

"Memphis Flu" by the Felice Brothers from their new release, Yonder is the Clock.
Posted by: headroom

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri May 15 2009 10:17 AM

over on Rock the Dash listening to "Descent" by BRDLWN.
Posted by: axelsonfire

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed May 20 2009 10:18 AM

Seven Year Ache - Roseanne Cash
Posted by: doublemm

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed May 20 2009 10:26 AM

Iris by Goo Goo Dolls.
What a very, very good song.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed May 27 2009 02:40 PM

"Carolyn (The Pledge Drive)" by J.P. Cregan from the Man Overboard cd. This song sounds like a roots rock Nick Lowe, and most the album is in the roots rock/power pop vein. Great stuff.
Posted by: fredsixties

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat May 30 2009 07:51 PM

Short People-Randy Newman. Ha ha ha :-)

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat May 30 2009 08:10 PM

Slayer - Angel of Death

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat May 30 2009 08:37 PM

Glory Days-Springsteen

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun May 31 2009 06:50 AM

Careless Whisper by Seether. Another cover that I like as well as the original.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun May 31 2009 10:43 AM

"Getting away with murder" by Papa Roach.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jun 05 2009 11:29 AM

"Jupiter" by the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble. Jazz band with influences from Sun Ra to the Dirty Dozen Brass Band to funk & hip-hop. Excellent stuff.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jun 05 2009 01:05 PM

Pantera - Cemetery Gates

I still miss you Dimes.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jun 06 2009 09:48 AM

Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash

"I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die."

Remember that next time you send me a snarky correction notice.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jun 06 2009 06:47 PM

Carribean Queen by Billy Ocean!

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jun 06 2009 07:47 PM

Macho Man by the Village People
Posted by: themonarch

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jun 06 2009 08:16 PM

"Painkiller"- Judas Priest

I needed my daily dose of metal.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Jun 07 2009 07:52 PM

Drowning Pool - "Tear Away"

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Jun 08 2009 01:12 PM

Neko Case and her excellent cover of "The Train from Kansas City".
Posted by: Rowena8482

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jun 09 2009 12:39 PM

Billy Talent - Red Flag
It got stuck in my head and singing the same line over and over got to me so I went and bought the download - now at least I have the whole song in my head rather than one line....70p well spent

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jun 09 2009 01:47 PM

Dio Sabbath - Heaven and Hell

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Jun 14 2009 03:55 PM

Hold the Line by Toto
Posted by: tim10001

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jun 18 2009 02:43 AM

Total Eclipse of the Heart (literal version)

Oh, and Weird Al's latest, Craigslist

**Edited to remove links.
As already stated in the first post of this thread, links are not allowed. Artist's name and song title should be enough for everybody to look them up themselves if they so wish.
Thank you.
Posted by: GOSTEELERS

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jun 18 2009 10:10 AM

I Ain't the One-Lynyrd Skynyrd

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jun 18 2009 02:07 PM

"Skinny Love" by Bon Iver. One of my favorite songs from last year.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jun 18 2009 03:56 PM

Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen

Yet another reason why I do not like Ronald Reagan.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jun 18 2009 06:19 PM

denni19, I wasn't aware that links weren't allowed here. Is that for just this one thread, or all of the forums? I've been posting links here for years, I guess I am an outlaw and I didn't even know it.

What I am listening to:

I'm Sorry - Brenda Lee

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jun 19 2009 01:26 AM

Tim10001, I am sorry if you've felt in any way offended by my editing, that was not my intention.

I am hoping that in the 18 months I've been looking after this Forum I haven't offended many people or proven to be a 'dictator' without good reason.

In the first post of this thread, at the beginning of April, I had to add this:

Quote:

*** Special note: Please do not post ANY links in this thread. *** - Thank you!

It came as the result of a discussion the FunTrivia staff had, in which it's been decided to avoid transforming FunTrivia into "YouTube 2".

Links are not completely forbidden in the "Music" forum, but it's preferable to use them as scarce as possible and, instead, give enough information about a video/fansite/webpage so it can be easily findable on the Internet.

In this thread - What song are you currently listening to? - links are not allowed and if you really want the other users to find a special YouTube video you want to share with the world, you can post its exact title and I'm sure that everybody in here is able to find it quick if they're interested to see it.

Hope this won't put you off and you'll keep on participating in this Forum and this thread.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jun 19 2009 11:09 AM

I've been on a kick lately going through YouTube listening to old songs from my high school and college days. I just finished listening to Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' by Journey.
Posted by: damnsuicidalroos

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jun 19 2009 11:12 AM

Single Bed by Foxy. Old song I think it`s from the 70`s,kinda fun to listen to. It`s one of those songs that stick in your head and though I reckon I`ve only heard it 5 times in my life it`s still a sort of favourite.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jun 19 2009 12:38 PM

denni19, no reason for you to be sorry. It's all good. Thanks for your response.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Jun 24 2009 01:14 PM

Extreme - More Than Words [an evergreen for me ]

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jun 25 2009 07:45 AM

Nature Boy. Such a nice waltz.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jun 25 2009 08:41 PM

The Jackson Five - I'll Be There
Posted by: Nightmare

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jun 26 2009 04:21 PM

I'm listening to "Tim owes me a 25Q quiz", still.
Posted by: pyonir

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jun 26 2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Pantera - Cemetery Gates

Definitely one of my favorites of all time

as for me: Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová (from the "Once" Soundtrack

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jun 26 2009 04:31 PM

Dude, you must be getting kind of tired of that song! :P
Posted by: Nightmare

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Jun 26 2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Dude, you must be getting kind of tired of that song! :P

Nope, its a matter of integrity which some don't have. :P
Posted by: damnsuicidalroos

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jun 27 2009 04:52 AM

Mazzy Star singing "Fade Into You".

I remember listening to this song over and over again after being dumped by a woman I was living with. I really wallowed in my suffering!

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jul 14 2009 02:58 PM

"Fight" by Ben Kweller. Power popster adds some alt-country rhythms to his music.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Jul 19 2009 09:18 AM

Black - Wonderful Life
Posted by: ktstew

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Aug 24 2009 05:10 PM

One of the prettiest songs ever written, sung by the once in a lifetime Karen Carpenter - Don't Cry For Me, Argentina.
Posted by: wweaddict

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Aug 24 2009 06:01 PM

This I love by Guns n Roses great ballod man axl rose can sing.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Aug 30 2009 09:08 AM

"Satellite Of Love" by Lou Reed.

Listening to this after watching "Adventureland" dvd last bight.
Posted by: runaway_drive

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Sep 02 2009 10:22 AM

"Maria" by Green Day.
Posted by: Magic_Arm

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Sep 06 2009 06:55 AM

On a Neck, On a Spit - Grizzly Bear

Saw them at the Green Man festival last month, and this was sublime as the sun was setting on the mountains

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Sep 06 2009 08:29 AM

The Lacrymosa of Mozart's Requiem. It's nice.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Sep 07 2009 09:06 AM

"She's A Genius" by Jet from their new album, "Shaka Rock". This track has a nice Cheap Trick-like riff. Fun stuff.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Sep 07 2009 01:58 PM

For Reverend Green - Animal Collective

From their magical 'Strawberry Jam' album, before Panda Bear sacrificed killer melodies for interminable circular loops. IMHO etc...

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Sep 07 2009 06:22 PM

Reflections of My Life by Marmalade
NYC's 101.1 FM is doing a Top 500 listener countdown. This song came in at number 25.
Posted by: wayman71

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Sep 07 2009 10:46 PM

Hard Luck Woman by KISS

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Sep 08 2009 12:47 PM

Just finished the whole album The Bends from Radiohead and now am listening to Sail to the Moon from same.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Sep 09 2009 04:39 AM

Southern Point - Grizzly Bear

Saw them live a couple of weeks ago. Was suitably 'blown away'...
Posted by: martin_cube

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Sep 09 2009 05:06 PM

Stonehenge - Spinäl Täp
_
||

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Sep 10 2009 12:30 PM

Dark Days/Light Years - Super Furry Animals

Smokin'...
Posted by: wayman71

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Sep 10 2009 12:49 PM

"Bodies" by Drowning Pool is in my head today.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Sep 14 2009 01:41 AM

Bailamos by Enrique Iglesias...I've only recently discovered this guy, and I love his voice.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Sep 22 2009 10:18 AM

"You Used To Be My Friend" by The Dandy Warhols - I forgot how much I liked this band. Then again, I must not have liked them all that much, or I would not have completely forgotten about them. If that makes any sense...

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Sep 22 2009 03:28 PM

"Ghost with the Most" by the Almighty Defenders. The band consists of King Khan, Mark Sultan and members of the Black Lips. So naturally I'm enjoying it!

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Sep 24 2009 07:12 AM

"Distant Early Warning" - Rush

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Sep 24 2009 06:48 PM

"The Flame" - Cheap Trick. The power ballad to end all power ballads! (Until the next one comes along.)
Posted by: TammieL

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Sep 27 2009 06:06 AM

'You Belong With Me' - Faith Hill

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Oct 04 2009 12:27 AM

"If I Should Fall From Grace With God" - an old favourite by The Pogues

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Oct 04 2009 03:59 AM

LOL @ Cydonia .. I was coming into say Bottle of Smoke by the Pogues .. from the If I SHould Fall from Grace with God album.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Oct 04 2009 12:20 PM

LOL@ Copago ... We'll need "Streams of Whiskey" to accompany those two songs.
Posted by: live4trivia

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Oct 11 2009 12:36 AM

Forget Regret - Death by Stereo

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Oct 14 2009 03:48 PM

"Iyo Djeli" by Oumou Sangare from her new album, Seya. Singer/songwriter from Mali, the music is soulful folk and at times funky. Highly recommended for fans of political & social commentary African music.
Posted by: zarny

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Oct 17 2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

"Iyo Djeli" by Oumou Sangare from her new album, Seya. Singer/songwriter from Mali, the music is soulful folk and at times funky. Highly recommended for fans of political & social commentary African music.

Hahahahahahahh!

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Oct 17 2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hahahahahahahh!

zarny,
What was so funny about rogue's comment? rogue made a recommendation, and gave us a bit of background about the song. I fail to see the humour in the post.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Oct 17 2009 03:23 PM

"Pride" by Syntax. Not usually a fan of electronica, but this is different from any of the usual suspects. The album "Meccano Mind" is the result of collaboration between Mike Tournier (formerly of Fluke) and Jan Burton (Fatal) handling vocal duties.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Oct 19 2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hahahahahahahh!

zarny,
What was so funny about rogue's comment? rogue made a recommendation, and gave us a bit of background about the song. I fail to see the humour in the post.

Might be that "zarny" is a racist troll.

Now listening to "Creation Calling" by Nathan Haines from Right Now. Some funk & electronica with Vanessa Freeman on vocals.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Oct 19 2009 08:49 PM

I downloaded a few Steve Martin songs last night (I joined the 21st century and got an iPod ) . Yes, Steve Martin the comedian.
So two songs for me "Pretty Flowers" and "Late for School".
Might not be everyone's cup of tea as but I really like them.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Dec 02 2009 04:07 PM

"Hazel Black" by 7 Worlds Collide off The Sun Came Out album.

Supergroup benefit album, features members of Crowded House, the Smiths & Wilco, among others. KT Tunstall sings lead on this track, one of my favorites from the double disc set.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Dec 04 2009 08:37 AM

Hmmm, a song that gives me shivers every time I hear it: "Dream On" by Aerosmith. Steven Tyler is still the most awesome in my book.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Feb 01 2010 03:49 PM

"Treat Me Like A Dog" by Sleepy LaBeef.

Great soulful, Arkansas blues song.
Posted by: Osberga

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Feb 13 2010 09:55 AM

My Toot-Toot by Denise Lasalle from my 1980's playlist on Spotify

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Feb 19 2010 04:40 PM

Nirvana's "About A Girl", from the 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of Bleach. Deluxe because it's remastered & features live versions of most of the tracks on the album, plus a few surprises.
Posted by: laughinglion

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Feb 19 2010 07:41 PM

"Where Is My Mind" by the Pixies

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Feb 20 2010 11:45 AM

"Rigor Mortis" by the Gravestone Four.

A cut from the v/a comp, Las Vegas Grind Part 3. This is a series of raunchy, late '50's through early '60s R&B and rock-n-roll instrumentals, sleazy novelty tracks and otherwise fun but forgotten side-trips into great party grinding music.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Feb 21 2010 02:41 PM

"New York" by Paloma Faith.

A bit like Amy Winecellar without the drink, drugs & fighting.
Posted by: Lochalsh

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Feb 21 2010 03:23 PM

This very moment:

"Big Spender," Queen
Posted by: **Sarah**

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Feb 24 2010 03:04 PM

I know it's an old one...Yet I love it
Somebody's me by Enrique

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Feb 25 2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

A bit like Amy Winecellar without the drink, drugs & fighting.

LOL!
Posted by: Sinned2471

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Feb 25 2010 05:58 PM

I'm been in a bluesy mood lately, so Key Largo by Sarah Vaughan & Something Cool by June Christy.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Feb 26 2010 03:49 PM

"Free Rider" by the Sunchymes from Shifting Sands.

New group whose music is a mix of psych-pop and the Beach Boys sound. Could use some better production but overall is nice.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Mar 05 2010 04:43 PM

'Diamonds And Rust' - Joan Baez.
They played it on the radio today & it reminded me of what a fabulous song it is. Now I can't get it out of my head.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 09 2010 02:25 AM

Rainbow's Cadillac by The Other Ones

I wish I could post a link, but I have been admonished for doing that here before, so I won't.
Posted by: Jennings

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 09 2010 03:48 AM

Song of the South by Alabama
Posted by: laughinglion

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 09 2010 12:57 PM

One More Cup of Coffee by Bob Dylan w/Emmylou Harris
Posted by: MollyGrue

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Mar 15 2010 03:15 PM

This is embarrassing, I am listening to the best of New Kids On the Block, and it's calming my son down.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Mar 25 2010 05:59 PM

"A Change of Seasons"- Dream Theater

If you have 23 minutes it's well worth the listen.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Apr 03 2010 08:59 AM

"Kool Thing" by Sonic Youth from Goo.

Great song I never tire of hearing.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Apr 04 2010 09:19 AM

"Keep Me In Mind" by the Bamboos from 4.

Great new album from the Australian soul-funk band, featuring Kylie Auldist on vocals. I picked up the vinyl version that also came with a cd copy of the album (best of both worlds). Excellent stuff, very soulful.
Posted by: Sinned2471

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Apr 04 2010 04:15 PM

Kingdom of Heaven - Melissa Etheridge

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed May 19 2010 03:41 PM

"Art House Director" by Broken Social Scene from Forgiveness Rock Record.

Nice track from their latest and probably their best album so far.
Posted by: Cleooh2006

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed May 19 2010 03:59 PM

Dust in the Wind - Hotleg (acoustic cover of the Todd Rundgren song) Justin Hawkins rocks.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu May 20 2010 02:57 PM

"John Lawman" by Roky Erickson from True Love Cast Out All Evil.

Roky returns with a new album after many years. The former 13th Floor Elevators leader is backed up by Okkervil River. It's not the acid rock many hoped for but it's full of demons nonetheless.
Posted by: aya3098

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun May 23 2010 06:57 PM

There's "Imma Be," by the Black-Eyed Peas, which always seems to get stuck in my head even though I have strong feelings against it, and "Breakeven" by The Script, which I enjoy.
Posted by: dg_dave

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon May 24 2010 02:45 PM

I may be crazy, but several of the Time-Life collections are infomercials, and I like watching/listening to them. Right now, it's the Pop Memories of the 60's one...I know the words to a lot of those songs, and I wasn't born until 1977! I'm not happy with the fact that our "Platinum" station left and went to talk radio.
Posted by: krazykritik

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Jun 02 2010 03:01 AM

"Driver's Seat", long version, by Sniff 'n The Tears, just finished and Elton John's "Believe" is playing.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Jun 02 2010 09:53 AM

"Break" by Three Days Grace

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Jun 02 2010 11:33 AM

Metallica - Blitzkrieg
Posted by: triviapaul

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jun 03 2010 07:42 AM

Beethoven - 7th Symphony, 2nd movement

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Jun 07 2010 02:51 PM

Nutz - One More Cup Of Coffee
(A brilliant Dylan cover.)

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Aug 21 2010 08:43 AM

"Good To Be" by the Magic Kids. A new power pop group from Memphis whose debut album is called Memphis. Sounds like a mix of Brian Wilson & Phil Seymour. Great stuff.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Aug 29 2010 11:52 PM

Human Disease - Slayer
Posted by: severusrickman

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Sep 04 2010 01:50 AM

nice..my fav is black magic
Im listening to Franz Liszt's piano instrumental-La Campenella though most of the times i listen to metal..but i respect evry kind of music...except Justin Bieber

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Sep 05 2010 08:21 AM

Life During Wartime by Talking Heads, live version.
Posted by: tjoebigham

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Sep 05 2010 04:30 PM

I'm currently listening to...hold on to your hats!..."Peanut Butter Jelly Time" by Buckwheat Boyz and Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance"! WARNING! These songs will stick in your brain if you let them! (I first encountered them on YouTube. Merciful Lord, what if one of those YouTube video makers put them together in one video?)

tjoeb};>

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Sep 07 2010 04:51 PM

"Art of Life"- X Japan

The song is so good its the only one on its self titled album smile
Posted by: tanzen

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jan 13 2011 06:51 PM

"Beginning to See the Light" by The Velvet Underground.

"There are problems in these times, but (WOO!) none of them are mine!"
Posted by: ecnalubma

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jan 18 2011 06:24 PM

"Camilla, The Old Old Story" by Art of Noise
Posted by: ozzz2002

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jan 18 2011 06:31 PM

'Once in a Lifetime', Talking Heads.

"You may ask yourself..."
Posted by: pyonir

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jan 18 2011 06:43 PM

"Space Bound" by Eminem. Can't get the song out of my head.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jan 18 2011 06:45 PM

"Fade to Grey" by Visage.

It's gonna be a long day if the iPod continues to throw these little gems up.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jan 18 2011 11:09 PM

The trusty iPod has just thrown up "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" by Middle of the Road.

Is that better than the song I skipped to get to it, which was "Hot Potatoes" by the Wiggles?

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Jan 23 2011 07:07 PM

Map of Tasmania - Amanda Palmer!
Posted by: 1muffy

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Jan 25 2011 06:38 PM

Kasey Chambers-Little Bird

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jan 29 2011 11:48 AM

"Monkeys Uptown" by Iron and Wine from Kiss Each Other Clean.

Really enjoying Sam Beam's new album, much better than his previous release, Around the Well.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Feb 02 2011 01:28 AM

Schism - Tool

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Feb 10 2011 10:08 AM

The Show Must Go On - Queen

Boy, how I miss Freddie Mercury!
Posted by: Tryst

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Feb 12 2011 09:17 AM

Twenty years this November since he died
Posted by: 1muffy

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Feb 13 2011 04:39 AM

The Best of Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler-Private Investigations-special edition

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Feb 19 2011 12:02 PM

"Amy" by Buddy Moss.

From a blues box set, The George Mitchell Collection Vol. 1-7. Great field music recorded in the late '50s.
Posted by: Sypher

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Mar 01 2011 04:22 AM

At the mooment I'm listening to the album 'The Resistance' by Muse.
Posted by: airsupplyfan

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Apr 19 2011 10:28 AM

Air Supply's new song, Sanctuary.
Posted by: george48

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Jul 23 2011 02:25 PM

Rehab by Amy Winehouse
Posted by: Daaanieeel

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Oct 04 2011 07:53 AM

"Further Away" by Ben Howard. I have my iPod's folk music playlist on shuffle at the moment. Big fan of folk and indie rock and indie folk.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Oct 04 2011 06:07 PM

"Need You Tonight" by INXS. Michael Hutchence is another great singer that was taken from us way too early.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Aug 17 2012 12:40 PM

"You're My Sensation" by Dave Rave from the latest V/A comp in the International Pop Overthrow series, Vol. 15. Three cds of power pop artists, known and not-well-known outside the power pop community.
Posted by: darksplash

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Aug 18 2012 02:50 PM

"Ruby's Shoes" by Bob Livingston.

"Ruby's come up with something new
A shortcut to the sun..."

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Sep 11 2012 12:48 PM

"A Rose and a Baby Ruth" by George Hamilton IV. I first heard of it when reading a Wikipedia article on the famed candy bar (which was named after the daughter of President Grover Cleveland, NOT the Bambino!), and I first heard it on YouTube. It's been covered by Johnny Maestro, the Crests, the Echoes and most recently by Marilyn Manson!

tjoeb};>
Posted by: Jazmee27

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Sep 11 2012 09:13 PM

This is what you call a nontraditional post, because I’m listening to a tape I recorded a few months back with some music from two New Age programs I like on my local NPR Station: one’s called “Echoes” and the other is “The Thistle and Shamrock.”

Unfortunately, since then that station’s completely redone their programming, so Saturday nights no longer feature those programs (another NPR station does have “Echoes” during the week, though).

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Nov 03 2012 09:53 PM

Save Me - Machine Gun Kelly feat. M Shadows & Synyster Gates

Lovelovelovelovelove this song. *eargasm*
Posted by: veronikkamarrz

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Nov 03 2012 10:26 PM

"Heart and Soul" on the piano...I think it was a commercial for I; Something, computer.

It was also in the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks. I can't stop humming it!
Posted by: Santana2002

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Nov 04 2012 04:59 AM

I happily rediscovered Rolf Harris singing 'Two Little Boys' recently, and it's been going round and round in my head ever since!

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Dec 15 2012 07:44 PM

"For the Rabbits" by Caitlin Rose from her Own Side EP.

One of my favorite Americana artists.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Jul 04 2013 09:16 AM

A cover of "Roadrunner" by Thin White Rope, one of the Paisley Underground bands of the '80s, that has a desert-theme to many of their songs.
Posted by: Dalgleish

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Sep 15 2013 05:24 AM

Great new stuff -

"Royals" by Lorde, and "Hold My Tongue" by Sheppard. Do yourself a favour....
Posted by: redwaldo

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Sep 15 2013 08:02 AM

"Orinoco Flow" Enya

It's an infectious song that stands the test of time.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Sep 27 2013 11:56 PM

Another new one that is top-shelf - "The Wire" by Haim.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Oct 08 2013 11:35 AM

"Scentless Apprentice" by Nirvana from the 20th anniversary deluxe edition reissue of In Utero.
Posted by: mehaul

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Nov 22 2013 05:33 PM

I'm in the wonderful happy place of rediscovering Savoy Brown. I've listened to the albums "Street Corner Talking", "Jack the Toad" and "Raw Sienna" with "Hellbound Train" in the wings. It brings a peaceful happy warmth easing my inner beasts (yes Virginia, I do have them and they are awfully loud at times!).

Edit: I've just ordered a copy Of "Looking IN" to increase my Savoy Brown experience.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Nov 23 2013 06:19 AM

Local group Busby Marou have a great song out at the moment - "Get You Out of Here". Also OneRepublc's "Something I Need".

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Dec 03 2013 04:58 AM

Another one that caught the attention quickly - "Harlem" by New Politics.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Dec 08 2013 07:00 PM

One of my stations is playing consistent Christmas music (until this year, it was 103.7, but now 98.7) until Christmas Day.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Dec 10 2013 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: dg_dave
One of my stations is playing consistent Christmas music (until this year, it was 103.7, but now 98.7) until Christmas Day.

So, you'll be changing your station for a couple of weeks then, Dave? laugh
Posted by: cubswin2323

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Dec 17 2013 05:14 PM

104.5 here in Omaha starts the day after Thanksgiving. Here's a quick opinion poll. White Christmas or Feliz Navidad? White Christmas is a classic, but I think I like Feliz Navidad better. It's SO catchy!
Posted by: cubswin2323

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Dec 17 2013 10:17 PM

The song I'm currently listening to is Police On My Back by the Clash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq_HtgGOIfE

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Dec 18 2013 01:01 AM

You want catchy? Here it is -

Harlem - New Politics

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Dec 18 2013 01:04 AM

And another one, this is a local group -

Get You Out of Here - Busby Marou

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Dec 20 2013 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Dalgleish

So, you'll be changing your station for a couple of weeks then, Dave? laugh

No, I've been listening to it as well as my Christmas CD's, plus the Holly channel on SiriusXM. I changed off of 103.7 when they dropped the 80's music they had and went to primarily 2000-present music.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Jan 22 2014 08:26 AM

On YouTube I've listened to "The Waltz of Chocolate and Almonds", a little-known piano piece of Erik Satie. In the "Powell and Pressburger Pages" website, Satie's piece is supposed to have inspired Allen Gray's piano "Staircase Theme" from "A Matter of Life and Death" (aka "Stairway to Heaven", because of the giant moving staircase in the film, one of my all-time favorites, BTW).

tjoeb};>
Posted by: Insanity_In_Me

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Feb 23 2014 07:13 AM

Baby Doll from movie Ragini MMS 2 (Bollywood).
Posted by: Insanity_In_Me

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Feb 23 2014 09:08 PM

Today I am listening to song I Love You from Body Gaurd(Bollywood Film).

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Apr 03 2014 06:37 AM

This -

Geronimo - Sheppard
Posted by: Bohr

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Apr 13 2014 12:49 PM

Love this song:

Carl Espen - Silent Storm

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Apr 14 2014 04:30 AM

Brisbane group taking over the world -

Geronimo - Sheppard
Posted by: Dragonkin

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Apr 30 2014 01:11 AM

Erock's "Game of Thrones Meets Metal"
Posted by: TriviaFan22

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat May 31 2014 09:25 AM

Killswitch Engage ~ Alive or Just Breathing (2002)

one of the greatest metal albums of all time.. it changed the landscape of metal in america after that.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Jul 23 2014 06:31 AM

Among the music I've played on You Tube: Train's "Mermaid", "Got My Mojo Working" by Ann Cole, Guess Who's "Hand Me Down World", Sugarloaf's "Green Eyed Lady' and "Don't Call Us (We'll Call You)", Weird Al's "Word Crimes" and "Tacky", and Pharrell Williams' "Happy". (and even "Naughty but Nice" by Vera-Ellen from "Belle Of New York"!)

tjoeb};>
Posted by: varnish

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Jul 27 2014 03:48 PM

The great southern trendkill --Pantera--
Nobody did it better than they did.
Posted by: salami_swami

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Aug 11 2014 03:18 PM

Currently listening to "Come Together", the Michael Jackson cover. smile

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Aug 26 2014 09:12 PM

I'm listening to Styx's greatest hits. I don't know any of their music but they have a cool band name.

I have some Styx and some Yes on my computer. Yes is pretty good.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Mon Sep 01 2014 07:15 PM

Times of Grace ~ The Hymn of a Broken Man ~ Willing

and the whole album

this album is changing me. i keep listening to it several times a day every day.. this is probably the fifth time i've played it today

it's metal-ish
Posted by: LoveAnimals555

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri Feb 06 2015 11:56 AM

I love You!~ Bodygaurd
Posted by: TrivialWarfare

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sat Feb 21 2015 02:08 PM

Take Me to Church by Hozier is getting a ton of play on my iphone lately.

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Jun 07 2015 02:04 AM

Die Letzte Schlacht - Epinephrine

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Wed Jul 08 2015 01:58 AM

Turn So Cold - Drowning Pool
Posted by: mcsurfie

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Thu Oct 29 2015 09:02 AM

Brandon Michael Kinder - Gold In These Hills

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Sun Feb 07 2016 02:01 AM

Eiszeit - Eisenfunk

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Tue Apr 19 2016 01:21 AM

The local radio stations have gotten hold of this one and frankly, I'm glad they have, albeit belatedly. I make a point of listening to it at least once a day -

Sound of Silence - Disturbed
Posted by: scratchinghead

Re: What song are you currently listening to? [continued] - Fri May 20 2016 06:44 PM

lock all the doors ......noel gallagher flying circus