Permission sought

Posted by: sue943

Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 07:13 AM

As some of you will already know I make greetings cards. Some of these cards are for my personal use, ie to send to friends or family, others I donate to charities. The charities involved are currently Shopmobility Jersey, the Marie Curie Appeal and the Salvation Army. I might also raise money for The Stroke Association for our local support group in Jersey.

What I am asking is if some of you will give me permission to use a few of your photos on these cards, with my assurance that I will not benefit financially at all - in fact the materials cost me a considerable amount of money.

If you will give me permission and would wish for acknowledgment in the form of a label on the back saying "Photography by..." or similar then naturally I would do this.

I will not use any of your images without specific permission.

Thank you
Posted by: lilyalli

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 07:40 AM

That is a lovely idea Sue and I would be very honored. But in reality I don't think you would be using mine as there are many far better images.

Just let me know if you do, so I can purchase some - with acknowledgement on back of course, for bragging purposes!
Posted by: ren33

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 08:15 AM

You have always had my permission, dear, just reiterating.
Susan (Lilyali)don't be so modest, your river pics have been much admired, especially by me!
Posted by: tellywellies

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 08:47 AM

I haven't dug my camera out for a while now but if there's anything from a while ago that you think could be used, feel free.
Posted by: Tredici

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 09:20 AM

Sue - How lovely. I do the same sort of thing but mostly for family and friends. If any of my photos seem right for something which could benefit someone, by all means use them.
Posted by: SilverMoonsong

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 11:36 AM

Absolutely!
Posted by: Copago

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 04:37 PM

Sure

s there anything in particular you're after and perhaps we can go searching for that sort of photo for you?

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Sure

s there anything in particular you're after and perhaps we can go searching for that sort of photo for you?

I don't have anything specific in mind, but if you don't mind I would love to use the one of your two blokes sitting on the fence, I think it would make a great card.

For those of you who have kindly given permission, if you would like to send me a PM with your name I will make sure the card attributes the photography to you.
Posted by: ozzz2002

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 05:27 PM

I have not posted much, but feel free to use what you will, Sue.

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 05:58 PM

Thanks Greg.
Posted by: Jar

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 06:18 PM

It's been a while since I posted a photo, but whatever there is Sue, you certainly have my permission. And, no need for attributing it.

June

(I really do need to get back to posting photos..)
Posted by: jordandog

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 06:41 PM

Sue, I doubt there would be any out of the ones I have posted, but you are welcome to any you might find. I think this is a wonderful idea, for good causes, too.
Will you be sending a message to those you do choose?
Posted by: satguru

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 07:41 PM

Sue, use ahead. I have actually set them for general use in the album so if anyone wants to share pictures of what Golders Green and Finchley look like you know where they are, and I just ask to use my name if posted on websites.
I've had some very good results, the best being one used by BBC Radio4 for a feature on suburbia.
Posted by: SilverMoonsong

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 07:50 PM

Will you post pictures of the cards when they are done? I'd love to see them.
Posted by: argus9

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 08:59 PM

Sue as you have already used one of my photo (and it was lovely) feel free to us any of mine you like.
Posted by: dg_dave

Re: Permission sought - Wed Jan 28 2009 09:17 PM

Any of the (few) photos I've put on, you're more than welcome to use.
Posted by: romeomikegolf

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 02:25 AM

Sue, as far as I'm concerned any photo I put on here is in the public domain, so go ahead and use any you wish. An acknowledgment is a nice thought, it prevents any copyright disputes later on.
Posted by: JaneMarple

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 03:06 AM

Feel free to use any of mine
Posted by: MotherGoose

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 03:33 AM

Feel free to use any of mine, Sue, but if you do use any of them, please email me and let me know which ones you have used - simply because I'd be curious to know which ones appealed to you. Am not bothered whether you give me credit or not.

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 03:54 AM

I will create a PhotoBucket album and provide the link so that you can see what I have done with the photos, I will include those which I made previously with the photos from picqero, argus9 and ClaraSue.

I am very grateful to you all. Thanks.

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 04:29 AM

Here is the PhotoBucket album with the cards that I have made from real photos, I am sure that I have made more so will try to find them too.

Quite a lot of them are photos taken by me but some are from those taken by FT members for which I had been given permission prior to using them.

Some of the photos are 'just photos' some have been made into various types of 3-D effects, and some into backing papers too.

PhotoBucket link
Posted by: Santana2002

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 04:49 AM

I haven't posted many photos, but you're more than welcome to help yourself if there are any that appeal ...
Posted by: The_lioness33

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 05:59 AM

Certainly, Sue.
Posted by: Copago

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 06:22 AM

They're great. Top thinking, Sue!
Posted by: SOTHC

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 07:12 AM

I have no problem giving my support to such good causes so please feel free to use any of mine Sue
Posted by: lady1

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 07:27 AM

Oh Sue those are lovely. If any of mine are good enough (blush) feel free to use them.
Posted by: lilyalli

Re: Permission sought - Thu Jan 29 2009 08:57 AM

They are wonderful Sue. A very talented lady!
Posted by: picqero

Re: Permission sought - Fri Jan 30 2009 05:08 AM

Nice to see our dear old chinchilla cat 'Aramis' being remembered on a such delightful cards
Posted by: Sherry75

Re: Permission sought *DELETED* - Fri Jan 30 2009 06:05 AM

Post deleted by Sherry75
Posted by: ClaraSue

Re: Permission sought - Fri Jan 30 2009 04:20 PM

Of course you may!

The cards that you have already made are just beautiful!

Re: Permission sought - Fri Jan 30 2009 04:29 PM

Thank you so much ClaraSue, you have some gorgeous ones, those clouds of yours will look good on a Sympathy card.

Re: Permission sought - Fri Jan 30 2009 11:51 PM

Sue, are there any particular types of images you are looking for? I can trawl my archives and try and find some. I've got one of a traction engine, would that be any good for a card for a man's birthday?

Re: Permission sought - Sat Jan 31 2009 04:43 AM

That might be good, thanks Bob. It is always difficult to make cards suitable for men, women are much easier. I can make for men that I know as I can slant the card to them specifically, their interests, but for the cars I am making for Marie Curie and for the SA it is more difficult.
Posted by: MadMags

Re: Permission sought - Sat Jan 31 2009 06:42 AM

Oh Sue, those cards are wonderful! What a talented lady you are. I was impressed by them all, but the last one, the sunlit clouds over the water absolutely took my breath away!

Re: Permission sought - Sat Jan 31 2009 06:45 AM

Thank you, I like that photo too.

Re: Permission sought - Sat Jan 31 2009 10:44 AM

No problem Sue. I'll post it tomorrow with a link to the full size version as well.
Posted by: jordandog

Re: Permission sought - Sat Jan 31 2009 11:34 AM

I just saw the link you put up, Sue. I have said it so many times, but those are simply awesome cards, every single one! Your work just amazes me.
Posted by: BurgGurl

Re: Permission sought - Sun Feb 01 2009 12:49 PM

I doubt my photos even come close to being useful, but if there were any that caught your eye, you are more than welcome to share them Sue.
Posted by: Blithe_

Re: Permission sought - Thu Feb 05 2009 04:41 PM

I haven't posted many photographs, but I would be happy for you to use any which I have. It is a lovely idea making them for your chosen charities, and I hope you raise lots of money.

Re: Permission sought - Fri Feb 06 2009 05:37 AM

Many thanks. As I use a photo I will post a scan of it into my PhotoBucket account which is linked above. If you would like to be acknowledged on the back as the photographer just PM me with your name.

Re: Permission sought - Mon Jan 17 2011 04:17 AM

Bumping this one up.

flopsymopsy has just very kindly given me permisssion to use some of her photos and I have made one card from her purple heather photo already.
Posted by: zorba_scank

Re: Permission sought - Mon Jan 17 2011 06:20 AM

Just in case I haven't said so earlier, you can use any of mine if you wish Sue.

Re: Permission sought - Mon Jan 17 2011 11:20 AM

Many thanks.
Posted by: LeoDaVinci

Re: Permission sought - Mon Jan 17 2011 12:54 PM

Must have missed this. I don't think I post here too often, but, whatever is out here, feel free to use.
Posted by: trev1

Re: Permission sought - Mon Jan 17 2011 01:12 PM

Please feel free to use anything I've posted or post in the future.
Posted by: mehaul

Re: Permission sought - Mon Jan 17 2011 01:33 PM

I consider having any of my images posted here as them being put into the public domain. It is kind of you to offer to credit the photographer and getting extra exposure.
Posted by: golfmom08

Re: Permission sought - Sun May 22 2011 01:03 PM

I just saw this thread and of course you may use any photos I have submitted. It is for a worthy cause.

Re: Permission sought - Sun May 22 2011 01:10 PM

Thank you very much indeed.
Posted by: Quiz_Beagle

Re: Permission sought - Sun May 22 2011 02:47 PM

I haven't been posting lately because I'm directing a play and my laughable Free Time is greatly lessened, but if you can use any of mine, please feel free...

Re: Permission sought - Sun May 22 2011 03:49 PM

Many thanks.
Posted by: Howie72

Re: Permission sought - Sun May 22 2011 06:01 PM

I know my photos are not good but I do not mind if you use any of them.
Posted by: ertrum

Re: Permission sought - Mon May 23 2011 09:26 PM

Sure - have at 'em.