This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS.

Posted by: Copago

This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 06 2009 03:33 AM

I will be away from the computer over next weekend so decided to have this theme go for two weeks.

The theme is PETS AND OTHER ANIMALS.

Because it's over the fortnight you can post THREE photos but they must be on seperate days.

Posted by: gtho4

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 06 2009 04:11 AM

This is our little mutt, when she was a baby:
She's a King Charles Cavalier x Toy Poodle cross.
Posted by: The_lioness33

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 06 2009 08:16 AM

My pretty kitty, stealing my piano

Posted by: lilyalli

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 06 2009 09:25 AM

They're both so cute!

At one of the homesteads we stayed at. Not really pets, but they behaved as if they were - all 30 plus of them!

Posted by: Santana2002

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 06 2009 11:29 AM

Oh how cute all these animals are! Ght, your mutt is adorable.

Here's cookie, our Cavalier King Charles, looking a bit wet and bedraggled after a dip in the sea at Doélan this afternoon:

Posted by: Sherry75

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 06 2009 11:54 AM

Dilly the terrier!

Posted by: pyonir

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 06 2009 12:46 PM

My sister's dog Roxy, refusing to come into the house...

Posted by: Jedi_Padawan

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 06 2009 10:38 PM

Here are my two babies, Miette (calico) and Winston (tabby), snuggling on the couch together. This picture was taken when Winston was still a kitten - he's much bigger than Miette is now!

Posted by: ren33

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Tue Sep 08 2009 07:30 AM

This is Gnawra, found in the village rubbish bin and of dubious parentage. Has more than a hundredfold repaid her rescued status in general guarding work (snake catching included) and of course in great entertainment value.She smiles all the time.
Posted by: Professer

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Tue Sep 08 2009 09:02 AM

The late Samson, most vicous family pet ever but could also be so loving, sadly some nice person decided they hated cats and fed slug pellets to samson and 7 other cats in the area. Sadly they were never caught, if they had been they would have been eating slug pellets themselves
Posted by: MadMags

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Tue Sep 08 2009 09:32 AM

Ren, I swear that animals know when they've been rescued, and never forget the close call they had.

"Come a lil closer, and I'll put another smudge on yer lens!"

Heidi, another rescued dog. Heidi is my shadow, and will follow me around even when I'm just aimlessly wandering the garden, camera in hand. I can't count the times I've cleaned my lens, thanks to her.
Posted by: satguru

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Tue Sep 08 2009 03:39 PM

I'm sure many people remember Lucy, who turned up in a cat trap when my friend's cat escaped into my garden and discovered another one as a result. She arrived in November 1999 and left us last June, no one was quite sure how old she was when she arrived so may have made a good age.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Tue Sep 08 2009 04:24 PM

I remember Lucy well, David. Such a pretty one.
Another thing about the rescued brigade, Mags, I am sure they have a built in mechanism for making you laugh. What a hoot that picture of Heidi is!
Posted by: jmorrow

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 09 2009 04:17 AM

Well, I missed the last few weekly themes so to make up for that, I give you PET on FURNITURE watching a BALL:

His name is Max, and no, he is NOT supposed to be on the coffee table!

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 09 2009 04:30 AM

I love the Heidi photo, Mags! That is one happy dog!
Beautiful photo of your cat, Lioness - very classic.

I think I could handle coming back as any one of the FTers animals!
Posted by: JaneMarple

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 09 2009 05:16 AM

No pets of my own but loving the pictures and Heidi is a beautiful dog, looks full of fun!

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 09 2009 06:37 AM

Here is a lizard resting on a tree in my backyard. It isn't a pet, but certainly counts as another animal!

Posted by: flopsymopsy

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 09 2009 06:39 AM

"What are you doing up there, Garfield?"

"I'm eating this plant."

"Halley, what are you doing up there?"

"I'm watching my bruvver eat that plant."

"That's my Hoya Bella!"

"It's delicious."
Posted by: magicjeanie

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 09 2009 06:41 AM

Jarvis, My sons cocker

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 09 2009 07:25 AM

Oh Magic Jeanie what a gorgeous dog!! Welcome to you too by the way!
This is Rosie. She is also a rescue, but VERY snooty.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 09 2009 07:49 AM

Welcome magicjeanie. What an expression on Jarvis's face! He's lovely.

Good to see you posting again, jmorrow. Bad Max, down Max! *gives Max a pat*

I'm really enjoying each and every picture here. It's really wonderful to be able to see our members' pets, our family members that we can show. For me, it brings a personal level to the photo threads, a peek inside the family.
Posted by: jmorrow

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 09 2009 11:59 PM

Thanks, Mags! I don't know how you did it, but Max is off the table, and sitting happily at my feet!
Posted by: szabs

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 10 2009 06:38 AM

This is my sweet Dulky, who sadly passed away just two weeks ago, after spending the last 13 years with me, I found her when she was only about 3 weeks old, and she never left my side, my house and my heart feel so empty without her.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 10 2009 08:06 AM

Oh, szabs, I am so sorry to hear that your beloved Dulky is gone. My heart goes out to you in your grief. ((((((( hugs ))))))))
Posted by: MotherGoose

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 10 2009 08:33 AM

My sincere condolences Szabs.

My mother's "hobby" is rescuing cats. This is Ziggy, her latest rescue. Ziggy hates cameras and it has proved almost impossible to get a decent photo of him. The minute he sees anyone with a camera, he's off like a rocket.
Posted by: Gatsby722

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 10 2009 09:05 AM

This is my new guy, Mr. Middlemarch. Let me say, too, that when he is not peeking out from behind shower curtains fetchingly? He shows signs to have missed his true calling: that being recruited as a tackle for the New York Jets . He's managed to 'back out' of that collar at least three times a day, too (which is, each time, hysterical to watch happen ). We're adapting, though ...

Posted by: ClaraSue

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 10 2009 03:12 PM

I have missed a months worth of photos and themes. I am so glad that I checked in today; what lovely pets you all have. Szabs, my sincerest condolences to you for losing your Dulky.

This is Alex, who I rescued one year ago this week. He has proven to be a charming, and very lovable addition to this family. And ClaraSue has finally accepted him in all ways. i.e. She allows him to sleep next to her.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 10 2009 03:51 PM

My condolences, szabs, it's very tough to lose a companion.

This is Ralph.

Ralph lives in Sussex, and was adopted by the Revenge of the Llamas team. I'm sure he thought it very odd to be visited by a woman who sometimes pretends to be a rabbit pretending to be a llama but he was far too polite to mention it.
Posted by: minkpenny

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 10 2009 10:21 PM

Szabs, I'm sorry to hear about Dulky. She was beautiful.

I love all the pictures. Everyone's cats and dogs are so cute!

Here is my kitty Kiara. She loves going out to the balcony and looking at the sunlight reflecting on the ceiling.

Posted by: Kapuskasing

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 10 2009 10:26 PM

Szabs, I'm sorry you lost your Dulky. Her picture - the expression on her face - is beautiful.
Posted by: lady1

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Fri Sep 11 2009 04:49 AM

So sorry Szabs, I know how difficult it is. I lost my Jack Russel, Patch two weeks ago today. She had lived with us for 11 years. Her sister is missing her like mad too.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Fri Sep 11 2009 05:19 AM

Thank you all for your kind words, I know all of you understand how important our pets are in our lives.

Lady1 I am really sorry to hear about Patch, my heart is with you, and unfortunately I understand exactly how you and his sister feel .

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Fri Sep 11 2009 01:22 PM

Lady, I am very sorry to hear of Patch's passing. Our pets are such a part of our family, it's hard to say goodbye to them.
Posted by: quogequox

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Fri Sep 11 2009 01:53 PM

This is Pockets the ferret pretending to be cute.
In reality he's looking to take off a finger.
Posted by: pyonir

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Fri Sep 11 2009 04:14 PM

quogequox, that pic is awesome! haha

Here is my mother's latest addition, Daisy. She was probably 3 months old or so here, really tiny.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 12 2009 12:11 AM

This is Crookshanks, allegedly my daughter's cat, but I have the dubious privilege of feeding him, grooming him, cleaning his litter box etc. At night, I usually check my emails before going to bed, then I turn off the computer, feed him and our other cat Misty, then retire for the night. He has now associated the sound of the computer with food. Now, if I turn the computer off, no matter what time of day it is, he comes running and demands to be fed, hence his nickname of 'Pavlov'.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 12 2009 08:09 AM

I am loving all the pictures in here, they are all so cute .

This is Stanford, one of his favorite places to be is on the windowsill of my office, looking in on me as I work on the computer. Because he spends so much time there he even has a basket and a bowl full of biscuits in order for him not to have to go too far .
Posted by: PDAZ

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 12 2009 09:56 AM

Lol, Mother Goose!

I'm really enjoying the pictures and the stories about all of the pets (and bonus points for the lizard pic ). I've noticed that the cats seem to have more interesting names than the dogs -- not sure what that says about cat people...

My contribution: Here are Squirmer the Wyrm and Circe Bastet watching the mysterious outdoor world they never get to visit...

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 12 2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

I've noticed that the cats seem to have more interesting names than the dogs

When given a choice, I've always named my cats after characters from ancient Roman history or mythology (e.g. Tiberius (Tibby for short) and Augustus). Sometimes they already have a name when I acquire them, like our cat Misty.

Crookshanks was named by my daughter after Hermione's cat in Harry Potter. I have the book 'Middlemarch' (haven't got around to reading it yet but I saw the miniseries on TV). Would love to know why Gatsby chose that particular name!
Posted by: PDAZ

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 12 2009 06:08 PM

Too funny, Mother Goose -- we use mythology too! Thus we have Loki Bastet, Luna Anubis, Circe Bastet and Squirmer the Wyrm -- Norse, Greek, Roman and Egyptian mythology. Must have something to do with cats being such mystical creatures

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 12 2009 07:16 PM

Mmm mm mm, that was good!

Heidi loves to clean the last little bit out of the icecream container.
Posted by: romeomikegolf

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 13 2009 12:01 AM

Taken at Longleat a couple of years ago. You can hand feed the deer from your car.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 13 2009 06:15 AM

Just don't try that with the lions!

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Mon Sep 14 2009 02:58 AM

I wondered where three of my fingers had gone.

Here's one that I may have posted before, but some may not have seen it. Our two Shepherds, Rudi and Kimber.

Rudi's the one on the left. He's now an old man at nearly 10. Kimber is now just over 5.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Mon Sep 14 2009 05:46 AM

I'm sure you all realise that members of the Revenge of the Llamas team are extremely smart, well-groomed, and attentive to their personal hygiene.

Well, there's always one...

Posted by: Tredici

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Mon Sep 14 2009 11:46 PM

This is my sister's rescued Molly. I thought she looked very pretty sitting on the red and black daybed.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Tue Sep 15 2009 09:46 AM

In memory of Patches.

Posted by: LeoDaVinci

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Tue Sep 15 2009 11:41 AM

I just took this photo this weekend, and seeing as it fits the theme, I thought I'd share it with you guys because I really liked it.

Enjoy:

Posted by: Jar

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Tue Sep 15 2009 04:28 PM

Whoa, that big guy gets around (is he sticking his tongue out at us? )- looks like he had a long trek from Ontario to Greely ! (14th shot from the top)

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 16 2009 02:24 AM

A Pole(ish) Lemur.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 16 2009 06:52 AM

A pretty tuxedo cat relaxing on the steps in Villefranche-sur-Mer, France.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 16 2009 07:44 AM

Wow ! That Villefranche-sur-Mer looks like s/he could be a long-lost (with an accent) sibling of my new Middlemarch kitty!
Posted by: lilyalli

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 16 2009 02:22 PM

Today I, as I was driving down a country lane, I was surprised to see this handsome chap staring through the fence.

Posted by: quogequox

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 17 2009 12:49 AM

A weird looking dog my girlfriend made me take a photo of.
Posted by: SOTHC

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 17 2009 04:02 AM

Judging from the look of this seagull swimming around the waterways of Stockholm, I think he had too much white wine with the fish

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 17 2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

Wow ! That Villefranche-sur-Mer looks like s/he could be a long-lost (with an accent) sibling of my new Middlemarch kitty!

You're right - they do look similar! Perhaps your cat comes from a line of noble French felines?

When I was on vacation in Europe last year I'd try to take a picture of a cat whenever I saw one, so I have several pics of European cats; however, this French cat was the prettiest of them all!
Posted by: ClaraSue

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Thu Sep 17 2009 03:07 PM

Not a very good picture but one I just had to share. This is ClaraSue saying "don't touch me again or you'll lose that hand". No, she wouldn't do that, we were just playing and that's her mean look.

Posted by: runningbare

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 19 2009 01:25 AM

My pet spider.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 19 2009 06:15 AM

Here is Chachita she is my other cat, Gats - she also could be a long lost cousin of Middlemarch, but living in Spain .

Posted by: zorba_scank

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 19 2009 09:29 AM

My grandmother's cat playing hide and seek.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 19 2009 10:37 AM

Oh. My. God! There are Middlemarches everywhere! Such good looking cats, too. My version of one is humbled looking at all his 'kin' here, indeed. Suddenly he's not so *special*, after all! Well, so I say. He has a different story about it, it seems. His tuxedo is the only one that matters. He's totally firm on the issue. And won't let anyone soon forget it, either ....

Cats are big fun, aren't they ?

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 19 2009 12:23 PM

Oh Gats all cats are special.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sat Sep 19 2009 10:12 PM

Thumper, 1990-2005
Posted by: Tobyone

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 20 2009 12:27 AM

This is Zepha, my cross-eyed treasure.
Posted by: zorba_scank

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 20 2009 12:59 AM

A tapir at the Bristol Zoo, UK.

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 20 2009 09:59 PM

Some of you may remember Kasey, the sweet but emotionally muddled old girl I took in back in December 2007. She knew so much, yet maintained barriers I could never understand. She frequently made faces much like ClaraSue's above, but unlike ClaraSue, Kasey wasn't kidding. She died in May, after quietly becoming a treasured friend. This picture is from the day she learned that if she jumped on the table, she could keep an eye on what her human pals were doing around the yard. She was so smugly proud of her feat!

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Sun Sep 20 2009 11:16 PM

Oh what a darling! Thanks,everyone for such a great thread. I have so enjoyed seeing everyone's pets and other animals. Lovely!
Posted by: SOTHC

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 23 2009 02:24 AM

This is Fred, our youngest Maine Coon who weighs in around 10kilos and loves getting into uncomfortable places

Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. - Wed Sep 23 2009 02:52 AM

oops - I should have locked this last weekend!
Closing now, thanks for sharing the furry members of your families, gang!
Great looking cat, SOTHC!