The New Theme is....

Posted by: ren33

The New Theme is.... - Sat Nov 24 2012 10:18 PM

"Inside my Home"
Because I am nosey. Because I am sure there are many diverse images to this one, considering the different countries and lifestyles of all of us, I think it will be interesting.
So any part of your home, especially if it reflects your character, hobbies, colour preferences, taste etc. Thanks.
Posted by: CmdrK

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sun Nov 25 2012 09:15 AM

We might as well start off with the best. smile Welcome to Cardboard Manor! This is the library...

We've had our house up for sale and finally got an offer on it. A month into the process the buyers' financing fell through. So here we are with a lot of our stuff in boxes (about 75 boxes in all). Most of the downstairs has been packed up and I had just started on the upstairs. Since I don't expect many people to be house-hunting between now and the rest of the year we'll either have to put everything back on the walls, on shelves, in bookcases...or rent some self-storage space. I"m leaning toward self-storage! smile
Posted by: sue943

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sun Nov 25 2012 09:31 AM

My dining table. smile Ah well, crafting comes first.

Posted by: Jakeroo

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sun Nov 25 2012 04:06 PM

Holy DOODLE, Sue (and I mean that in an artistic way).

We have a room in the basement that was (originally) supposed to be my "studio". Instead, it has evolved into a space where the husband throws everything he doesn't know what to do with because, God forbid, he should put anything in his pristine garage. He has the nerve to call it MY "crap room", although I haven't added any new residents like unwanted furniture, tools, exercise equipment and 2 vacuums ad nauseum.

I just showed him your picture and told him that this is what a real artist's workspace SHOULD look like (if one could actually open the door LOL!).

(and no, not providing a picture. Did I mention the door issue? lol)
Posted by: ertrum

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sun Nov 25 2012 05:45 PM

We had an unwelcome visitor a few years back.
Posted by: Christinap

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sun Nov 25 2012 05:53 PM

Ertrum, is that real and if so what on earth did you do about it?

This is my dining room. Please excuse the wonky lightshade, the fitting was broken at the time I took the photo, and the dog crate doesn't normally live there either.

Re: The New Theme is.... - Mon Nov 26 2012 11:23 AM

It was real. It's a black snake, which is harmless. So, with some care, I caught it and showed it the door.

You may find a picture of that eviction here: http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m556/ertrum2/snaksorsist.jpg
Posted by: ClaraSue

Re: The New Theme is.... - Mon Nov 26 2012 04:04 PM

The breakfast nook.

Posted by: satguru

Re: The New Theme is.... - Mon Nov 26 2012 05:08 PM

Not the current place (we posted our workrooms some time back so added there already) but where we lived from 1965-93 and would buy back today if someone gave me the money. This was the landing looking into my bedroom.

Posted by: tellywellies

Re: The New Theme is.... - Fri Nov 30 2012 04:23 AM

As a follow up to the photos I've been showing of the house conversion in Photo-a-Day, just one more here showing the pull-out larder units ..and what larder is complete without a pot or two of Marmite. smile

Posted by: AlexxSchneider

Re: The New Theme is.... - Fri Nov 30 2012 07:09 PM

This is my bathroom. I like the jungle feel of it, and the contrast between the black and the pastel colors.

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sat Dec 01 2012 06:04 AM

Wow! That's very cool Alexx!

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sat Dec 01 2012 05:06 PM

Living room, boring after Alex's splendid effort! Just picture me slummocked on sofa, remote in hand.

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sat Dec 01 2012 06:23 PM

We recently completely redid our lounge with built in units. I especially wanted a lit display cabinet for the Swarovski figures and I'm really pleased with the results

Posted by: AlexxSchneider

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sat Dec 01 2012 11:06 PM

Ren and Jakeroo, thank you for your compliments. I happen to like your living room too, Ren! smile
Posted by: satguru

Re: The New Theme is.... - Tue Dec 11 2012 08:04 PM

This was my kitchen just after it was finished. I posted one view at the time but think this is looking the other way

Re: The New Theme is.... - Wed Dec 12 2012 04:02 AM

The other half of our sitting room - the built in furniture is behind the seats

Re: The New Theme is.... - Wed Dec 12 2012 05:43 PM

The master bath. I pretend I'm at a spa.

Posted by: spanishliz

Re: The New Theme is.... - Thu Dec 13 2012 04:37 PM

I didn't think I'd have one to post here, as I would have to do at least a bit of tidying first, but yesterday caught Precious at our "entertainment centre", trying to watch a DVD instead of whatever was on TV. She presses the EJECT button, then tries to nibble the tray...

It's also a VCR, and sometimes she will play a tape instead.

Re: The New Theme is.... - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:46 PM

Clever cat!

Re: The New Theme is.... - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:49 PM

(Technically, my office, but no matter)
My daughter drew this a few years back.

Re: The New Theme is.... - Fri Dec 14 2012 05:35 PM

Thanks all, Now we are coming up to Christmas (who noticed?) So maybe a few decorated homes for the final week of this theme, although the next one will be Christmas holiday based. Ideas?
Posted by: MotherGoose

Re: The New Theme is.... - Fri Dec 14 2012 07:39 PM

"Living room, boring after Alex's splendid effort! Just picture me slummocked on sofa, remote in hand."

Ren - it brings back lovely memories for me!

Re: The New Theme is.... - Fri Dec 14 2012 08:25 PM

Thanks dear Carole, it was great to see you too!
Posted by: martin_cube

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sun Dec 16 2012 10:45 AM

This is my tree (brand new) as decorated by my niece.

You can see a present underneath, a gift from one of my American team
mates. I've been good & it's unopened. smile

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sun Dec 16 2012 12:02 PM

Lovely, and well done for not opening the present

Re: The New Theme is.... - Sun Dec 16 2012 01:23 PM

This is the most important corner of my home. I try to visit it every few days. laugh

Posted by: JaneMarple

Re: The New Theme is.... - Mon Dec 17 2012 12:26 PM

Our tree, all decorated for the festive season ...

Re: The New Theme is.... - Mon Dec 17 2012 10:17 PM

Okay, I don't have any pictures to post, so I'll just gab on (as usual).

Ren: your livingroom is lovely. I'm particularly intrigued by your window. Are those "insets" there for security reasons or aesthetic ones? They're quite pretty. I must say that although I dream of having an off-white couch in my house, it's never going to happen (we're the messy sort lol).

Christina: Love your builtins and the display case in the middle makes for a perfect balance. Oh, and my husband wants your TV!

Satguru: Okay, your kitchen is way too tidy. Do you have have more things in those cupboards than what is visible in the picture? lol

ClaraSue: I'm afraid if I had a bathroom like that one, I might never leave the house! And a winerack is ever so much more convenient than some old musty cellar. You're so sensible : )

SpanishLiz: Sometimes I think your cat should have been named "Precocious", not "Precious". Too funny with the button pushing!

Ertrum: What a good dad you are - hanging the artwork properly rather than pasting it to the fridge : )

Martin/Jane: Very festive trees.

Re: The New Theme is.... - Mon Dec 17 2012 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Jakeroo

Ren: your livingroom is lovely. I'm particularly intrigued by your window. Are those "insets" there for security reasons or aesthetic ones?

Thanks, they are decorative/protective metal sliding doors. I can lock them and slide the glass outside ones back in summer to let the breeze through. They also have mesh to stop mosquitoes, so they are useful.
Posted by: sue943

Re: The New Theme is.... - Tue Dec 18 2012 04:28 AM

Sheesh, you all tidied up, dusted and put the vacuum cleaner round before taking your photos!

Re: The New Theme is.... - Tue Dec 18 2012 06:34 AM

ertrum, what a lovely drawing your daughter did! Do you have other pieces of artwork she did? I've always wished I had a drawing or painting talent. Is that a watercolor?

Re: The New Theme is.... - Tue Dec 18 2012 06:37 AM

But Sue, by not giving dusting priority you reveal your true devotion to your Art!Creativity should always come first.
Posted by: SilverMoonsong

Re: The New Theme is.... - Tue Dec 18 2012 06:47 AM

The piano and a cross-stitch I made about 15+ years ago. Finally found the right spot to hang it. smile

Re: The New Theme is.... - Tue Dec 18 2012 11:06 AM

ClaraSue, yes, it's a watercolor.
Jakeroo and Clara, thanks. She won a prize here in NC for another watercolor she did (which, sadly, I don't have on my wall)

Speaking of which, have you noticed how much better things look when they're framed properly (or typed up and put neatly into the binder if it's a paper)?

Re: The New Theme is.... - Tue Dec 18 2012 12:21 PM

Jakeroo - thanks - sorry about the TV though, I think my husband would have a fit if I gave it away.

SM - Wow, love the crossstitch.