December is upon us!

Posted by: ren33

December is upon us! - Fri Nov 30 2012 05:28 PM

Opening this one today and I am sure we will get our usual wonderful pics from you all.The great thing about this forum is you can love a picture for so many different reasons. It is a joy to see the diversity. Thanks all for your wonderful input.
Posted by: ClaraSue

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Nov 30 2012 05:46 PM

First Christmas photo! Actually this is last year's Christmas morning. ClaraSue knows which one of the stockings is hers and will stand there waiting for me to pull it down for her to rummage through.

Posted by: satguru

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Nov 30 2012 05:47 PM

So it doesn't vanish in a few hours here's one for tomorrow (it's nearly midnight). This road in St Mary Cray turned out to be blocked and had to turn round soon after this point and find another route. There's a cemetery on the right next to a railway line.

Posted by: dg_dave

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Nov 30 2012 09:53 PM

Taken off Midway Rd. and Park Blvd. in Plano, at Prestonwood Baptist Church. They put this up each year, and I finally got a picture of it!
Posted by: Chavs

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 01 2012 03:56 AM

That's an uplifting photo!

A winter wader yesterday evening - a Turnstone.
Posted by: CmdrK

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 01 2012 11:52 AM

Hope springs eternal. But it's the first of December. In New Hampshire! These must be northern tulips.
Posted by: Howie72

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 01 2012 12:03 PM

The next day we went on the 7 mile long Cwmcarn Forest Drive. This is possibly the Tyn-ffynon Farm in green Welsh valley, seen just at the start of the walk to the Twmbarlwm hillfort.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 05:45 AM

Wow, Howie, that's incredibly beautiful and such a fantastic photo. I feel I could walk into the picture and find fairy tale folk everywhere.

(I'm still on a black & white kick.)

Posted by: zorba_scank

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 05:57 AM

Dgdave, that signboard is beautiful. Glad you got to take a picture of it. Love the valley by Howie and Chav's rose too.

Posted by: Santana2002

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 07:05 AM

Whilst idly rummaging through the many cases and crates of "stuff" my husband packed away in the attic after clearing his deceased mother's house, I stumbled across this little treasure:

Now, I must plug it in to see if it still works (I suspect it will), but it weighs a tonne, and I can hardly lift it. will have to wait till hubby has a spare half an hour so that he can carry it down for me.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 07:27 AM

Erm, she does know you didn't have to plug them in? My dad had one just like that! What memories.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 08:12 AM

Aaah, but if I tap on the keys at present, they don't move! The carriage return (and its little ding-ding bell) work just fine. I assumed it needed to me plugged in for the keyboard to work. There must be something else not right...

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 08:37 AM

It is an electric one??
Posted by: spanishliz

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 08:40 AM

A bit of oil, perhaps, to unjam the keys? Or even more vigourous tapping? I learned to type on one similar to this, and some force is necessary smile I'd have a hard time with this one though, as the keyboard isn't QWERTYUIOP! The German machine I used to have, with the A and Z reversed, was bad enough!

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 09:02 AM

There's a motor on the left hand side, ren, towards the back, you can just about see it sticking out there in the photo.

And well spotted, spanishliz, it is an AZERTY keyboard, the usual layout here in France. I learned to type on a QWERTY and manipulate both types every single day now for the last 6 or 7 years (QWERTY at home and AZERTY at work), I still manage to mix up which one I'm using at any particular time ... (hence a good few of my typos)
Posted by: JaneMarple

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 11:03 AM

No pictures to show but love the typewriter. As much as I love my computers, I have good memories of "proper typewriters" and especially the satisfying "ding" smile
Posted by: sue943

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 11:36 AM

I used to use one similar, but querty, and not electric. I think when the ribbon got to the end it used to lock up but I am guessing since it has a motor then it is something else.

Chavs, I love your rose.
Posted by: Christinap

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 12:28 PM

Chavs, I love your rose.

I learnt to type on a similar machine to that - and you need a lot of force to get the keys to work compared to today's keyboards - a bit of WD40 perhaps would help free it up. Having had another look I can't see a carriage return handle at all, and it does look like a motor on the side, so perhaps it is an early electric.
Posted by: Copago

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 02 2012 10:09 PM

I agree, the rose photo is beautiul.

A bird looking for a feed over the water.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 03 2012 04:41 AM

Some of the local residents on 'The Mountain Walk' to the Iron Age hillfort of Twmbarlwm, Wales.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 03 2012 04:43 PM

Oh how lovely. What a gorgeous little foal

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 03 2012 04:47 PM

I spent ages looking for a couple of corner display carbinets. Everything I found was either way too expensive or the wrong size. Eventually got a pair of these at the local auction for the bargain price of 25 for the two.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 03 2012 06:35 PM

wow - bargain! I really like that corner one .. nice buy.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 03 2012 07:27 PM

It's surprising what you can pick up in auction rooms. Over here so called "brown" furniture is not very popular at the moment so you can get some really good quality stuff at almost give away prices.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 03 2012 08:32 PM

I forgot to say that I also love the rose! The wee foal is lovely, and I want a cabinet like that!

Here's a rather fuzzy shot of Precious today, looking out the window at a neighbour cat and wondering just why he/she is on our deck!

[

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 04 2012 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: spanishliz
looking out the window at a neighbour cat and wondering just why he/she is on our deck!

I should hope so. One has to preserve standards.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 04 2012 05:47 AM

lol, Quite!

Gosh, thank you for those lovely compliments.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 04 2012 12:08 PM

I went on a small stroll around the perimeter of most of Timaru, about 25 to 30km on December 2nd so took a few photos on the way. Before I get back to the Wales photos, I shall bore you with some of them. First up is a rural view towards the foothills and mountains. Of course, the sheep just had to sneak into the view.....

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 04 2012 06:25 PM

Thats so lovely, Howie!

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 04 2012 07:17 PM

My husband really wanted to buy this, but, for the good of his health, decided against!

Posted by: ozzz2002

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 04 2012 07:25 PM

Smart man. smile
Posted by: AlexxSchneider

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 04 2012 09:39 PM

Last week, I got to see my university again, as I attended my brother's (here on Funtrivia as reeshy) graduation. Bittersweet. Here's one of the quadrangles in the main building.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 04 2012 11:17 PM

Impressive building!

poor Precious!

Here is a spoonbill and some ducks hanging out of the last of the water on the swamp.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 05 2012 12:20 PM

We woke up to snow this morning. Susie thought this was the best thing ever. Here she is in her outside run loving every second of it - earlier she tore round the garden at around 100mph.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 05 2012 03:14 PM

Great photos, everyone! I've just about torn all my hair out trying to get Photobucket to work for me. Is anyone else having problems lately?

This is the Great Salk Lake in Utah. Photo taken about two weeks ago.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 05 2012 04:34 PM

I've had problems with it. Wouldn't upload, then when it did it wouldn't let me resize.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 05 2012 05:05 PM

Clarasue, that's lovely - something quite eerie and yet ethereal about it.

Christina, lol, that's one lucky dog!!

Copago, your bird photo is stunning. The reflection is lovely, and the composition and colours are delicious.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 05 2012 05:56 PM

Just what every one wants to get - a birdie at the golf course. This bird is a spur-winged plover enjoyng a round at the Gleniti Gold Course.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 05 2012 06:44 PM

I've often wondered what the Great Salt Lake looked like, thanks for that ClaraSue. It looks sort of shimmery, almost like a mirage.

Chavs, yes she loves her outside run, and this morning in the snow it was perfect for her to let off steam. I've never had a dog that didn't go loopy in snow. There just seems to be something about it that sets them off.

Copago - that is a great photo. Does the swamp dry up every year and then return when rains come?

Howie - hope it didn't nick your balls.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 05 2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Howie - hope it didn't nick your balls.

This has made me laugh, heartily! smile

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 05 2012 09:18 PM

Liz!! I am surprised at you!!(Me too lol)

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 06 2012 05:55 AM

There's been water in there since floods two years ago, Christina, but it'll probably be dry for a long time now. It was ten years since it had water in it before. smile

We have plovers here but they don't seem nearly as bug as yours, Howie. Must try and get a pic of them.

A 3D map of Narnia

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 06 2012 08:19 AM

Little America is a Motel/Restaurant/Travel Center located in Flagstaff, Arizona (actually, there are two more Little America's located in Wyoming). Every year the trees are decorated with thousands upon thousands of tiny lights.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 06 2012 08:41 AM

Pretty!!

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 06 2012 09:00 AM

A garden visitor a few days ago. A sparrowhawk, just casually perched on the beack of a garden seat hoping something will be unwary enough to not spot him.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 06 2012 09:15 AM

In the interests of science I decided to put some Marmite in a tin and hit it with a spoon - oh go and read the Marmite thread in the Lounge! Anyway here are the results, I gave up after a while as my arm was aching. I put a blob in the middle and bashed it, then gradually moved on so that you can see how it was changing, I am sure that it would have gone white if I had banged it for long enough.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 06 2012 09:53 AM

Well, this isn't called FunTrivia for nothing. We all learned something new today. grin
Posted by: ertrum

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 06 2012 08:43 PM

Yep - that bashing Marmite with a spoon makes for a pretty picture!

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 06 2012 10:29 PM

I wonder if people have too much time to spare when they go into their kitchen specifically to bash the living daylights out of Marmite. Maybe a little dogwalking, gardening or sock darning?

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 07 2012 04:37 AM

Brilliant, Sue! grin

It seemed like a good idea at the time smile I'd say we'll end up here on Christmas day so will most likely do this that day too.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 07 2012 05:38 AM

There's posh, one's own lake!

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 07 2012 08:23 AM

I love seeing Christmas trees decorated in the middle of nowhere. Traveling the U.S. the way I do, I see a lot of trees alongside the highways decorated this time of year. Sometimes, they're miles from anything.

I showed the trees in Flagstaff yesterday; here's a close up of one to show just how many lights are used.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 07 2012 09:01 AM

My goodness.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 07 2012 12:14 PM

They really are fabulous ClaraSue. Must take a lot of time to string that many lights on that many trees

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 07 2012 02:39 PM

This gull kind of fits the weather around here - gray, brown and dreary.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 07 2012 03:13 PM

After about an hour and 20 minutes of walking I found myself at the western end of Centennial Park, ready to walk right through to where the Otipua creek meets the ocean. Quite possibly another two and a half hours of walking (and then another hour and a half to get home)....my poor feet got blisters after all of this, I need new shoes.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 07 2012 04:43 PM

Snow covered bush in the garden. Looks pretty from indoors, if only I didn't actually have to go out in it at all I'd be quite happy.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 07 2012 05:53 PM

Very Narnia! Lovely.

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 08 2012 06:39 AM

Eek! That looks cold.

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 08 2012 12:08 PM

Nowhere new added this week, but here's a typical village in Swanley from the last one. I hope to do another trip soon though but it gets dark very early for the next few months.

School Lane jct by satguru, on Flickr

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 08 2012 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: sue943
Eek! That looks cold.

Actually it wasn't too bad. No wind at all so it didn't feel anywhere near as cold as it could have done.

Chavs, Aslan is lurking just out of shot round the corner grin

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 08 2012 09:45 PM

The snow pic is gorgeous, Christinap!

This is Belle .. one of our neighbours ... with quite a set of ears.
Posted by: bhs63

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 08 2012 10:50 PM

Beaufort, SC sunset

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 09 2012 12:36 AM

Stunning!

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 09 2012 05:45 AM

The start of the pathway at the western end of Centennial Park.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 09 2012 06:15 AM

That sunset is completely stunning, wonderful picture

Thanks Copago - can Belle get satellite TV on those ears?

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 09 2012 07:20 AM

The dog is either a Papillon or very similar.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 09 2012 02:19 PM

She's a border collie, pure bred apparently. Hard to see how big she is from teh photo. I said her ears must come form a Papillon too smile

This is a sand goanna that was hanging around yesterday.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 10 2012 03:00 PM

Nice catch. Isn't its skin amazing? All those dots.

Originally Posted By: Christinap

Chavs, Aslan is lurking just out of shot round the corner grin

I believe you. I think I found one of the narnia bears the other day, at an ice sculpture demonstration.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 10 2012 05:07 PM

Brilliant, I love ice sculptures, so clever.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 10 2012 05:08 PM

It's hard to get photos in the daylight now unless I stay local, this is in Crawley.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 10 2012 05:11 PM

Here's Aslan surveying hus kingdom

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 10 2012 05:35 PM

Beautiful lion!

Copago, just how big is a sand goanna? It looks huge!

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 11 2012 02:47 AM

Centennial Park was the site of a quarry, the basalt (bluestone) rocks from a volcanic eruption used for the harbour came from there. These are the remains of the railway used to haul the rocks out.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 11 2012 06:53 AM

Loving all the photos so far this month, so diverse in theme, colour and style! I've a fun one to share today. My son and I have just have a blast shooting paper 'peas' at each other from our (primitive) home-made pea-shooters:

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 11 2012 08:07 PM

I didn't want to take photos in the dark, but at the moment it isn't long before it is, and at least it is now still possible. Christmas lights in Reigate.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 11 2012 08:59 PM

While in Long Beach, California last week, I saw these wooden posts from an old pier. They were just banded together and sitting near a sidewalk about a mile from the beach.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 03:59 AM

Frosty morning (and yes that is frost not snow)

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 06:11 AM

Thanks to All! Please click here so I can say
Happy Christmas to all of you here in the "Foto-freds." You are just the greatest! Have a Wonderful Holiday and remember to post in the New Theme thread (Christmas)coming up next week. Love to all

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 08:04 AM

Thank you, Ren, and a Merry Christmas to you! smile

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 09:32 AM

Awww! Merry Christmas, Ren smile
Posted by: Tekka

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 10:07 AM

I have been looking at everyone's photos for the last couple of months and have so enjoyed being taken around the world with all of your beautiful pictures, thank you all so much for sharing. Your Christmas 'card' is very touching Ren and I too wish everyone here a joyous Christmas and God bless you all - Tekka (Joy)

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 12:37 PM

Thank you Ren. Happy Christmas to you, and to everyone else on the friendliest forum on FT.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: ClaraSue

Copago, just how big is a sand goanna? It looks huge!

He wasn't the biggest I've ever seen but this one was a bit more than 2 feet long. the tail is probably more than half that smile here's a pic that will give you a bit more of an idea.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 01:58 PM

The only time I have been at Stafford Street, Timaru at any time resembling night(this was just after 9pm last Thursday after the latest museum exhibition opening). Of course it was not dark enough and had been raining....The decorations used to be much better.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 02:35 PM

Holy goanna, Batman! Guess I'll cross Oz off as a possible place to retire. =:0

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 03:13 PM

That thing is smiling!

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 03:55 PM

Yeah, I'm not going near that thing! He IS huge!

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 05:16 PM

Do they bite?
Posted by: MotherGoose

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 05:27 PM

He's gorgeous - I love goannas!

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 05:48 PM

He is beautiful. Do they bite?

Heading down the highway in Montana.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 12 2012 09:51 PM

Very nice card Sara, and to you!

I was taking something else here so took the road as well which is about a mile from here in Kingsbury.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 13 2012 05:08 PM

Frosted cobweb

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 13 2012 05:29 PM

Gosh, that's amazing Christina!

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 13 2012 06:28 PM

We had a really hard frost and freezing fog the night before last and it left the cobwebs looking more like ropes the frost was so thick on them. This one and a couple attached to the back of a shed were still pretty near perfect and just looked so amazing.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 13 2012 07:58 PM

I could have zoomed a bit on this as without the paint the small letters are tough to read. In 1965 the county of Middlesex was abolished and incorporated into the enlarged Greater London, and all the boroughs were also merged and abolished, Wembley and Willesden joining into Brent. So although we had partly London postcodes from way back that wasn't an administrative boundary so Kingsbury was part of Wembley not London. There's a similar sign in Willesden and due to a little bike ride to the shops yesterday the first in Wembley borough has surfaced, and almost certainly pre-war.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 14 2012 03:18 AM

You could probably date it more accurately by doing research on the Town Clerk to find out when he was in the position. 5 sounds like a huge fine for that time and 'crime', that would be more than most people earned in a week. I can certainly remember similar signs, but Southampton, during the 1950s.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 14 2012 03:47 AM

Hmmmm.......shall I take the high bridge or the low bridge?

Posted by: Dotb

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 14 2012 05:37 AM

This is the view from my new classroom.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:25 PM

How do you ever get any work done?

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:40 PM

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:43 PM

Howie, ye'll tak the high bridge, I'll tak the low bridge....

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 15 2012 03:56 PM

Once were moas smile

While I remember, I ended up taking the low bridge smile

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 15 2012 06:21 PM

Another photo from the frost the other morning

Posted by: MikeMaster99

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 15 2012 11:37 PM

Slight change of scene....

This fellow (girl?), a moray eel, was wrapped around a clump of coral just offshore from Heron Island on the southern Great Barrier Reef. He bared his teeth for this photo (I think) to protect his food (the green fish seen below him).

I'm still very much a newbie taking photos underwater (Canon PowerShot D20) - most are just blurs. But the scenery is spectacular... more photos over the next few days. And to complete the story, the water temp is a very balmy 27C (81F). I keep telling myself that work is making me do this :-)

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 01:05 AM

that is a really cool shot, Mike!
Posted by: Daaanieeel

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 04:20 AM

Ah, sorry everyone, I haven't had the time to get the camera out, but here is a slightly older one I found on my computer. I found this little spot near the river after deciding to go a bit off my normal route, and I'm glad I did. Nearby is a wild waterbird reserve, where you can catch glimpses of some rare species (just don't take your dog!).

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 04:32 AM

We're spending the weekend with my brothers and went out looking at Christmas lights tonight smile

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 12:04 PM

Martin, I love that photo but how big is that eel, looks pretty big in the photo.

Dan - looks lovely and peaceful there. Sort of place to just sit and contemplate on a hot day.

Copago - Wow - is that a private house?

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 02:11 PM

This is the main road in Sevenoaks, I couldn't have done that with the old camera

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 03:17 PM

Christmas decorations at the Beau Rivage Resort and Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi. The red ornament stood at least 6 feet tall.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 05:55 PM

At first it looks as though the trees are tiny!
Posted by: LeoDaVinci

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 06:53 PM

Letting sparks fly.
Using a grinder while on-the-job. I wish I had had my real camera with me.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 07:59 PM

Anyone else having trouble with Photobucket. I never log out, but today it has logged me out and now won't recognise my user name to let me back in.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 08:04 PM

Not having that particular problem, Christinap, but I have a problem almost daily with Photobucket. Which is why I haven't been posting much lately. Hope you can get back in.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 08:27 PM

Thou shall not pass....

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 16 2012 08:28 PM

Do you want me to ask them for help Clara Sue. If so PM me your user name and I will.
Posted by: Dotb

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 17 2012 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Christinap
Anyone else having trouble with Photobucket. I never log out, but today it has logged me out and now won't recognise my user name to let me back in.

I have had the exact same thing happen to me. I've been using facebook because of trouble with photobucket. frown

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 17 2012 04:44 AM

Try Flickr. You need a yahoo email address and it's limited to 200 photos for free accounts (but then you can just set up a new yahoo email address and start a new account.)

Lovely Christmas decorations everyone, and the frosted berries and cobwebs are the eco-friendly version of course!, and those sparks are fab, as is the bird.

I've been unimpressed with Christmas decorations around here. I liked the simple tree in front of the church best.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 17 2012 11:13 AM

This was the last photo I took yesterday before it was too dark and the auto focus packed up

If anyone knows how to override the system on a Lumix camera so it focuses by eye rather than just giving up in low light I can get even longer before it gets completely dark. Normally you press the button and it does its thing before taking the photo, although you can press it immediately most of the time and it does exactly the same thing. But once it gets any darker than this it focuses for a moment and then lets it go completely nearly every go, but works again when it's completely dark.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 17 2012 04:45 PM

Sorry everyone, ignore this, Trying to work out how to upload from flickr.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 17 2012 05:18 PM

Click share and BB code for 640 and copy the code over, and then probably remove the last two command lines as they just link back to it with text under the photo. I always used Photobucket till then as Flickr didn't have 640 sizes or sharing for some time.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 17 2012 05:20 PM

Thanks satguru

When the red red robin comes bob bob bobbin along!

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 17 2012 08:54 PM

Chris, great photo and I'm wishing for a tiny bit of that cool weather - it's very hot and humid here.

The head of the eel was the size of a large fist although the teeth still looked pretty menacing! After a consultation with my marine biology colleagues, it was identified as a Honeycomb Moray Eel.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 18 2012 03:26 AM

That looks like it's straight of a Christmas card, Christina! Lovely.

those Christmas lights were on a house. It's a big thing here for people to have a bazillion lights on their houses. That particular one is on a street with lots of houses decorated .. out of twenty houses there was probably 14 done up. Hundreds of people wandering around looking and even a Mr Whippy can parked there selling ice creams lol.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 18 2012 03:28 AM

wow, ClaraSue. That is cool. Took me a sec to work out what I was looking at!

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 18 2012 03:36 AM

Noah has grown up a bit...

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 18 2012 05:37 AM

Oh bless, he is gorgeous
Posted by: SilverMoonsong

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 18 2012 06:09 AM

My baby just turned 4 last month!

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 18 2012 06:46 AM

That photo does look like a Christmas card, Christinap! Beautiful.

What an adorable puppy, Daaanieeel! And all the toys are intact! ClaraSue and Alex gut all of theirs. I'm constantly picking up cotton stuffing. laugh

SM, your "baby" is gorgeous!

Still at the Beau Rivage, here's a 12 foot soldier to add to the Christmas collection.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 18 2012 11:01 AM

Another of my country roads, this is in Westerham

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 18 2012 12:16 PM

Thanks Mike and ClaraSue - perhaps I should think about using it as a Christmas card next year. I'm sure Sue could give me some card making tips.

SM - your baby is gorgeous.
Dan - how do you manage to keep the toys intact? I can't give Susie stuffed toys they last about 10 minutes

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 18 2012 09:13 PM

Lovely Christmas decorations, ClaraSue. Noah and "baby" both look so huggable.

Parliament building at Budapest
Posted by: Jakeroo

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 18 2012 10:56 PM

ahhh, typical incredibly beautiful submission by zorba (as usual) : ))))

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 19 2012 03:56 AM

Wow.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 19 2012 04:48 PM

Oh that is gorgeous Zorba

Misty morning

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 19 2012 07:11 PM

The M25 goes over the road in Westerham

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 19 2012 07:44 PM

Stunning, Zorba!

Jinx alseep on my workboots.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 19 2012 10:02 PM

Beautiful, Zorba!
Christinap, your misty morning looks like a very cold morning!
Jill, that's a great photo. I'm beginning to think you need to put together a photo book of life on a station. You have a great collection of photos to show off.

So, the other day ClaraSue was complaining that I hadn't fed her breakfast yet, so she plopped herself in front of her bowl and moaned and groaned until I put food in her dish. Then when I did, she didn't even get up to eat! She just scooted closer and ate her whole breakfast while lying down. I guess there's a first time for everything! laugh

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 19 2012 10:11 PM

It is quite obvious what she was saying
"You have rendered me so weak and helpless not providing the sustenance that I deserve(ON TIME) that I find myself unable to walk to my bowl."

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 19 2012 10:11 PM

Beautiful, Zorba! Gorgeous robin! Loving all the doggie photos, too smile Precious, however, says it is time for a cat picture...

(This is not upside down. She was squirming.)

[edited to resize, which I'm not finding difficult at all with the new Photobucket...]

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 12:19 AM

Tell her there is always time for a cat picture and we all love a good squirm.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 01:18 AM

As always, I'm loving all the pet photos and that Budapest shot is simply stunning!

I tried to get a good photo of one of the several sea turtles we saw while snorkelling on Heron Island. Here's my best effort...

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 03:24 AM

ClaraSue - it was a very cold morning. Still well below freezing when I took that and it was around 10am.

Mike, love that photo, the bubbles give it a sort of surreal effect.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 04:00 AM

Zorba, that is a fantastic photo! Loving all the other pet photos as well, and that is a nice looking misty morning! Mike, lovely photo (I also loved your eel!).

I'm not sure how Noah doesn't completely destroy the toys- they are a bit wrecked, but not completely destroyed as you noted. Ha, Zorba, good luck hugging him- he'll just wriggle about and bite you! The biting isn't fun at all...

This is the wildlife reserve I mentioned a couple of photos ago. I wasn't able to spot any rare birds, but I'll try again soon as wildlife photography is a hobby of mine (I do love animals!).

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 02:26 PM

Love the turtle! And I hope you post some photos of your rare birds, Daniel!

Here is sunrise yesterday.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 03:11 PM

That is unbelievable, Jill!

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 04:32 PM

That is just beautiful

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 05:26 PM

Happy Christmas, fellow Photo-a-Dayers.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 06:36 PM

The turtle and bubbles look great, MM.

Jill, what a beautiful sunrise! Chavs, that's pretty enough to be a Christmas card.

This is the Port Allen Canal Lock complete with tug boat and barge, in Port Allen, Louisiana located just west of Baton Rouge.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 07:53 PM

I took advantage of how photogenic the fish looked at the pet store a few nights ago.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 20 2012 09:13 PM

I see a future photo of the month/year there Jill!

In 1933 British road signs were standardised, and remained similar until 1964 when we went over to the ones they use on the continent. This direction sign was made before then, as although the design continued the arrow was standardised and removed the feathers, as was the font which was wider than this. I have trawled the net and as there were no rules have found a number of feathered arrows left with from one to five feathers each side. If you painted over the fancy bits this would become the arrow which followed it, which then became tapered later on.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 21 2012 07:50 AM

Fabulous Alex! I bet Sue nicks that one Chavs!
To warn you, The theme thread will change on Saturday (22nd) and I will just call it Holiday, so you can put Christmas stuff in (or not).
It seems no time since we did the 12 days of Christmas . That was a nice thread,eh?

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 21 2012 08:05 AM

Link to 12 Days of Christmas thread last year.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 21 2012 08:54 AM

That was a great thread! Lots of fun smile

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 21 2012 11:41 AM

That thread was great fun, you members really had somme excellent inventive ideas!

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 21 2012 02:13 PM

Some flamin' galahs laugh

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 21 2012 03:12 PM

Jill, what is your camera again? You are taking some great photos! I'm in the market for a new one.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 21 2012 03:19 PM

They're fabulous, what pretty birds

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 21 2012 09:04 PM

Beautiful birds! Beautiful fish! Cool signs!

This was the view out my front window this morning...

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 21 2012 10:46 PM

Thanks all. Jake, you are too kind. smile
Copago, I loved the photo of Jinx asleep on the boots and the sunrise was awesome as well.
Chavs, beautiful Christmas photo.
SpanishLiz, lovely photo. I'm glad you'll post such nice snow pics, it's something I never get to see (or want to, for that matter :p).

St. Mark's Cathedral, Bangalore

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 22 2012 05:06 AM

Thank you. These architectural photos are lovely.

Nice to see some snow, I agree, and nice to see Alex's summer colours in the midst of all these greys and pastels we have here at the moment.

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 22 2012 05:31 AM

Wonderful photo Chavs - very atmospheric

After a night of near torrential rain we found things pretty much floating under our kitchen window this morning

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 22 2012 07:23 AM

Thanks, Christina.

Oh my! A horrible find to wake up to. I hope you donn't get any more rain!

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 22 2012 01:08 PM

Jill, what is your camera again? You are taking some great photos! I'm in the market for a new one.

It is a sony cybershot HX200V. ( http://www.sony.com.au/product/dsc-hx200v )
I love it - I seldom use any of the manual features because what it does it so good smile I just loving having that much zoom for photos of the boy (and other animals wink ).

uhoh Christina! Has it all drained away?
Lovely Chavs.

In contrast to Liz's snow here is the lake as still as glass. We;re going to be spending a lot of time up there over the next few days. smile

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 22 2012 04:55 PM

It has drained away now thank goodness, but we have a lot more rain forecast. We havn't had it coming out of the ground like that in I don't know how long. We've got a pump on standby in case it gets too bad and starts looking like it might come in through the airbricks.

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 22 2012 05:57 PM

Lovely photos EVERYone!

Copago, thanks for the info about your camera

Alexx: love the fish. What brand of camera do you have? My aquarium pics generally come out all blurry unless the inhabits are pretty much motionless!

Speaking of which, I was just thinking (uh-oh lol) that it might be nice to have a separate sort of "camera review" thread, where folks could post what camera(s) they own (what they use them for if they have more than one) and what they like most/least about them, expense etc. People can add a link to a pic taken with that particular camera in the same post if they want. It might be quite helpful to have all this sort of info in "one place" rather than scrolling through all the threads to find out what folks are using (or if they were asked at some point, which I known several people have been)

What do you folks think?

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 22 2012 06:54 PM

I think that's a good idea. I know I've seen in various places what cameras some people are using but I wouldn't know where to find the information again.

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 22 2012 08:13 PM

Thanks, Jakeroo. It's a Kodak Easyshare C1450 - I had it on the 'close up' setting, which made catching the movement that little more difficult, and of course no flash, but this camera's macro settings are very very good. smile I do have a few more attempts where the fish were less stationary :P

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 22 2012 08:16 PM

Considerate it done! I love it when you "think", Jakeroo!

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 05:58 AM

Thank you for the camera info, Jill. I think a camera thread is a great idea.

Here's Alex looking sweet in his Christmas finery (actually he looks scared to death grin). See ClaraSue in the Theme thread. They both hate posing.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 06:21 AM

Jill, yer boots need a coat of polish! smile

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 01:19 PM

That is nothing new, Sue smile It's never high on my list of things to do!!

Love Alex .. too cute laugh

Here's a couple kangaroos, one with a passenger, coming in for a drink at the end of a hot day.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 01:59 PM

Aw those are great Jill.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 02:59 PM

After the strong criticism of a few people to what was supposed to be a fun celebration of (and thank you for) the photos posted during the year I have been thinking very seriously about never posting another photo. The approach of the 'Anking' to the Port of Timaru may still be the last one as I have still not fully made up my mind.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 04:49 PM

It was a celebration. And a thank you. Definitely. Please continue with your lovely photos. frown

Here's our local "live crib" nativity scene where austerity is apparently the watchword, so it's stripped down to one little donkey and one, er, goat.

Feeding time, and the goat gets to the ivy snack before the donkey does, and oh boy is he smug about that. I hope you all note that donkey's name! .

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 05:24 PM

It was a celebration Howie, please keep posting.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 09:54 PM

I have said this before and tried my best to explain. Howie, we treasure enjoy and admire all the photos here. I have had a wonderful time seeing and loving yours and for that , I would find it tragic if you left us.
The collection of photos that we decided to celebrate from this year were just that, a celebration. It was intended as a piece of fun, and to let the whole membership of Funtrivia see how wonderful our efforts(all of them) are. I don't know how else to say it,except that, in view of the negative views of a few of our valued members, there will not be another event like this again. We never intended to upset you like this. I stand by the honesty of my statement that this was intended purely as a celebration of the talents of all of us. Please stay.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 10:59 PM

As I mentioned to you, I enjoyed the competition and viewed it as a celabration and a thank you to those posting photos. I would be more than happy for it to be an annual event but it is the harsh criticism of it that I did not enjoy and that is making me consider whether I want to be a part of this. It would have been easy enough for people not wanting their photos as part of it to say so. There are things in the forums that I am not keen on but I don't say not to have them and to criticise them. I just leave them to those who enjoy them.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 11:14 PM

Sorry, Howie, I had got used to trying to explain and didn't read into your meaning properly. I am glad you see it as it was intended. That said I still don't want anyone to leave, whatever their feeling.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 11:21 PM

I know it was disappointing to see critism of what was meant to be a nice gesture but please get the thoughts of not posting any more out of your head, Howie!

It wasn't a competition it was just meant to be a bit of fun. I think some people took it that you would need wonderfully technical photos but I think the pics that made the short list were chosen becuase of "interest" factor and not technical brilliance. I enjoy every single photo that is posted here. From the beautiful photos that could be in exhibits to the slightly blurry photos of a beloved dog. They all have merit and I hope everyone will continue to share with us their little slice of the world.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 23 2012 11:52 PM

Please don't leave Howie. I was going to for the opposite reason, but have come to my senses.

Can we please just get back to posting photos? My stomach is churning again.
(Before we do, though, please don't say it wasn't a competition. There was voting and a winner; that is a competition.)

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 24 2012 12:03 AM

Okay, Liz. It was a competition.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 24 2012 03:48 AM

Sigh. I actually thought it was pretty cool that people who don't normally "live" here selected a bunch of photos that interested them, because it provided an entirely different perspective on things and we could have another look and get to see what those folks admired about them. Had it not gone further than that, I wouldn't have had a thing to disagree with lol.

I apologise to anyone I "upset" with my message (I removed/replaced the original yesterday). In any case, I'm only one voice. But I must say that even if there was a contest every week, it doesn't mean I would pack up my camera bag : )

Howie, you're obviously a much better person than I am and I respect your opinion. You're funny, charming and interesting - and your pictures reflect that. It would be a shame if we all couldn't go on celebrating them!

Anyway, speaking of celebrations, I hope whichever holiday is applicable this month for each of you around the world is a fun one and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 24 2012 01:06 PM

Lovely pic.

Another kangaroo wink
This one, though, was rescued by our neighbours and we get to look after her for a few days. laugh

here she is getting fed http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab261/copagostation/DSC00581800x600.jpg

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 24 2012 02:36 PM

Oh Jill , what a little sweetie!Those eyes are incredible!
Jakeroo, thanks for your wishes! That's a beautiful thingie.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 24 2012 05:21 PM

With all our bad weather I havn't had much change to get the camera out lately, so havn't posted much this month. I would however like to wish each and every one of you a very Happy Christmas, or whichever holiday you celebrate. May your God go with you.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 24 2012 05:47 PM

I have been caught in rain many times now and besides raindrops and wet lenses ploughed on as I was already there and found as long as you use a cloth and ignore the spots in the air you can still get something usable, but the short days have almost but not totally finished me off. I was heading for Crayford today (it happens), but although there were no schools traffic there was Christmas shopping traffic, and stopped in Sidcup after almost 2 hours and called it a day, having a good number of material already. This was about the last in Bickley and shows what is possible with a reasonable size camera and a steady hand or tripod.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 24 2012 09:48 PM

David: you're a patient soul! When I first glanced at that pic, it looked sort of like a ship (yes I know I'm weird). I gather it's a sign that shows a map of the neighbourhood?

Ren: the "thingie" is supposed to be an angel blowing a trumpet. She's weighed down with snow (Mother Nature can stop now - we have our white Christmas and then some, thanks lol) so her details are obscured. And sadly, she's had two terrible accidents involving wind during two "blizzards" (one of which she ended up over the fence on the right and into the neighbour's yard!). So parts of her are quite bent out of shape. Somehow that seems fitting for this time of year lol.

Jill: awwwwwwww on both pics. Did she lose her mum?
Posted by: ozzz2002

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 24 2012 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Jakeroo
When I first glanced at that pic, it looked sort of like a ship (yes I know I'm weird). I gather it's a sign that shows a map of the neighbourhood?

I guess I am weird, too. I thought it was a ship, too. smile

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 24 2012 10:22 PM

Ozzz: "Rut-roh" (in my best scooby doo voice) lol

Okay, I was feeling sorry for Alex and ClaraSue not being able to connect directly during the holiday season, so I'm performing a match.com manoeuvre lol...

Here's Alex looking sweet in his Christmas finery (actually he looks scared to death grin). See ClaraSue in the Theme thread. They both hate posing.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 25 2012 02:47 AM

The tugs giving the "Anking" a helping hand on approach to the Port of Timaru.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 25 2012 04:06 AM

And how glad I am to see them, Howie. smile

PS. Do you think it's too late to ask Santa for that baby kangaroo?

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 25 2012 09:07 AM

We have a White Christmas! This was taken just a few minutes ago, out my front window smile

The baby kangaroo is lovely!

[edited to post photo correctly...]

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 25 2012 11:20 AM

That sign is a piece of modern art, to go with the designs of the houses which were around the late 60s, and is indeed a map of the estate.

I have solved the focus problem more or less, when I was out today and couldn't get it to focus at all I thought I'd try the computerised exposure, which I'd never used till now as it uses the full pixels and produces massive files (excuse me missus), but there was no alternative and when I did the screen sprang into life. Now I can get round that issue it will double the photos I can take during the winter dark afternoons. This is a modern house in Hersham.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 25 2012 05:58 PM

Is your house like that too, Liz? It is absolutely the sweetest and I want to come and see it!

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 25 2012 06:31 PM

That's lovely Liz, so pretty, and gorgeous looking little houses.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 25 2012 08:13 PM

Love the snow! Lovely Liz.

I'm not sure of the back story of the roo but I would say that her Mum must have died.
Here is a first for me! A cat. She is one of the neighbour's cats who thought she'd pose for me.

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 25 2012 08:16 PM

and very pretty too!Almost as much a poser as Precious!

Re: December is upon us! - Tue Dec 25 2012 09:45 PM

Such a pretty kitty! (Don't tell Precious I said that, though!) My house is not quite the same, but all the ones on the opposite side of the street are. I'll try to get a pic of mine tomorrow during the day to post.
Posted by: JaneMarple

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 26 2012 04:46 AM

A absolutely beautiful present sent to me by one of my many "virtual" friends. A little bit of America to go on my tree smile
(it's to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the postal service)

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 26 2012 09:37 AM

Lucky you Jane!!

Here's some "reindeerbeer" that someone "dressed up" as a gift for my sister in law:

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 26 2012 11:18 AM

It's Christmas (it was that day) in Hersham

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 26 2012 02:32 PM

An echidna pretending that I wasn't there.
They are quite shy and you don't see these too often. Probably been a four or five years since I've seen one.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 26 2012 04:35 PM

It looks a bit like a hedgehog.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 26 2012 05:46 PM

Jill, I am so jealous of your life. You see so much interesting things.

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 26 2012 10:56 PM

I haven't taken that pic of my house yet, but Precious wanted me to show you one of her Christmas toys in any case smile

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 26 2012 11:10 PM

by the looks of her right eye they're spiked with catnip lol And please don't tell me those are "three blind mice". That would hardly be "sporting" (giggles)~~~

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 26 2012 11:14 PM

OK, I won't tell you... wink

Re: December is upon us! - Wed Dec 26 2012 11:32 PM

Ha! I love the Reindeerbeer. That's a neat gift that I'm going to have to copy.

The Holiday table.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 27 2012 03:31 AM

A sneaky little chaffinch sitting on a wooden fence post at the Centennial Park, Timaru. Don't ask why it is sneaky as don't really know....lol

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 27 2012 07:52 AM

LOL! Liz

ClaraSue: lovely table. I really like the ribbon running through it.

Somehow I don't think anyone will be having a picnic anytime soon lol

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 27 2012 12:58 PM

Nightfall by Chislehurst station. The days get longer now by 7 whole minutes a week so not too long before they start brightening up a bit.

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 27 2012 03:20 PM

wow at the snow! That is so cool. (in more ways than one!)

Cooling off after a hot day ...

Re: December is upon us! - Thu Dec 27 2012 05:02 PM

Love the sky in that photo Satguru

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 28 2012 12:08 AM

Great chaffinch photo! Beautiful sky! Wonderful doggy pic! (I've got enough snow here...)

Here's my little house, as promised, with snow, taken this morning after I'd been shovelling my walkway.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 28 2012 02:11 AM

What a sweet house indeed!I must check if we have ever had a "My House from the outside"theme. I think we did.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 28 2012 03:29 AM

That is pretty Spanishliz - love your blue shutters

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 28 2012 08:38 AM

Very picturesque!

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 28 2012 02:08 PM

Love it, Liz!

SOme cool cloud.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 28 2012 06:02 PM

This chaffinch seemed to be searching for a snack and not taking much notice of my approach though I was still far enough away not to be a big threat.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 28 2012 10:11 PM

Great pic!

The bird here is not so easy to see, but he's there in the corner of the awning, driving Precious crazy. This was taken yesterday, but the same scenario played out today, with the bird seeming to know that the window lessened the threat. I guess it is a nice little shelter from the snow and wind.

Re: December is upon us! - Fri Dec 28 2012 11:25 PM

Continuing the kitty theme...

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 29 2012 02:47 AM

I thought this gigantic reindeer looked pretty cool in Ghent (Belgium) last night:

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 29 2012 06:40 AM

It does!

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 29 2012 07:26 AM

It certainly "doe"s. wink Great photos from everyone!

I took a walk in Kings Park today. Here's a view of the city which I took on it.

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 29 2012 08:12 AM

Wow, your city looks so clean, Daaanieel. Great photos of the all the snow; it looks so cold there.

And there goes Mom on a walk out back on Christmas day.

Re: December is upon us! - Sat Dec 29 2012 08:10 PM

Wow, it looks an awful long way to where she was going. I hope she got back ok.

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 30 2012 05:04 AM

If you love somebody, set them free... wink

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 30 2012 09:35 AM

Lol! Chavs

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 30 2012 03:22 PM

I am going to visit you one day, CS, and climb that hill!

another kangaroo with passenger smile

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 30 2012 03:55 PM

The hill does seem closer than it actually is! Jill, you're welcome anytime! I plan on coming down to work your station. laugh

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 30 2012 04:52 PM

Greenwich station

Re: December is upon us! - Sun Dec 30 2012 04:56 PM

A group of winter violas blooming nicely

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 31 2012 06:44 AM

Happy New Year to one and all and may 2013 treat us all well. Here we are bringing in the new year at Caroline Bay, Timaru.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 31 2012 08:57 AM

Happy New Year to all! Here's to another great year of photos, fun and friendship!

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 31 2012 09:38 AM

Please don't close this one yet. It is still morning of New Year's Eve here, and I'm trying to get Photobucket to work!

I want to post something today, but not in the January thread (call me superstitious if you will...) Thanks smile

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 31 2012 09:49 AM

Yay! It works - I guess it was my turn to have Photobucket woes, eh.

Precious just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year, before the Canadians venture out in the snow for the evening, and hoping that everyone who is already up on New Year's Day isn't too hungover!

She is of the opinion that we have just a bit too much snow!

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 31 2012 12:09 PM

New flats (almost finished) in Camberwell with transparent yellow balconies

Posted by: bloodandsand

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 31 2012 02:14 PM

I love looking at all the threads in this section of the forums and would like to wish all who post such wonderful photographs a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. Looking forward to the new photographs in the forthcoming year.

Bev

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 31 2012 03:13 PM

Thanks to you Bev, and lets see some photos from you! All are very welcome.

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 31 2012 04:48 PM

Thank you Bev, and a very Happy New Year to you and yours as well.
Posted by: Tekka

Re: December is upon us! - Mon Dec 31 2012 04:58 PM

Happy 2013 to all - looking forward to seeing more of your photos:)