Rules
Terms of Use

Page 20 of 20 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20
Topic Options
#1153212 - Thu Dec 08 2016 06:23 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
Shadowmyst2004 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Ohio USA
So you wrote a quiz about a language that you know nothing about?

#1153642 - Wed Dec 14 2016 10:12 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
November4 Offline
Participant

Loc: Illinois USA
I have been waiting for close to a month now for my quiz to approved or rejected.

#1153645 - Wed Dec 14 2016 10:50 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
It was last submitted eight days ago.

Remember not to resave after submission, as that sends the quiz to the bottom of the queue. Also, make sure you make all the changes requested by your editor. Failing to do so results in longer wait times.

#1153652 - Thu Dec 15 2016 12:49 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: agony]
November4 Offline
Participant

Originally Posted By: agony
It was last submitted eight days ago.

Remember not to resave after submission, as that sends the quiz to the bottom of the queue. Also, make sure you make all the changes requested by your editor. Failing to do so results in longer wait times.

Thank you for letting me know. I originally submitted it and got a correction notice. I made the changes and resubmitted it. I'm know how hard the editors work and I appreciate it.

#1155212 - Tue Jan 03 2017 05:02 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
undudelike Offline
Participant

Loc: Alabama USA
I've got it published now - my quiz in French Language - but for three weeks no credit still. I think I got my five new ingredients - I'm not sure for sure - but when I try to go to the next level in Adventures in Authorship it still says I need to play the same topic "Languages" again. Sounds like this is a constant struggle from reading about this topic. Can anyone please help?

#1155218 - Tue Jan 03 2017 05:21 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: undudelike]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Originally Posted By: undudelike
I've got it published now - my quiz in French Language - but for three weeks no credit still. I think I got my five new ingredients - I'm not sure for sure - but when I try to go to the next level in Adventures in Authorship it still says I need to play the same topic "Languages" again. Sounds like this is a constant struggle from reading about this topic. Can anyone please help?

If it says you need to play a topic, that would mean playing quizzes in the category, not writing one. If you actually did need to write one in that category, did you check (as soon as you set up the template) to make sure that you saw a message saying that the template appeared to meet the requirements? If not, then you had misunderstood the requirement in some way.

Since your quiz doesn't seem to have meet the requirements (which will be instantly recognised - you can advance the minute it goes online, without any delay), I suggest you try again. Set up a template that you think will work, and check to see the confirmation message. If you don't see it, change the template - maybe the title has some requirement, maybe you need a specific subcategory, or some other tweak. Make a change, save the template, and check. Repeat until you see the message saying that it appears to be good, and you are ready to write. Remember to put a message to the editors saying that it is for AinA, and that you think it needs to include some specific word or be in some specific category, so your editor will know that you would rather make changes to keep it the way it is instead of having it be amended on your behalf.

Some of my AinA quizzes had a pretty lengthy testing process before I found the right combination, but you don't waste time writing a quiz that isn't actually going to work if you follow this process.

#1155274 - Wed Jan 04 2017 05:57 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:

I think you caught a bug. I've moved you forward.

#1156441 - Thu Jan 19 2017 11:49 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
November4 Offline
Participant

I have anxiously been waiting to hear if my quiz will be approved or if I need to correct it. It seems like it has been in the queue longer than usual. Oh the agony! I'm on pins and needles!

#1156480 - Fri Jan 20 2017 09:50 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
If it is in Hobbies, the "rough queue size" gives an average wait of nine days, but that is an estimate only. One of the editors can go in and look at the submission time to give you the exact minute you submitted it.

Also remember: if you go in an edit it after you submit it, that quiz falls to the bottom of that respective category's queue, which will restart the clock at zero.

Edited by dg_dave (Fri Jan 20 2017 09:51 AM)

#1158617 - Sun Feb 19 2017 03:14 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
I recently resubmitted a quiz after dealing with the feedback after a really long time. Chalk it up to an extensive writer's block. I apologize, and I am in no way asking for it to be reviewed quickly, since I have taken so long to get to the quiz itself.

My question has more to do with the restriction of submitting multiple quizzes for review. I am taking part in the third installment of the Great Authors' Race organized by kyleisalive, with my habitual team, the Four Winds. Because I resubmitted this quiz (thinking I had to deal with all the corrections before being able to submit quizzes for the team competition), though I have been able to contribute questions for these quizzes (and have even written a quiz and had another teammate submit it because I was blocked from doing so because my quiz is still under consideration), I haven't been able to submit myself, which is important in the Race, to keep things moving. I feel bad about not being able to submit for my team until this very old quiz makes it through the revision process, and I wonder if there is anything I can do (withdraw this quiz from consideration until after the competition maybe?) in order to pull my full weight in the Amazing Race.

Again, I know the editors are volunteers and I am not asking for special treatment; I'm just trying to figure out the best way to be able to participate fully in the race.

This won't actually come to a head again until the next leg of the race when it resumes on the 26th of February, but I figured I would put the question out there now.

Thanks in advance, and I really do appreciate the editors and all you do.

Sue

[Edited for clarity and to correct typos]

Edited by shuehorn (Sun Feb 19 2017 03:18 PM)

#1158625 - Sun Feb 19 2017 04:37 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
You can certainly take it out from submission. Just open for editing, and change the dropdown box from Ready to I am still working on it. If you have the ability to have multiple templates in progress at once, you will then be able to submit a Race quiz freely. If you can only create one template at a time, then you just have to hope the current submission gets online in a timely fashion.

#1158628 - Sun Feb 19 2017 05:42 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: looney_tunes]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Thanks for this info!! I will leave it in place for now and see if it goes through before the next leg, and if it doesn't, then I will do as you say and change the status. That is perfect. I do have the ability to have up to 10 templates at a time, and I only have three open, lso I should be able to step up to the plate next time, no matter what. I really appreciate the help!!

Edited by shuehorn (Sun Feb 19 2017 05:43 PM)

#1158630 - Sun Feb 19 2017 06:04 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
Shadowmyst2004 Offline
Forum Adept

Everyone can have up to 10 templates. They multiple LT was referring to was in the "queue" at a time.

#1158633 - Sun Feb 19 2017 07:15 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Shadowmyst2004]
trident Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Wisconsin USA
Originally Posted By: Shadowmyst2004
Everyone can have up to 10 templates. They multiple LT was referring to was in the "queue" at a time.

Those who have not followed the rules properly in terms of quiz submission are restricted to one template at a time until they demonstrate they can.

Edited by trident (Sun Feb 19 2017 07:16 PM)

Editor: World and General

#1158636 - Sun Feb 19 2017 08:03 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
Shadowmyst2004 Offline
Forum Adept

I stand corrected. Thanks.

#1158719 - Tue Feb 21 2017 01:23 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Sue-- you should be able to submit more than one template at a time. Please feel free to work on that quiz in addition to your race quizzes.

You may only have one race quiz in the queue at a time for the sake of fairness, and since your Movies quiz was created prior to the race, there's no confusion as to what it's for. I've got you. wink

#1158732 - Tue Feb 21 2017 08:52 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: TonyTheDad]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Thanks, Kyle. I know I've owed you each of the quiz templates in my sandbox for a looooong time. So good to have my writer's block blown to smithereens by this Race. smile

Page 20 of 20 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20

Moderator:  agony