Rules
Terms of Use

Page 68 of 68 < 1 2 ... 66 67 68
Topic Options
#1201095 - Sun Jul 15 2018 12:08 AM Re: Minor Issues
MiraJane Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York USA
How odd. When I first attempted to do a quiz list I accidentally sent it "live" with no quizzes listed. I did get a message telling me there were no quizzes listed. I'm sure the person who sent out a quiz list with zero listed quizzes live did it by accident.

#1201096 - Sun Jul 15 2018 12:43 AM Re: Minor Issues
brm50diboll Offline
Explorer

Loc: Texas USA
My point is, the system shouldn't show quiz lists with 0 quizzes. It should give an error message *and* not bring the list live. There shouldn't be live quiz lists with 0 quizzes.

#1201100 - Sun Jul 15 2018 02:10 AM Re: Minor Issues
wwe84 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: New South Wales Australia
Originally Posted By: brm50diboll
My point is, the system shouldn't show quiz lists with 0 quizzes. It should give an error message *and* not bring the list live. There shouldn't be live quiz lists with 0 quizzes.

When i make a new list i always leave it it offline until there are 5 quizzes in that list i've added to it

#1201101 - Sun Jul 15 2018 02:14 AM Re: Minor Issues
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
I don't see the problem. You might waste five seconds trying to score a list and finding out it isn't possible before moving on to the next one. That's simply not much of an issue, in my mind.

Some authors set up a list as a plan of where they are going to collect planned quizzes, and add them as they are written. I have a couple like this, but since I already had multiple entries for most of them when lists were established, those ones were never empty. For my current ones, I choose to keep them offline until the list is up to five, then put them online and add new ones as they are written and online. But there are authors who really want the very first players of a new quiz to see the others in the list. And there may well be some who want to set up the list as a kind of "Coming Attractions" - hence the possibility of a list with no active quizzes yet. The first ones may well have been submitted, even if not yet active.

#1201108 - Sun Jul 15 2018 09:32 AM Re: Minor Issues
andymuenz Offline
Explorer

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Is it possible that someone setup a quiz list with quizzes in it but then pulled the quizzes out so it had zero left?

#1201223 - Tue Jul 17 2018 10:35 PM Re: Minor Issues
Creedy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Coffs Harbour NSW Australia  
Every day I sign into Fun Trivia anew, there's hardly room on the page that comes up for me to log in. The rest of the page at the top is a big blue section, mostly blank, but until you sign in, for advertisements to appear.

Is there any way to shrink that top half, because, at the rate it's growing, the log-in section is about to disappear off the page altogether.

#1201228 - Yesterday at 03:35 AM Re: Minor Issues
flopsymopsy Online   content

Loc: Northampton England UK      
If no one else uses your computer, one solution would be not logging out. I never do, I just move to another site or close the browser and the next time I visit FT I'm already logged in. The FT server will close my session down if I'm not active for a while so no harm done there, and I'm lazy so it saves me all the effort of clicking my mouse. smile

#1201233 - Yesterday at 07:09 AM Re: Minor Issues
Creedy Offline
Mainstay

Oh good, I was thinking of that, but wasn't sure it'd be allowed.

Thanks! smile

#1201244 - Yesterday at 09:52 AM Re: Minor Issues
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
I don't think I have logged out of FT on my home desktop for at least five years.

#1201270 - Yesterday at 08:22 PM Re: Minor Issues
Creedy Offline
Mainstay

Oh pooh, it didn't work BUT I may have logged myself out automatically. I'll try again tonight.

Page 68 of 68 < 1 2 ... 66 67 68

Moderator:  Terry