Register New Player
Welcome to our world of fun trivia quizzes and quiz games:
Name That Oscar Movie In Three Clues!
Oscars - General Trivia
"Are you a movie buff with a penchant for the Oscars? Here's a hearty supply of classic Oscar winners spanning more than 70 years for you to feast on. See if you can identify them with just these three clues."
15 Points Per Correct Answer - No time limit
1) I received four Oscar nominations with three wins but, surprisingly, no directing nomination.
2) If you don't care for someone grating his nails against a blackboard, you should skip me.
3) The main character of my movie first makes contact with Chrissie Watkins and then with a dog named Pippet.
What modern classic am I?
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Raiders of the Lost Ark
E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial
1) I was based on a Tony Award-winning play and four of my Oscar nominations were in the acting categories.
2) My lead couple's first names in the film are the same as a former U.S. president and his first lady.
3) One of the first lines in my movie, "What a dump!", is an exaggerated impression of a line spoken by Bette Davis in "Beyond The Forest".
What terrific drama am I?
Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?
A Streetcar Named Desire
On Golden Pond
1) I was nominated for seven Oscars with two wins in the Supporting Acting categories.
2) I open and close with a large family gathering for Thanksgiving.
3) The e.e. cumming line "not even the rain has such small hands" is used as a seductive plot point.
What Woody Allen film fits the bill?
Hannah And Her Sisters
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Bullets Over Broadway
1) I was the first movie to sweep the five major Oscar categories.
2) Before filming a key scene, my lead actress reportedly said to the director "Get her out of here. I'll do it. That's not my leg."
3) At the end of my film, a telegram, in part, reads "the walls of Jericho are starting to topple".
What classic comedy am I?
It Happened One Night
My Man Godfrey
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
You Can't Take It With You
1) Despite 13 Academy Award nominations, I only won four Oscars and, surprisingly, NOT for Best Picture.
2) Adapted from a novel, some fans of the book were upset I didn't include the character of Tom Bombadil.
3) My main character is seriously injured at a place named Weathertop.
What movie spectacular am I?
The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King
The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
1) I won seven Oscars, including one for Best Picture.
2) While not sung, the "Colonel Bogey March" performed by my cast became quite well-known.
3) My movie ends with a major character uttering "Madness...madness".
What all-time great epic am I?
The Bridge On The River Kwai
On The Waterfront
Lawrence Of Arabia
1) I received seven nominations and won for Best Actress.
2) A key plot point centers on a tan Cutlass Ciera missing from a car dealership.
3) In my final scene, it's revealed that one of my character's drawings of a mallard is to be on a three cent stamp.
What movie in a cold climate am I?
The Lion In Winter
The Deep End
1) Among my eight Oscar nominations were two wins, including a second Best Actor award for my leading man.
2) I'm based very loosely on a 1927 novel by Upton Sinclair.
3) I open with my main character breaking his leg and dragging himself to safety in a long, dialogue-free sequence.
What absorbing drama am I?
There Will Be Blood
1) I won four Oscars including one for Best Actress.
2) I'm based on the 1880 novel "Washington Square" by Henry James.
3) I have one of the most memorable endings of all-time, featuring a woman holding a candelabra walking up stairs.
What black and white classic am I?
The Farmer's Daughter
The Magnificent Ambersons
1) I open up at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.
2) A latin phrase meaning "something for something" became quite popular following my movie's release.
3) I received seven Academy Award nominations and won five including Best Picture.
What thrilling movie am I?
A Beautiful Mind
The Silence Of The Lambs
The French Connection
Copyright, FunTrivia.com. All Rights Reserved.
Legal / Conditions of Use
Compiled Jun 28 12