Rules
Terms of Use

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1049595 - Fri Jun 20 2014 05:50 AM Re: Photo a day for June
DivineMsDRL Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Okotoks Alberta Canada       
He certainly is a cutie. More pics of Oliver please. I have always wanted a pet goat. Goats always look like they are smiling.

#1049629 - Fri Jun 20 2014 11:14 AM Re: Photo a day for June
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
Originally Posted By: DivineMsDRL
He certainly is a cutie. More pics of Oliver please. I have always wanted a pet goat. Goats always look like they are smiling.

They do don't they. I like goats. I'd like a couple of those pygmy goats as pets, keep the grass down as well.

Chips is wonderful and gorgeous, as many photos of him as you like please

#1049650 - Fri Jun 20 2014 03:25 PM Re: Photo a day for June
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Saw this female Stag Beetle in the garden a few days ago:

#1049653 - Fri Jun 20 2014 03:37 PM Re: Photo a day for June
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
Great photo, you don't see many stag beetles any more. Can't recall the last time I saw one, must be four or five years ago.

#1049682 - Fri Jun 20 2014 06:01 PM Re: Photo a day for June
Howie72 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Timaru NZ
On the coastal walkway at South Beach in Timaru again but looking northish towards the breakwater that protects the harbour but increases the sand at Caroline Bay. Unfortunately most beaches around here are these type of beaches, shingle and stones. Caroline Bay started that way but became a sandy beach once the breakwater was built.

Edited by Howie72 (Fri Jun 20 2014 06:01 PM)

#1049694 - Fri Jun 20 2014 08:25 PM Re: Photo a day for June
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
Chip certainly is gorgeous!

Re: "Every time I look at it I wonder just how it can be called a delicacy!"

Maynooth says that a delicacy is something that most people are smart enough not to eat. (well, that's not exactly what he says but I cleaned it up).

#1049699 - Fri Jun 20 2014 08:54 PM Re: Photo a day for June
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
The railway near where I used to live in East Finchley

#1049707 - Fri Jun 20 2014 09:54 PM Re: Photo a day for June
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Precious decided yesterday that we should go visit her friend Buddy. I'm not sure she was too keen on his welcome!

#1049788 - Sat Jun 21 2014 08:38 AM Re: Photo a day for June
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Originally Posted By: Christinap
Great photo, you don't see many stag beetles any more. Can't recall the last time I saw one, must be four or five years ago.

Yes quite a rarity now. A protected species even. I keep part of the garden very wild and have left part of an old fallen oak branch in one place. Maybe that sort of thing helps.

Here are a couple of Tortoiseshell Butterflies enjoying the sunshine ..and perhaps being friendly with each other. smile

#1049799 - Sat Jun 21 2014 09:19 AM Re: Photo a day for June
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Great to see you Martin. Yes isn't it nice when creatures are seen to be getting along well?

Edited by ren33 (Sat Jun 21 2014 09:20 AM)

#1049813 - Sat Jun 21 2014 10:47 AM Re: Photo a day for June
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Hello Sara and thanks. smile The butterfly photo was shown on television. The weatherman asks for nature photos to be sent in. He described this one as, "Two butterflies having a private moment". Not very private if you ask me. Out there in full view and all. Just one photo amongst many but I got my name read out. Fame at last! smile

#1049814 - Sat Jun 21 2014 10:54 AM Re: Photo a day for June
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
It's a great piccie, TW, no wonder they chose it to be broadcast!

I've been targeting the kitchen today, to get some goodies ready for the end-of-year party at my archery club tomorrow:

#1049815 - Sat Jun 21 2014 10:55 AM Re: Photo a day for June
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Mothergoose! I'm goggle-eyed at your friend's "portable" stash!!! I don't think I even possess that much stuff, and I thought I had too much! If that was her 'essentials' kit I can only imagine what her home-scrapbooking-space must be like!

#1049861 - Sat Jun 21 2014 06:14 PM Re: Photo a day for June
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

So nice to see cats and dogs getting on together, the pair who live opposite me are a nice couple but more so when they aren't living together to get to know each other so well.

My annual review of Hampstead Garden Suburb front gardens has returned, this is a fairly well known one there which has been maintained as long as I can remember.

#1049864 - Sat Jun 21 2014 07:07 PM Re: Photo a day for June
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Precious has always seemed to prefer dogs to other cats, and she and Buddy have visited since both were very young. He's like the "boy next door" smile

I was afraid that last winter's ice storm had completely done for my roses, so I was very pleased and not a little surprised to see this beauty today.

#1049868 - Sat Jun 21 2014 08:05 PM Re: Photo a day for June
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Quote:
Mothergoose! I'm goggle-eyed at your friend's "portable" stash!!! I don't think I even possess that much stuff, and I thought I had too much! If that was her 'essentials' kit I can only imagine what her home-scrapbooking-space must be like!

She has a spare room at home which is solely her scrapbooking room and you can't move, let alone scrapbook, in it. She goes away frequently to scrapbooking camps whereas I go about once a year. Quite frankly, I can't be bothered packing and unpacking a car full of stuff on a regular basis. And no matter how much stuff you pack, when you get to camp and start working on a page or a card, you ALWAYS end up realising that there is something you need (e.g. a punch, or a particular colour ribbon/card/paper) that you failed to bring with you.

When I go to camp, all I take is my case of Copic markers and my binder with my digital stamps printed and ready to be coloured. Just colouring in the designs, ready for use in cards, is enough to keep me busy and I almost always end up giving somebody a free lesson in using Copic markers. Maynooth thinks it is hilarious that I have taken up colouring in at my age but actually I never did it as a child. Poor deprived kid, I was.

#1049869 - Sat Jun 21 2014 08:16 PM Re: Photo a day for June
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Here's an example of a card I made with a digital stamp that I coloured in. Although there isn't anything particularly special about it, I am quite proud of it because it was my first attempt at colouring something to give the illusion of black (the hat) without actually using a black marker and to give the illusion of white, without just leaving the area uncoloured. This probably sounds silly to those of you who are naturally artistic but I am not naturally good at art and did not study it at school, so this is all new to me.

Edited by MotherGoose (Sat Jun 21 2014 08:17 PM)

#1049884 - Sun Jun 22 2014 12:00 AM Re: Photo a day for June
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

I know what you mean about camps and classes! I usually just bring what I need to cut, measure and glue, and do all the finishing at home (photos, stamps, text, etc ...).

Your card looks great, and I understand completely about 'learning' to colour as an adult! There's a whole lot more to it that just filling in the blank spaces with colour, 'nt there? grin

Photo for today, the full moon of last Friday the 13th, a coincidence of events which won't happen again until 2049 if what I read in the papers is to be believed. Not a particularly outstanding photo, I fully admit, but I'm pleased as it's the first time I've actually managed to capture the moon at all :

#1049887 - Sun Jun 22 2014 12:10 AM Re: Photo a day for June
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Quote:
I understand completely about 'learning' to colour as an adult! There's a whole lot more to it that just filling in the blank spaces with colour, 'nt there?

I am finding that out! I have been working through tutorials on how to do hair, eyes, skin, etc. Still having problems with highlights and shadows. It's a whole new world to me. I belong to a family of artists but unfortunately didn't inherit those genes.

#1049890 - Sun Jun 22 2014 01:55 AM Re: Photo a day for June
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
I use promarkers and there's lots of tutorials on pinterest if you run out of places to look, MG! I have resorted to using Conor's old colouring books when I don't have any stamps to colour smile

I'm one who takes anything and everything to scrapbook weekends but haven't been to one for ages - wish there was more around here!

#1049891 - Sun Jun 22 2014 02:34 AM Re: Photo a day for June
Howie72 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Timaru NZ
Another view of the barren MacKenzie Country taken from the car as we were tavelling to Tekapo. This area has been decimated by rabbits but on the improve, however it still has a beauty of its own.

#1049964 - Sun Jun 22 2014 11:20 PM Re: Photo a day for June
Copago Offline

Those mountains in the distance are just spectacular! It sort of looks like some of our country ... but we don't have the mountains in the distance lol

Here is Chip venturing out and trying to work out his spot in the world. The big black goat is Pint (rhymes with hint) who is certain that Chip's place in the world in somewhere below her.

Edited by Copago (Sun Jun 22 2014 11:20 PM)

#1049969 - Sun Jun 22 2014 11:50 PM Re: Photo a day for June
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
At this rate Chip will be bigger than Pint in no time flat. He must have doubled!

We have now picked most of the lychies, plenty this year. I was worried this tree would break under the weight. I took a huge bagful to school today. They went within 15 minutes. Teachers are real gannets!

Edited by ren33 (Sun Jun 22 2014 11:57 PM)

#1049970 - Sun Jun 22 2014 11:52 PM Re: Photo a day for June
Copago Offline

Something like that. We started feeding him a couple of days ago .. some liver ... and I think it's gone straight to his hips wink

#1050036 - Mon Jun 23 2014 01:23 PM Re: Photo a day for June
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

The border between London to the right and Surrey to the left, the Hogsmill River in Tolworth

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  flopsymopsy