Rules
Terms of Use

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1107282 - Sun Aug 30 2015 09:48 PM Current Addictive TV Shows
wwe84 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: New South Wales Australia
Do you have any current addictive TV shows that you must watch when it airs.

My addictive shows are:

Chicago P.D.
Graceland
Madam Secretary
Last Man Standing
CSI: Cyber
Utopia
Rizzoli & Isles
Scorpion
Stalker
Family Feud (Australia)
WWE NXT
The Big Bang Theory
Law & Order: SVU
Unforgettable
Girl Meets World
Swerved
Gogglebox Australia

Edited by wwe84 (Tue Sep 08 2015 04:57 PM)

#1107900 - Fri Sep 04 2015 11:54 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Alberta Canada
Once anyone has seen the final episode of Big Bang, are they still watching reruns from 4 years ago? That's pretty much all that's on satellite in my igloo.

I'm not addicted to anything at present but I am sorta kinda interested in seeing how they are going to mess around with trying to revive "Heroes" (you know that series about the cheerleader and superpowers and all that crap and then there was a writer's strike and 4 or more of the main characters went off to start movie careers instead? lol). Anyway, I found the original show somewhat unique and was slightly disappointed when it abruptly ended in the middle of nowhere. Not holding my hopes up for the "revival" but will have a gander when it airs here.

#1107926 - Sat Sep 05 2015 02:05 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
jabb5076 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia USA
Big Bang is still flying high-- the 8th season will start sometime toward the end of this month.

#1107933 - Sat Sep 05 2015 03:23 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

lol jabbs, then I can hardly wait for the reruns to stop.

Okay, I'd admit that "Murdoch Mysteries" might be one of my guilty pleasures. I've been informed they're not making more of them (which could be wrong, but who knows). It's a Canadian produced program. I believe the "newest" episode I've seen is when a certain someone marries a doctor. If any fellow Canucks know if the main character ever ends up getting together with the coroner, could they please let me know in private mail here?

I think the thing that most annoys me about reruns is that they quite often don't air them in the order they were first shown. It's a bit of a letdown when you're watching "Part 1 of 2" and "Part 2 of 2" isn't the next one on the turntable lol, especially if it happens to be 2 episodes you might not have seen before.

#1108091 - Mon Sep 07 2015 12:54 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Port Dover Ontario Canada
I haven't been on the forums for a while, but had to comment. Murdoch Mysteries is alive and well and Season 9 will start on CBC the early part of October. It is one of my favourites as well. Just a piece of advice - don't watch Season 9 until you have seen the previous seasons, available on Netflix, I believe

#1108476 - Sat Sep 12 2015 01:32 AM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
acilarincocugu Offline
Explorer

Loc: Cyprus
Big Bang theory, South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, Orange is the new Black, Orphan Black are the shows I follow. I also watch Simpsons and Bob's Burgers. I hope a new Futurama season comes out. Anyone recommend any good new shows?

#1108673 - Mon Sep 14 2015 03:00 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
guitargoddess Online   FT-cool

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Murdoch Mysteries starts up again October 5!

How to Get Away With Murder is another I'm anxiously waiting for it to start again. Looking forward to Mysteries of Laura too. I watch a bunch of others, but not that many I'm all that attached to anymore. I didn't enjoy CSI:Cyber at all, and Stalker was cancelled.

edit:
Jakeroo, if you missed some of last season, they're showing the last of it now on CBC, leading up to the premiere of season 9. E.g. tonight's episode at 8 p.m. (in this timezone anyway) on CBC is episode 16 of season 8. The wedding of a certain someone and a certain doctor was episode 4 of season 8 (if we're talking about the same wedding episode that you mentioned - not sure as if you saw this episode, there shouldn't be any mystery remaining as to the main character and the coroner), so there's still a lot in between, but you definitely have to watch at least the last couple episodes of season 8 to prepare for season 9! I can't confirm if they're on Netflix or not (don't have Netflix) but they're on cbc.ca

edit again:
unless you meant the wedding episode where a certain female someone married a different doctor, in which case you're about four seasons behind smile

Edited by guitargoddess (Mon Sep 14 2015 03:08 PM)

#1108682 - Mon Sep 14 2015 04:12 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
wwe84 Offline
Champion Poster

Originally Posted By: guitargoddess

Looking forward to Mysteries of Laura too

Watched a few episodes of Mysteries Of Laura didn't like it

#1108735 - Mon Sep 14 2015 11:47 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

tyvm for all the info about "Murdoch" from all you fine folks. I'm endeavouring to catch up!

I HOPE I.m not four seasons behind, otherwise I'm in way worse shape mentally than I thought lol

#1108904 - Wed Sep 16 2015 02:42 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
flopsymopsy Offline

Administrator

Loc: Northampton England UK
On this side of the pond there's only one show on my current "nope, I'm not coming out tonight and yes I know it will be on iPlayer, I'll watch on there too and yes I know I'm sad but tonight I'm watching telly" category and that's the Great British Bake Off!

I know the USA is at least one series behind, maybe more, but make a note to look out for the moment when Matt tells Nadiya he's put his icing in the oven...

#1110581 - Thu Oct 01 2015 12:57 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

Cooking shows. Love them (not the instructional ones, but rather the competition type) Not particularly fond of the Great British Bakeoff (and we're not "behind" in Canada) but there are at least 30 such shows that deserve to be included in one thread.

#1110625 - Thu Oct 01 2015 06:40 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
I grew up watching Iron Chef and that Food Network show where the contestants come with random baskets of ingredients and the chefs make a dish with my mom. Loved them.

Now, the shows seem to all be the same. Yes, I still watch Masterchef, Hell's Kitchen, Great Food Truck Race, but all the cupcake competitions and even chopped are so boring to me now.

Editor for Television Category

#1110740 - Fri Oct 02 2015 03:36 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
guitargoddess Online   FT-cool

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
I like Chopped Canada better than the American one, they seem to have more reasonable ingredients. Still challenging but not outright ridiculous and totally disgusting combinations.

Masterchef is my other favourite; I love Gordon Ramsay and I like him best in Masterchef, way less angry than on Hell's Kitchen.

In other genres, I'm really liking the new season of How to Get Away with Murder, has started off great.

#1112075 - Mon Oct 12 2015 09:47 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
wwe84 Offline
Champion Poster

In the past 2 months I've started watching "Sex Sent Me To The ER" which airs on TLC here in Australia even know it's suppose to be serious I can't help it to laugh at the show

#1112135 - Tue Oct 13 2015 03:28 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
ladymacb29 Offline

Originally Posted By: wwe84
In the past 2 months I've started watching "Sex Sent Me To The ER" which airs on TLC here in Australia even know it's suppose to be serious I can't help it to laugh at the show

Sounds as weird as the one that had women who didn't know they were pregnant... wink

#1112153 - Tue Oct 13 2015 08:49 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Originally Posted By: ladymacb29

Sounds as weird as the one that had women who didn't know they were pregnant... wink

In all honesty, it may not be as weird as one would think. My aunt was 7 months pregnant before she found out she was! My cousin is 31 as of last August, so it is very much possible women don't know they are.

#1115735 - Tue Nov 10 2015 11:32 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
wwe84 Offline
Champion Poster

I've started watching this show that just premiered in Australia 2 weeks ago called "Celebrity Name Game" with Craig Ferguson as host has anyone else seen this show.

#1116060 - Fri Nov 13 2015 03:13 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
veronikkamarrz Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Carson City
Nevada USA 
I enjoyed Craig Ferguson on his late night talk show, but I don't like the new game.

#1134899 - Thu May 05 2016 11:18 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
wwe84 Offline
Champion Poster

My current TV Shows addictions are

Castle
Camp WWE
The Edge & Christian Show
Celebrity Name Game
Blindspot

#1136607 - Wed May 25 2016 09:48 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
HairyBear Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Florida USA
Originally Posted By: dg_dave
Originally Posted By: ladymacb29

In all honesty, it may not be as weird as one would think. My aunt was 7 months pregnant before she found out she was! My cousin is 31 as of last August, so it is very much possible women don't know they are.

I worked with a woman once who had her brother and his girlfriend living with her, and late one night, the girlfriend gave birth in the bathroom. None of them knew she was pregnant. (The story gets even more bizarre, but I think I'll spare you the gruesome details unless you want to read them in private.)

#1136616 - Wed May 25 2016 11:35 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
The show I am loving .. although the season is almost ended here is .. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Love it. One of the more clever shows going around!

#1138363 - Sun Jun 19 2016 07:12 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
gracious1 Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York USA
Do you have any current addictive TV shows that you must watch when it airs.

Yes!

Major Crimes
Elementary
Jeopardy!
Masterpiece Mystery! (asstd. BBC mysteries repackaged)*
Father Brown*
* = British imports; have to watch them on PBS, so they might already be several months to a year old when I get them here in the States.

Then there are some old shows that I was too young to watch (or not alive yet) when they came out. I try to catch their daily/weekly reruns:
Kojak
CHiPs << OMG Erik Estrada!
S.W.A.T.
Perry Mason
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Wonder Woman
Incredible Hulk

Sometimes I save them up on my DVR and binge-watch. Unfortunately, my DVR filled up and I've had to delete many before I could watch them. frown

#1143721 - Wed Aug 31 2016 06:12 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
wwe84 Offline
Champion Poster

Right now I like 3 shows that have started in Australia in the past month

Shades Of Blue
Queen Of The South
Code Black

#1144290 - Thu Sep 08 2016 07:03 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
ladymacb29 Offline

Anyone watching "Better Late Than Never" with William Shatner, Henry Winkler, Terry Bradshaw and George Foreman? It's hilarious - they go on a trip through Asia together. I think there are only 4 episodes, but they had better make a season two.

#1147193 - Wed Oct 12 2016 05:52 PM Re: Current Addictive TV Shows
gracious1 Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York USA
I used to be addicted to How to Get Away with Murder, but I stopped watching it in the middle of the previous season because there were FOUR shows on Thursday nights I wanted to watch. But now two of them have moved to different days. So then when I resumed viewing Murder, I found I could no longer follow it. Oh well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong