Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1124696 - Sun Jan 31 2016 08:27 AM February 2016 Theme - ReTurning
flopsymopsy Offline

Administrator

Loc: Northampton England UK
In honour of a certain mod-in-this-section-who-isn't-me who recently returned to FT after a few months off, this month's theme is Returning. Or, for those of us who haven't been anywhere, (re)Turning. Luggage, turning a corner, turning a tap (faucet), the incoming ferry - all sorts of things can be turned and returned. Or in the case of Howie's birds, terned. wink

#1125870 - Wed Feb 10 2016 12:16 PM Re: February 2016 Theme - ReTurning
Howie72 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Timaru NZ
About to do a u-turn at the Arai-te-Uru Recreational Reserve, South Head. Looking across the entrance of Hokianga Harbour to the sand dunes at North Head.

#1126713 - Thu Feb 18 2016 05:48 PM Re: February 2016 Theme - ReTurning
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
I turn up only to be turned down. Can't wait for flying cars to be popular. I have spent my life figuring out how to post "No down turn in sight", "Looks like an up turn ahead" and my fav, no Left turn if you sympathize with the Right turners"

Many pedestrians and cyclists get hit here in Florida by ignos who get in the right lane and try to pass the straight ahead traffic by zipping fast in the right lane. But I must point out that this sign was 100 feet ahead of the intersection and to the side across a grass swale, across a sidewalk, well away from the driver's field of vision approaching a busy intersection. And look at the size of the power pole right behind it, competing for the driver's attention.

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#1127191 - Tue Feb 23 2016 02:54 PM Re: February 2016 Theme - ReTurning
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
The IP gets the change in orientation this time. Here's turn-ip from my local grocery store's vegetable bins.

You never know what will turnip on FT! Here's a wiki discussion in the 2nd Paragraph on nomenclature differences around the world for the delicious root. Neep Neep

Think: Rutabaga liquor

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

Moderator:  flopsymopsy