Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1176165 - Sun Sep 24 2017 01:58 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
SilverMoonsong Offline

Loc: Durham, North Carolina USA
You are doing fantastic! I need to get back on track and keep the weight off that I lost in the hospital. My next goal is to lose 25 pounds. If I break it down into smaller bits, I might do better. I just remind myself that Jane did it and has kept it off for so many years that I've lost count. The end of the year is my target. Twenty-five pounds by New Year's Eve. Anyone want to join me?

#1181697 - Sun Nov 19 2017 12:45 PM Re: Weigh in 2017
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA
Originally Posted By: LadyCaitriona
Weighed in this morning at 161.8! That's a total of 38.2 lbs lost and I'm 11.8 lbs away from my goal of reaching 150 lbs by my birthday in late November.

Did you get there? I see a cake...happy birthday!

#1181813 - Mon Nov 20 2017 02:14 PM Re: Weigh in 2017
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ottawa
Ontario Canada
I did not!

I've been having a rough time emotionally and I'm finding it very hard sometimes not to turn to food for comfort. I weighed in at 166.6 this morning, down from 168.8 two weeks ago when I started trying to diet again. I bought a small cake for my birthday, but luckily I didn't like it so my partner can have the leftovers. smile

#1188072 - Mon Jan 22 2018 10:59 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
So I'm ready to get on this horse again!
I weighed in this morning at 171.something, which is the accumulation from being off my diet, the winter holidays and the many treats thereof, and being on vacation the week before last. Last week was my "settling into a routine" week, and this week I'm ready to start again. I'm not terribly enthused, but I'm ready to at least try!

#1188918 - Fri Feb 02 2018 06:17 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
After 2 weeks I weighed in this morning at 169.4, so down 2 lbs. There was a retirement luncheon for a staff member this week, including sausages, steak, chips (crisps) and a delicious chocolate cake with butter cream icing. I managed to avoid everything except a small slice of the cake (I'm only human!!).

#1189153 - Mon Feb 05 2018 06:32 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
I made it to 169.0 as of Friday, then practically starved myself all day Sunday so I could have some nachos I was making for Beau for Superbowl dinner. Back up to 169.4 but well worth it for delicious nachos.

#1189511 - Fri Feb 09 2018 05:39 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
Down 1 lb this week to 168.4.

#1189950 - Thu Feb 15 2018 10:09 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
I'm posting a day earlier than my 'official' weigh-in day of Friday, because I'm so pleased with my progress this week and who knows what may happen tonight? I'm not planning on straying from my regimen, though, so tomorrow's weigh-in might just be icing on the cake. That's a very poor metaphor considering the topic. Mmmm cake.

Down 2.4 lbs this week to 166.0.

Edited by LadyCaitriona (Thu Feb 15 2018 10:11 AM)

#1190538 - Fri Feb 23 2018 05:44 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
Up 1lb this week to 167. Been sick all week and not eating diet food, so I'm happy with that.

#1193131 - Tue Mar 27 2018 09:19 PM Re: Weigh in 2017
SilverMoonsong Offline

Should I make a new thread for 2018, or would you like to continue in here since we didn't seem to post very much last year?

#1193173 - Wed Mar 28 2018 04:35 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
I'm fine posting here, which I will again when I have better news. grin

#1193644 - Sat Mar 31 2018 09:20 PM Re: Weigh in 2017
SilverMoonsong Offline

Same here. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees, and every step in like being stabbed with knives. No exercise for me lately. I'm starting weekly injections in May that should regenerate the cartilage. I'll have physical therapy as well. Then I'll be back on my bike!

#1194158 - Thu Apr 05 2018 09:20 PM Re: Weigh in 2017
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
I will just say after speaking to my instructor I am returning to his diet. Drifting off after short term success has caused my record weight to increase.

#1194308 - Sat Apr 07 2018 02:12 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I'm still here smile Gained about half a stone over the festive season (s laugh ) but trying to cut down a little!

#1194530 - Tue Apr 10 2018 05:34 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
Still around 167. Easter was delicious and I took a short break from dieting. Going back on, but not as strictly as I was doing before... At the end of the 30 days I tend to freak out and eat all the delicious things and undo all my good work, which isn't ideal. I'm going to try and be mildly more permissive so that at the end of the 30 days I don't feel so deprived.

#1195220 - Thu Apr 19 2018 10:04 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
The new approach seems to be working. I'm down to 164.0 as of this morning, and that was with having a burger and jalapeno poppers Tuesday night. I'm finding that if I know I'm 'allowed' to go off my diet for a meal I don't feel as deprived and I don't feel like I 'need' to treat myself, and it's actually been easier to make healthy decisions regarding my meals. It's counter-intuitive, I guess, but it's working for me so far.

#1203221 - Sat Aug 18 2018 11:20 PM Re: Weigh in 2017
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Tennessee USA
I see this isn't as active as it once was, but I haven't posted here in a long time! I was doing good with weight loss in early 2017 and lost from 205 in December 2016 down to 186 in February 2017. I had surgery and had to take time off from the gym, and I also stopped counting calories and gained it back!

About a month ago, I weighed 204, and I've managed to lose back down to 200.4 after a month of going to the gym and watching my calorie intake! It's slow, but steady, progress since I'm focusing on weight training and not doing as much cardio as I could. I'm also watching my calorie count, but I'm not sticking to a certain diet. Maybe posting here will help keep me accountable!

Anyone else still working on weight loss? Any recent success stories?

#1203506 - Wed Aug 22 2018 02:34 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Thanks for "bumping" this, Tiffanyram, it's a special day for me!
I know I haven't been around for a few months, but still doing good with the weight-loss smile And today is fifteen - yes Fifteen !!! years since I started my Healthy living. Most of my Funtrivia friends have been with me from the very, very beginning
Fifteen years ago, I made my enormous life-changing decision, to change my eating habits. Back then I was fourteen stone ... and more than probably more! - and my quality of life was more or less zero. General aches and pains, rarely a week went by when I didn't visit my doctor, then using a manual wheelchair for getting about on long and short journeys. It couldn't have been easy for Dad to be pushing me, or Mum either. I snacked on pastries, biscuits by the handful and chocolate bars. I must have known I was overweight - I was certainly more than a little depressed - but didn't "want" to do anything about it. Until I had a blood-test to see if that brought up anything - a trial in itself since I was terrified of injections. What the test came back with was seriously scary - I was borderline diabetes and if I didn't stop my "unhealthy eating" almost at once, I would be injecting myself every day.
It was a massive shock to me, Mum and Dad, and the immediate family. But, the next morning, I decided it was going to be a brand new start. All the goodies were taken out of the house and stored outside, in the shed, to remove temptation. And slowly but surely, with determination, the pounds started to fall off. And the beauty of it, is that I don't do a diet as such, I just try and cut down on the treats. Before, I was having "treats" six or seven times a week - these days its maybe three times a week. When there's a family celebration, Easter or Christmas, I eat what I want, but then cut down the rest of the week smilee
As you get older, it becomes more difficult to lose weight, especially since I don't exercise very much. The down-side to this is that I'm about six pounds heavier than I was this time last year. But I have to think on the up-side ... I've lost at LEAST four stone in fifteen years ... and kept it off smilee smilee
Dad was so proud of my weight loss - as is Mum - but all my friends on Funtrivia have helped me with their support too. Many thanks, one and all xxxxxxxx

#1203535 - Wed Aug 22 2018 09:16 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

Wow, thanks for sharing your story and congratulations for 15 years! That’s amazing smile I have drifted in and out of the Weigh-in over the years, but never for very long. I remember reading about some of your progress, but i don’t remember having ever heard the full story, so thanks for sharing so we can celebrate with you! And you are inspirational! smile

#1204573 - Sat Sep 01 2018 04:09 PM Re: Weigh in 2017
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

I didn't post last week, but my weigh in today was 198! That's two pounds down from two weeks ago, so I'm keeping consistent at a pound a week. It's nice to see the '1' in front again!

#1204602 - Sun Sep 02 2018 03:13 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia�USA�...
Good for you, Tiff!! I was back up to 196 last August and read myself the riot act. I had gotten down to 159 in February, with five miles a day of walking and recording what I ate religiously. Work got nuts, and I was walking less, so I gained 16 pounds back by August. Yikes. So now, I am back at 170 and determined to keep losing until I get back to 150 (my goal is 140, but I will be happy if I get to where I was three years ago, after losing 47 pounds and keeping them off for two years before the slow creep up started again). For me, being conscious of what goes in my mouth and walking every day are key to being healthy.

#1204628 - Sun Sep 02 2018 10:12 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

Yes, but it is tiring and hard! I feel like all I do is count calories! I've been lax in logging everything in every day. Sometimes because I have come to learn about how many calories it has, but mostly because it is hard when things are busy.

Good luck to you, Sue! I know you can get there again smile

My lowest ever was 150 and that was when Elena was about 1 1/2 old (she's now 15 1/2), so about 14 years ago. I was always overweight as a kid and have probably averaged 180 in my adult life. Getting over 200 let me know I needed to do something.

Post in here, Sue, and we can keep each other motivated wink

#1204744 - Mon Sep 03 2018 10:03 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA
How tall are you, Tiffany? I've not posted on here like I once did, but I'm still holding well under 200...but it is getting too close again to my liking...I'd like to get back to about 170-175 again.

#1204765 - Mon Sep 03 2018 10:32 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

I'm about 5'5 1/2 so I say 5'6" usually.

It's good that you are still well under, but I understand what you mean by getting too close. It's easy for your weight to creep up on you, especially if you aren't keeping an eye on it all the time. I tend to do that in the periods where I gain it back, I stop getting on the scale regularly.

#1205275 - Sat Sep 08 2018 08:16 AM Re: Weigh in 2017
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

196.4 this morning smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong