Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1198842 - Mon Jun 18 2018 08:33 AM Mutiple messages being received when I send one
veronicavee Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Algarve Portugal
Apologies if I am in the wrong place- when I send a Private Message on FunTrivia, people are receiving between 3 and 6 copies of the message. Please how can I put this right? My computer did an update on Friday. Any help would be appreciated.

#1198936 - Tue Jun 19 2018 01:25 PM Re: Mutiple messages being received when I send one
Lpez Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Mexico
You should probably post this on the Feedback thread.

http://www.funtrivia.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/2/1

#1198949 - Tue Jun 19 2018 05:43 PM Re: Mutiple messages being received when I send one
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
I already linked Terry to here, this may be something on her computer or be related to the Author Kitchen thing (another multiple submission problem)

#1198986 - Wed Jun 20 2018 08:09 AM Re: Mutiple messages being received when I send one
veronicavee Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you.

#1199106 - Thu Jun 21 2018 02:18 PM Re: Mutiple messages being received when I send one
Terry Offline
Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Curious... I see it in the message logs. Seems to be from June 15 - June 18.

I'm HOPING it was something weird and freakish during just that window and that it has stopped happening.

Please let me know...

What I do know is that your browser for some reason submitted pages 3 times to our server, creating 3 copies of what you were doing. Now why your browser and a few other players suddenly started doing that is a mystery.

#1199110 - Thu Jun 21 2018 03:21 PM Re: Mutiple messages being received when I send one
veronicavee Offline
Enthusiast

It is still happening. Last night I sent a message that someone received 11 times. Whilst I was attempting to return from sending the message, several times, I was told that I was spamming and would be banned if it continued. Quite nasty really. I did send a message to Wes earlier today explaining this as I have no idea how to contact you.

The reason you haven't seen any messages for the last day or two is because I used a different smaller computer which appears to only send one message, but isn't doing my eyes much good.

#1199574 - Mon Jun 25 2018 08:27 AM Re: Mutiple messages being received when I send one
veronicavee Offline
Enthusiast

I was hoping after the break in service this morning that my multiple message problem may have been cured. Silly me!

#1199697 - Tue Jun 26 2018 09:08 AM Re: Mutiple messages being received when I send one
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Originally Posted By: veronicavee
I used a different smaller computer which appears to only send one message

This kind of suggests that it would be your usual computer that is causing the problem. Perhaps something to do with the browser. Browsers can behave peculiarly if the cache is too full, so it might be worth emptying the cache to see if that helps.

What browser are you using? Have you got an alternative browser installed that you could try using to see if the problem persists?

Moderator:  flopsymopsy, ladymacb29