Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1217871 - Thu Jan 24 2019 04:33 PM Elinor M Brent-Dyer's 'Chalet School' books
Kankurette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Greater Manchester UK
I know we've got a few Chalet School fans here, some of whom are also on the CBB. I'm aiming to do a quiz for each book. Yes, even Prefects. I collect the books and am trying to track down unabridged versions because Armada really butchered some of them - Highland Twins is a particularly bad example.

I've started reading EBD's La Rochelle books as well. They're much slower paced, but still worth reading to get a bit of background on some of the families from the war years. The war books are the best ones for me, especially Exile.

#1217913 - Fri Jan 25 2019 03:59 AM Re: Elinor M Brent-Dyer's 'Chalet School' books
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK
My daughter is a huge fan, and usually has at least one of the reissued books on her Christmas list - even the ones written by other authors but using Brent-Dyer's characters.

I've never read any of them - I'm more of an Elsie J Oxenham fan myself.

#1217936 - Fri Jan 25 2019 12:02 PM Re: Elinor M Brent-Dyer's 'Chalet School' books
Kankurette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Greater Manchester UK
I never read any of the CS fill-ins. I've got The Chalet Girls Grow Up though - it's basically grimdark Chalet School fanfic. I'm one of the few CS fans who liked it, horrible punctuation and OOC Mary-Lou notwithstanding.

Moderator:  LeoDaVinci, ren33, TabbyTom