MLB 2020 Tipping Comp
With spring training underway, the MLB 2020 season will begin soon.
The rules are as follows:
1. One point for a correct tip. You may tip home or away (there are NO ties in baseball - games go into extra innings to determine a winner, even if they play 18 or more total innings)
2. Deadlines are Friday midnight FT (6am* London, 10:30am India, 3pm* Sydney, 5pm* NZ) with a two hour period of grace, with the exceptions of Sunday games, in which the deadline is midnight Saturday (only in the final week). Stars are noted by places that DO observe daylight saving time.
3. There will be a one point deduction if tips are posted after the grace period. Default will be the higher of six points or Wooden Spoon score, and will be your score if you tip after the first game starts, which will be about 12 hours after deadline.
Ex: Wooden Spoon score is seven, default is seven. Wooden Spoon score is five, default is six.
Note: We will tip the Saturday games each week, excluding the final day of the season (Sun). The season begins on Thursday, March 26, and we will not tip those games.Bonus points
1. One bonus point for picking a result solo, or one of two (12 minimum tippers to apply).
2. One bonus point if no more than three games are missed (one or two games may be postponed (games may be postponed due to weather (rain or snow) in baseball
) to earn this point). Three postponements or more do not earn a bonus. (i.e., 10+/13, 11+/14, 12+/15) The previous year's comp will determine next year's eligibility.
3. Tips of all homes or all homes bar one are in
eligible for any bonus points.
In case of Friday postponements, the FIRST of the Saturday games will be the one counted for our comp, as per MLB rule 4.13f.
Sign up here if you are interested.The logos which appear on this page and in each sub-category in MLB Teams are owned by the relevant Major League Baseball entity, and have been downloaded and reproduced with the kind permission of MLB Pressbox.