Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1265626 - Wed May 20 2020 09:17 AM Time Wasting
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
What shows are you watching now that you're stuck at home?

I went through Downton Abbey and yeah, I admit it: it was really good. I liked Cora and Anna the best. I was able to get the DVD from Netflix and watched the movie as well. (And I have since cancelled DVDs on Netflix because I wasn't able to go through them fast enough and it will be cheaper just to rent them piecemeal.)

I watched To The Manor Born at least twice so far. It's a Britcom from the early 80s about a woman who had to sell her manor when her husband died and a nouveau-riche man buys it. It's a really good show and only 3 seasons, so if you can find it, I'd give it a watch.

I tried starting Outlander but 10 minutes in there was a scene and the kids were around so that ended that.

I've been randomly watching episodes of Murphy Brown - it's still hilarious and is reminding me of the different news stories and such that were going around at the time - including the infamous Dan Quayle single mothers controversy and how the show responded. It's on a small cable station here and I had my DVR record all the episodes because it's not on DVD or streaming anywhere. (If you know of a legal place to get copies, let me know!)

I watched some Eight is Enough (I'm on season 5), but I really like that one and am trying not to run through all the episodes! I'm surprised how well it has held up through time. Also, since my former boss's husband put it on Facebook, I started season 4 of Hart to Hart. I may have to watch some Scarecrow and Mrs. King or LA Law so I don't run through everything so quickly.

We finished re-watching Parks and Rec and are in the middle of rewatching The Office, but I'm trying not to get too far ahead of watching those episodes because there's a podcast called Office Ladies done by Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey that's hilarious. And Garret Wang and Robert Duncan McNeil from Star Trek: Voyager are also doing a podcast, so I've started trying to watch the episodes along with that podcast.

We also watched a little Star Trek: Deep Space Nine so we could watch all the mirror universe episodes. We started the CBS All Access pass so we could watch Star Trek: Discovery (which was meh) and Picard (which was decent), but that made us try and remember the DS9 mirror universe episodes...

Don't judge me, I binge-watched Hoarders on Netflix. They only had 6 episodes, though.

Anything else I should try? What are you going through now that you're stuck at home?

Editor for Television Category

#1265632 - Wed May 20 2020 12:50 PM Re: Time Wasting
DireWolf74 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Illinois USA
"Don't judge me, I binge-watched Hoarders on Netflix. They only had 6 episodes, though."

That's not nearly enough if you get into a show. laugh

#1265634 - Wed May 20 2020 02:27 PM Re: Time Wasting
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

Loc: New South Wales
Australia
Binge watched Grey's Anatomy, SVU, The Big Bang Theory & Castle

#1265641 - Wed May 20 2020 03:53 PM Re: Time Wasting
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted By: DireWolf74
"Don't judge me, I binge-watched Hoarders on Netflix. They only had 6 episodes, though."

I know! It was only one season. I usually just end up catching episodes on Sunday mornings... It gives e a push to keep my house clean though wink

Editor for Television Category

#1265651 - Wed May 20 2020 09:41 PM Re: Time Wasting
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA
Sundays have a marathon of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit on USA Network, Saturdays on Ion, and usually Tuesdays on USA. My wife is a fan of Chicago PD, which comes on USA on Mondays, Oxygen on Saturdays, and Ion on Wednesdays.

Wednesdays, starting at 2pm, on the Food Network, is a show I get into, Guy's Grocery Games. I can watch any episode on demand through Comcast, too.

#1265654 - Wed May 20 2020 10:25 PM Re: Time Wasting
DireWolf74 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: ladymacb29
Originally Posted By: DireWolf74

I know! It was only one season. I usually just end up catching episodes on Sunday mornings... It gives e a push to keep my house clean though wink

It's definitely motivated me a few times to look around and figure out if I really need things or if they can be donated or reused in some way.

#1265655 - Wed May 20 2020 10:28 PM Re: Time Wasting
DireWolf74 Offline
Mainstay

Binge watched a few seasons of "Dead to Me" and "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix over the weekend.

"Dead to Me" was the better show. I liked "Vikings" better than "Last Kingdom".

#1266549 - Wed Jun 03 2020 11:10 PM Re: Time Wasting
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
I heard so much about it that I watched every episode of 'Community'

Decided to get Apple+, so I've watched Amazing Stories, See, For All Mankind

I'm sure I have watched a lot more....

#1266584 - Thu Jun 04 2020 11:17 AM Re: Time Wasting
flopsymopsy Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Northampton England UK
There are several pages about what people are watching or recommend (or not) over on the General Chatboard in Quizzyland so if you've run out of ideas it might be worth sneaking on to the main site. The thread is called Stay At Home Viewing and it's here:

https://www.funtrivia.com/bb.cfm?action=details&qnid=31107&boardid=13&start=0

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong