Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1277517 - Mon Nov 23 2020 06:01 AM Amazon.com and KDP problems
Kenners158 Offline
Participant

Loc: Hull
Yorkshire UK
I am having two problems with Amazon.com and Kindle Direct Publishing.

The first one is a password problem.

I have been going through the self-publishing process for my poetry book. One day I tried to sign in to Kindle Direct Publishing. They are supposed to send me a text message with a code number for me to type in as part of the signing in process. My phone made no sound even though I haven't changed the settings, so I thought that it wasn't working. I then tried to change it to the system where you don't need a code number, so I sent a photo of my driving license. They wanted documents as proof to set it up. Later on, I discovered a text message with the code that had been sent, so I don't know why my mobile was silent.

The next time I tried to sign in either to Amazon.com or KDP my password box has a long line of ********** all the way across it stopping me from getting into it. I have tried contacting Amazon.com, but I haven't heard from them since then.

Any advice welcome please.

#1277609 - Tue Nov 24 2020 05:27 PM Re: Amazon.com and KDP problems
Kenners158 Offline
Participant

Loc: Hull
Yorkshire UK
I have sorted out this problem now, so there is no need to reply.

I found a different way into Amazon.com and into Kindle Direct Publishing, so I was able to keep the right password. There was one moment when it said my password was wrong, so I clicked on "forgot password", then I went through that process to get it back on and working.

The other possibility is that Amazon read my message to them and got it sorted out.

Moderator:  flopsymopsy, ladymacb29