Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1277518 - Mon Nov 23 2020 06:20 AM Kindle Direct Publishing problem
Kenners158 Offline
Participant

Loc: Hull
Yorkshire UK
The second problem happened when I was able to get into KDP.

I went through the process of uploading my poetry book. I have had it formatted in Word, PDF and KPF. I uploaded it in KPF formatting. The trouble with that one is, I can't see the KPF formatting version on my computer. It won't open it.

The next step was to upload the book design. That didn't work. I got the message in a red box saying, "An error occurred". I did some homework to try to find out why, but without success. I still don't know why the design won't upload. I then read on some forum that the problem with using KPF formatting is that your book is then tied to Amazon and they get the copyright. I decided that the best thing to do would be to un-upload it and start again, but to use Word format instead of KPF.

The only way to delete the uploaded book is to click on an ellipsis like ... sign. That gives these options: Edit eBook details, Edit eBook content, Edit eBook pricing, Enroll in KDP Select, Add to series and Delete eBook. The edit eBook content page has no options within it for doing anything to the book itself. So, I clicked on "Delete eBook". Another red box appeared saying, "Are you sure? If you delete your book from the Bookshelf you won't be able to recover the title".

I didn't click on that because I don't want to lose the title that I have given it and have to create a new one.

This self-publishing attempt is the most stressful thing I have done in my life. Any advice on this one please.

Edited by flopsymopsy (Sun Nov 29 2020 03:25 PM)
Edit Reason: Author's request to remove sentence that might identify him.

#1277607 - Tue Nov 24 2020 05:24 PM Re: Kindle Direct Publishing problem
Kenners158 Offline
Participant

Loc: Hull
Yorkshire UK
I got it sorted so there is no need for anyone to reply. I discovered that there is a Preview option on Kindle Direct Publishing. I was able to see that the man who had formatted my book into KPF left out the contents section. He'd put the front cover there so that's why my attempt to upload the cover didn't work.

I was able delete what I had saved. This is because it is possible to upload it again with the same title.

KDP have a Community section for questions and answers which is really useful.

That's got rid of that stress.

Moderator:  flopsymopsy, ladymacb29