A-League football (soccer) is back for another year so get your names down and your dartboards out for another lucky dip.
The rules as the same as last year:
- Threads will close prior to the start of the first game.
- A bonus point will be awarded for a perfect score.
- Bonus points will also be awarded for anyone that tips a result solo.
- Ties at the end of the season will be broken in the following order:
1) HoF/Spoon differential
2) Most Hall of Fame awards
- Picks of all home games - not eligible for any bonus points.
- Default will be equal to the lowest score each round.
- Late starters will be given a score equivalent to the last-placed active tipster.
The first round starts on Sunday 27th December (the usual October start has been put back due to covid) and ends on Friday 28th May 2021 (the usual mid-April finish has been put back). The weekly fixture lists have been posted. Most rounds will kick off on Friday evening local time but, due to the late start to the season, some rounds start on weekends and some start mid-week. Threads will close at kick-off in the first game.
This year's comp will be the 16th A-League season. Last year ozzz2002 won his second-ever A-League title (his first was in 2011-12). N-Bomb is the only payer to win this comp more than once (three straight 2016, 2017 and 2018 plus one six years ago in 2014 .. aka four of the last seven comps). N-Bomb is the only player to retain his or her title. Will this season see ozzz2002 become the second to retain his title? All will be revealed over the coming months.