Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#150227 - Tue Jan 07 2003 10:05 AM Re: Gadgets
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
I'm anti Tupperware as for one, I used to hate getting pressured into my friends' parties and then feeling compelled to buy something...and two, most of the time people put stuff in Tupperware so they don't feel like they are wasting it, then, they leave the stuff in it too long, and it becomes yucky beyond all recognition, and they can finally throw it out as they longed to do prior to that...
This is the way many women for whom I cleaned house used it...
I use old containers from products over again for stuff.

#150228 - Tue Jan 07 2003 02:33 PM Re: Gadgets
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: at the computer
I didn't make it to the store after all, so now the pretzels will have to wait until Thursday. Oh well, it gives me something to look forward to.

I have very little Tupperware. I have 2 sets of cannisters, one set I bought at a party and the other set was my grandma's. Grandpa gave it to me after grandma passed away. I saw the cannisters as a good investment, because they hold up so well. Other than that, all of my other Tupperware is mom's castoffs. I usually use Gladware, because it is cheap, and holds up well. I have some bowls that I have been using for over 3 years and have only had to throw away one lid.
Then extract your wisdom teeth." [/color]

#150229 - Tue Jan 07 2003 02:39 PM Re: Gadgets
Linda1 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Munchkinland
In reply to:

Dear Babymoo,

I've PM'ed the recipe to you. Hope you enjoy it.

Wait! Share with the rest of us, too (if it's not a secret). You can put recipes in the Tips and Tricks Forum, so we can keep them all together.

I use Gladware (or other similar brands) as well. Love them! Can microwave, freeze and refrigerate in them. And, if need be, they can be tossed out or left at someone else's house without having to get them back. I highly recommend these. Several companies make them now, and I've had good luck with all I've tried.

#150230 - Tue Jan 07 2003 03:44 PM Re: Gadgets
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
oh, yes please ... they sound good

#150231 - Wed Jan 08 2003 12:43 AM Re: Gadgets
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

I ended up at the store this evening after all. The pretzels are great!!

They are a little homely looking, because I couldn't get them to twist right. Part of it was because I was trying to figure out Reaper's Challenge Chamber while I was twisting them, so I would bring some dough in here to the computer and work with it, then go back to the kitchen to put it on the tray. Next time I make them, I will stay in the kitchen. Still, the odd shape doesn't affect the taste any at all.

Thank you so much for the recipe.

#150232 - Wed Jan 08 2003 01:43 AM Re: Gadgets
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
Per Linda's request, I will post the recipe in the Tips forum for anyone who is interested. Hope you all enjoy it.

#150233 - Wed Jan 08 2003 04:36 AM Re: Gadgets
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
I prefer to use recyclable Tupperware rather than disposable plastic products for environmental reasons. I also take my own calico bags to the supermarket to avoid using those supermarket plastic bags, but when I do get something in a plastic bag, I reuse the bag as a garbage bag. Doing my bit for the environment!

#150234 - Wed Jan 08 2003 05:02 AM Re: Gadgets
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Even though the Gladware and similar brands are disposable I have yet to have to throw one away. I haven some that I have used for going on 4 years now, and have only had to toss one lid. If they didn't hold up so well, I would switch to Tupperware or another brand.

#150235 - Wed Jan 08 2003 09:45 AM Re: Gadgets
Linda1 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Munchkinland
Thought of another great invention when I was doing the dishes last night. Several years ago, I got a little plastic thing for the dishwasher that people use for baby bottles. It's like a little basket with a top that closes to keep things inside but still allows the water to get in to clean the bottles. It's great! I use it for anything that would normally be too small and would jam the dishwasher - like the tops of my water bottles or the plastic lids for cat food cans. And, it's a great place to put my scrubbie thing that I use to hand wash dishes. I regularly put it in there to sterilize it and get it clean, too.

#150236 - Wed Jan 08 2003 05:28 PM Re: Gadgets
MsBatt Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Alabama USA
That DOES sound like a good gadget, Linda! My present dishwasher has a similar place in the top rack, but it's a part of the machine itself. When I have to replace the machine, I'll miss that if my new one doesn't have it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ren33, sue943