Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1687 - Tue May 28 2002 05:32 PM A Question About the Computer
tempusfugit Offline
Participant

Loc: New Jersey
Does anyone know if there is any way that you could put a list of words in alphabetical order by just clicking on one icon thing and then it goes automatically into alphabetical order? (I'm using wordpad on Microsoft.) If there's no way to do that on wordpad, what about the Microsoft Works Word Processor?

#1688 - Tue May 28 2002 06:03 PM Re: A Question About the Computer
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
Tessie,
Copy your data into MS Word, select the entries that you need sorted, and click on Table/Sort. There are various options in there to experiment with.

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#1689 - Wed May 29 2002 12:26 PM Re: A Question About the Computer
tempusfugit Offline
Participant

I don't think I have Microsoft Word. Is it in the computer somewhere and I just don't know where it is? I'm new to the computer, and I really don't know what I'm doing.

#1690 - Wed May 29 2002 01:11 PM Re: A Question About the Computer
lbruggem Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Tessie!

Assuming you are using Windows, you could find out if you have Word as follows. Start by clicking on the button that says "Start" in the left bottom corner. Then click on "Search" (I'm translating from my Dutch version, so it mught be slightly different at your computer...) and then on the upper option. You can then type in a search term (in this case "Word") and if it's on your computer it will show up!

Hope it will work!

#1691 - Wed May 29 2002 01:33 PM Re: A Question About the Computer
ImTyrailia Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Houston, tx
If you have Microsoft WORKS I can almost assure you that you do not have Microsoft WORD. You would have had to have purchased this program and installed it on your computer or specifically bought it when you ordered your computer. Almost all computers are shipped with Microsoft WORKS. With WORKS you do not have the full functionality that you would with WORD.

#1692 - Thu May 30 2002 12:08 AM Re: A Question About the Computer
lbruggem Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
Funny that where you live computers are shipped with Works rather than Word! Over here Works is very little used as computers nearly always have Word already installed when you buy them! [Smile]

#1693 - Thu May 30 2002 11:05 PM Re: A Question About the Computer
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
If you have Works Suite 2001 then you WILL have Word 2000 - that is the word processing program which comes with Works Suite - I have it and have just checked the box.

If you don't have Word you could perhaps try popping the information into a spreadsheet instead, you can sort that and you will certainly have the facility with any of the Works packages.

#1694 - Mon Jun 03 2002 09:02 AM Re: A Question About the Computer
tempusfugit Offline
Participant

Just want to thank everyone for trying to help. I was able to do it with a spreadsheet.

#1695 - Mon Jun 03 2002 09:12 AM Re: A Question About the Computer
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
I am so glad that worked for you - and delighted to see that you have been able to join us again, it must have been quite a shock to see that FT was trying to boot you off [Smile] Welcome back anyway.

Moderator:  flopsymopsy, ladymacb29